It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson: Ask Me Anything Reddit.com Right Now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"Hi Reddit, we are a mountain climber, a fiction writer, and both former Governors. We are Gary Johnson and Bill Weld, candidates for President and Vice President. Ask Us Anything!"

He's on there right now check it out! Ask him a question yourself.

www.reddit.com...
edit on 6-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

He's not a true libertarian. Forced vaccinations.... another political shill like Sanders was

On the Issues

The idiot
edit on 6-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Ask him to drop the hell out.

Non Libertarian Progressive Authoritarian

How about ask him how he wishes to promote "hate speech" laws

edit on 6-9-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How is he a progressive?

How is he an authoritarian?

Gary Johnson:"I do not support a carbon tax. The theory sounded good, but it’s way too complex to implement, in my opinion."
on another reply "The free market, and a good economy, will dictate a cleaner and less carbon-emitting economy."

Gary Johnson:"I do believe that marijuana should be legalized, and I do believe California will legalize it in November, which will be a tipping point. An example of a black market in marijuana is Washington state where a black market still survives due to too many taxes."

Gary Johnson:"I've come out in favor of legalizing online poker. I think sports gambling should be legal, too."

Gary Johnson on Immigration:"Work visas would be unlimited in quantity, subject to background checks and provision of Social Security Numbers. No quotas."

Gary Johnson:"I abhor legislation that would regulate the Internet. It doesn’t appear to me to be broken; I don’t want to fix it."
Gary Johnson:"Yes, I would support a pardon for Edward Snowden based on what I know. Watch Citizenfour (and I’m looking forward to the new movie)."

Gary Johnson:"Corporations should be able to make unlimited contributions to political campaigns, but the contributions should be 100% transparent."

edit on 6-9-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Whoot! Thanks for this, reading now.

I've supported him since 2012. Too bad the PTB won't let the debate go feorward (at least without a fight)

He's giving good answers over there people, go over and learn something, especially the ones that don't understand the issues as thoroughly as he does.

Are you all SO sure that Trump knows WTF he's doing, that you're not willing to listen to someone else's responses in detail? Who actually CAN respond in detail, because he's studied the issues?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

How is he a progressive?

Gary Johnson:"I do not support a carbon tax. The theory sounded good, but it’s way too complex to implement, in my opinion."

Really?

Bad example to use. Anyway. Time for bed. Someone else can slam other "issues"

Johnson: I'm a real skeptic on trade agreements, but I would sign TPP. (Jul 2016)

(Pro-TPP, Pro-North American Union, Pro-Globalism, Pro-Carbon Tax Schemes) - THAT is Libertarian... I think not.

The Libertarian Ticket with these two on it is shameful.

www.thenewamerican.com...

“Libertarian” Gary Johnson Pushes “Free Market” Carbon Tax

Johnson announced support for a deeply unpopular tax on emissions of carbon dioxide, or CO2, to stop alleged “climate change.” And he sought to deceive voters while doing it. While the former New Mexico governor framed the tax scheme as a “fee” and a “free-market approach,” even libertarians blasted the deception.

The “fee,” as Johnson referred to his proposed tax in a perfect emulation of ObamaCare-style semantic deception, would massively expand government control over Americans and the economy. At the same time, the scheme would further enrich crony capitalists such as Goldman Sachs and Al Gore, along with the other mega-banks and oil companies pushing for it. The poor and middle class, though, along with freedom and free markets, would suffer a devastating blow from the plan. Even the planet would suffer, according to experts.

What difference there might be between a government “fee” and a “tax” was not explained. Nor was it immediately clear from Johnson's statements whether CO2 exhaled during breathing or released when opening a soda can would be taxed. It was also not clear how government extracting wealth from the private sector to battle emissions of the “gas of life” could in any way be considered a “free-market approach” to anything. Real Libertarians ridiculed the idea.

Where such UN-backed carbon tax schemes have been imposed, not only did they distort the market and hurt consumers, but they resulted in the murder, brutalization, and uprooting of impoverished Africans. Massive land grabs to plant trees for European “carbon credits” schemes, perpetrated with backing from the World Bank, the UN, and the European Union, were so bad that some critics called the process “cultural genocide.”

Libertarians' Pick for VP Is a Globalist Liberal

Vice-presidential candidate of the Libertarian Party (on a ticket led by former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson), was once part of a plan that would greatly diminish America’s national sovereignty, if not eventually abolish it completely.

In what a 2004 WorldNetDaily article called a plan to virtually eliminate the national borders of North America, the scheme envisioned a continent-wide, customs-free zone with a common approach to trade, energy, immigration, law enforcement, and security. The model for this effort to integrate the United States with Canada and Mexico was the European Union (EU). Under this plan, for example, illegal immigration among these three nations would end, because all such movement of people would be legal.

The 2004 panel, the Independent Task Force on North America — a project of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), of which Weld is a long-time member — was co-chaired by former Liberal Party Deputy Prime Minister John Manley of Canada; Pedro Aspe, a former Mexican finance minister; and former Massachusetts Governor William Weld.

As one would suspect, the Libertarian Party has long claimed to be the party of liberty; however, its selection of William Weld to run for vice president should certainly throw that idea into question.

Weld supports continued U.S. membership in the United Nations.

While Weld’s willingness to discuss the integration of the United States into a proposed North American Union, functionally eliminating American national sovereignty in the process, is of concern enough for Americans who believe in limited government and individual liberty, surely the Libertarian Party could cite some pro-liberty positions of Weld?

Hardly.

Weld is a supporter of expansive environmental regulations — a stance that fits well with Johnson, who has called the draconian Environmental Protection Agency an example of good government.

When questioned about his past pro-gun control positions, Weld offered Libertarian convention-goers the lame response that he is a “lifelong hunter.”

In Summary, neither of these Progressive Clowns are Libertarians.

edit on 6-9-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: FamCore

Unlike the others who will just take corporate money to have an opinion, I'm sure he'd be open to learning more about the issue, though.

link   

Ask him to drop the hell out.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Only to further manipulate the public to garner support - at least Jill Stein is convincing At first a lot of supporters got behind Johnson primarily because of his outspoken stance on term limits for Congress, only to learn that POTUS is virtually powerless on this issue.

Johnson isn't "for the people" any more than Bernie Sanders claimed to be. By the way, Bernie just endorsed Hillary for a 2nd time. They're all in the career of lying to people to get a job. If you don't realize this you are lost

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

My final question to you fake-libertarians: do you globalist f#s have any more Ron Pauls in hiding, or are you seriously the best decoys that the 'Libertarian' party has to offer? At this point, I'd take Rand. Or a Murray Rothbard. Or how about Hans-Hermann Hoppe - is he available, you f#ing globalist sellouts?

Ahhhhahahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Capitalist libertarians are pro-free markets and against state intervention into trade or the market.

Libertarians are for open immigration not open borders.

link   

link   

originally posted by: FamCore

He's not a true libertarian. Forced vaccinations.... another political shill like Sanders was

On the Issues

The idiot
AMEN to that! The only thing I'm on board with is legalizing Cannabis, Otherwise Gary is just a tool of the system like pretty much every other candidate. I wish I could travel back in time so I could cast a vote and feel like it actually matters. OK, if I actually traveled back in time, voting would be far from the top on my list of priorities. . . . . . . Now, meeting and wooing Betty Page would be towards the top of the list 😉 lol
edit on 6-9-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Technical difficulty

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

How is he a progressive?

Really?

Bad example to use. Anyway. Time for bed. Someone else can slam other "issues"

Johnson: I'm a real skeptic on trade agreements, but I would sign TPP. (Jul 2016)

(Pro-TPP, Pro-North American Union, Pro-Globalism, Pro-Carbon Tax Schemes) - THAT is Libertarian... I think not.

The Libertarian Ticket with these two on it is shameful.

“Libertarian” Gary Johnson Pushes “Free Market” Carbon Tax

Johnson announced support for a deeply unpopular tax on emissions of carbon dioxide, or CO2, to stop alleged “climate change.” And he sought to deceive voters while doing it. While the former New Mexico governor framed the tax scheme as a “fee” and a “free-market approach,” even libertarians blasted the deception.

The “fee,” as Johnson referred to his proposed tax in a perfect emulation of ObamaCare-style semantic deception, would massively expand government control over Americans and the economy. At the same time, the scheme would further enrich crony capitalists such as Goldman Sachs and Al Gore, along with the other mega-banks and oil companies pushing for it. The poor and middle class, though, along with freedom and free markets, would suffer a devastating blow from the plan. Even the planet would suffer, according to experts.

What difference there might be between a government “fee” and a “tax” was not explained. Nor was it immediately clear from Johnson's statements whether CO2 exhaled during breathing or released when opening a soda can would be taxed. It was also not clear how government extracting wealth from the private sector to battle emissions of the “gas of life” could in any way be considered a “free-market approach” to anything. Real Libertarians ridiculed the idea.

Where such UN-backed carbon tax schemes have been imposed, not only did they distort the market and hurt consumers, but they resulted in the murder, brutalization, and uprooting of impoverished Africans. Massive land grabs to plant trees for European “carbon credits” schemes, perpetrated with backing from the World Bank, the UN, and the European Union, were so bad that some critics called the process “cultural genocide.”

Libertarians' Pick for VP Is a Globalist Liberal

Vice-presidential candidate of the Libertarian Party (on a ticket led by former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson), was once part of a plan that would greatly diminish America’s national sovereignty, if not eventually abolish it completely.

In what a 2004 WorldNetDaily article called a plan to virtually eliminate the national borders of North America, the scheme envisioned a continent-wide, customs-free zone with a common approach to trade, energy, immigration, law enforcement, and security. The model for this effort to integrate the United States with Canada and Mexico was the European Union (EU). Under this plan, for example, illegal immigration among these three nations would end, because all such movement of people would be legal.

The 2004 panel, the Independent Task Force on North America — a project of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), of which Weld is a long-time member — was co-chaired by former Liberal Party Deputy Prime Minister John Manley of Canada; Pedro Aspe, a former Mexican finance minister; and former Massachusetts Governor William Weld.

As one would suspect, the Libertarian Party has long claimed to be the party of liberty; however, its selection of William Weld to run for vice president should certainly throw that idea into question.

Weld supports continued U.S. membership in the United Nations.

While Weld’s willingness to discuss the integration of the United States into a proposed North American Union, functionally eliminating American national sovereignty in the process, is of concern enough for Americans who believe in limited government and individual liberty, surely the Libertarian Party could cite some pro-liberty positions of Weld?

Hardly.

Weld is a supporter of expansive environmental regulations — a stance that fits well with Johnson, who has called the draconian Environmental Protection Agency an example of good government.

When questioned about his past pro-gun control positions, Weld offered Libertarian convention-goers the lame response that he is a “lifelong hunter.”

In Summary, neither of these Progressive Clowns are Libertarians.

Define what a progressive is?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

originally posted by: FamCore

On the Issues

The idiot
AMEN to that! The only thing I'm on board with is legalizing Cannabis, Otherwise Gary is just a tool of the system like pretty much every other candidate. I wish I could travel back in time so I could cast a vote and feel like it actually matters. OK, if I actually traveled back in time, voting would be far from the top on my list of priorities. . . . . . . Now, meeting and wooing Betty Page would be towards the top of the list 😉 lol

And I support a person's right to choose, so when it comes to vaccinations we should be able to make the decision whether we want to vaccinate our kids or not. I choose to vaccinate my kid and you never say never. Look, in the case of a zombie apocalypse taking over the United States, and there is a vaccine for that, as president of the United States, you might find me mandating that vaccine."

reason.com...

Gary Johnson on Twitter "No support for a carbon fee. I never raised one penny of tax...Taxes to me are like a death plague"

twitter.com...
He's not for mandatory vaccination unless its a public health emergency.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Maybe his short term memory is gone.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

How is he a progressive?

on another reply "The free market, and a good economy, will dictate a cleaner and less carbon-emitting economy."

Gary Johnson:"I do believe that marijuana should be legalized, and I do believe California will legalize it in November, which will be a tipping point. An example of a black market in marijuana is Washington state where a black market still survives due to too many taxes."

Gary Johnson:"I've come out in favor of legalizing online poker. I think sports gambling should be legal, too."

Gary Johnson on Immigration:"Work visas would be unlimited in quantity, subject to background checks and provision of Social Security Numbers. No quotas."

Gary Johnson:"I abhor legislation that would regulate the Internet. It doesn’t appear to me to be broken; I don’t want to fix it."
Gary Johnson:"Yes, I would support a pardon for Edward Snowden based on what I know. Watch Citizenfour (and I’m looking forward to the new movie)."

Gary Johnson:"Corporations should be able to make unlimited contributions to political campaigns, but the contributions should be 100% transparent."

Did you make these up? Cite your sources if you have any.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

On July 27, 2016, Bill Weld, Gary Johnson's running mate, said that he and Johnson support the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal and free trade in general. Weld said, “We’re the only free trade ticket in the race.” He added, “I’m convinced TPP is good policy. I’m not sure that the rank-and-file members in Congress agree with Mr. Trump on that. Until quite recently, you thought of the Republican party as the free trade party. It’s just Mr. Trump that’s gone off the reservation. … [The TPP] brings us in under the rubric, under the tent of a free trade area with 11 nations…in Asia that does not include China. So it’s almost like an informal economic alliance with those 11 countries. So it’s more than a beachhead - it’s planting the flag, economic flag big-time in Asia, and that’s worth a lot to us.”[51]

Cadidates on the TPP

He lost me when I saw this... TPP doesnt strike me as a very libertarian stance.. cant support someone that wants to push more control to the corporations.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I'm sure if you look at his paychecks will be one of George Soros companys,covering all bases throw a shill in the mix,guy kind of reminds me of"Scrappy Do"

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I'm sure if you look at his paychecks will be one of George Soros companys,covering all bases throw a shill in the mix,guy kind of reminds me of"Scrappy Do"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join