It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton slams Trump for commenting on Fed policies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So Donald Trump decides to criticize the Federal Reserve and points out some possible problems and then Hillary says it's not his place to say anything !!!

And even worse, she says no sitting President should comment on the Fed either claiming "words" have consequences !!!

WoW, has she gone completely off the deep end?

I thought a Republic like the U.S. should encourage all politicians commenting on the Central Bank.

Hillary made other comments today about the Clinton Foundation too.

She was addressing her gang of reporters on her new airplane.

Clinton slams Trump for commenting on Fed policies

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton criticized Republican rival Donald Trump on Tuesday for making comments about the Federal Reserve's monetary policies, which she said should be off-limits for U.S. presidents and presidential candidates.

"You should not be commenting on Fed actions when you are either running for president or you are president," Clinton told reporters on her campaign plane. "Words have consequences. Words move markets. Words can be misinterpreted."

Trump, who has previously accused the U.S. central bank of keeping interest rates low to help Democratic President Barack Obama, said on Monday that interest rates should change.

"They're keeping the rates down so that everything else doesn't go down," Trump said in response to a reporter's request to address a potential rate hike by the Federal Reserve in September. "We have a very false economy."

edit on Sep-06-2016 by xuenchen because: lostinthemail

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

These two are both off their rockers. Gary Johnson is a close 2nd. Bunch of pompous assh*les pandering to the public as if they actually care about the voters and the "difference they can make".

F*** ALL of them.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Uh, oh...

Trump did it again.

He used naughty language, I mean, said mean things, I mean, spoke up on something important, relevant, real world?

Shame!

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
She better start choosing her words more wisely. Since mid Aug her chances of winning have dropped 21 points and no end in sight really. So many things on fire for her and several things about to catch fire. She needs to start answering real questions and stop worrying about Trump. The more she goes after him the more her numbers drop. I think she is just frustrated at this point with all the TV ads having no effect. She should have learned that lesson from Jeb. Not going to beat him with a big bag of money.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but Trump is 100% correct on his assessment of Fed monetary policy and interest rates. Interest rates should NEVER have been kept this low for so long. The only reason why they continue to be so low is that raising them would blow up in their faces.

But for savers like me, life would be better.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
She can't have anything interfere with her gravy train now, can't have that.

I would recommend Trump continue to talk about the Fed, see what kind of a corner she paints herself into.

Because if there is one thing that I think honest Americans can agree on, it's that we don't like big banks.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I was hoping for better press coverage of the better candidates this year.

Vermin Supreme is not a novice when it comes to Presidential runs. This is not his first dog and pony show as he has stated. Mr. Supreme and his Vice Presidential Candidate Jimmy McMillan (Who Represents The Rent Is Too Damn High Party) plan to run again in 2016 if they lose their 2012 Presidential run.
Vermin Supreme For President 2016

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I hate to say this, but Trump is 100% correct on his assessment of Fed monetary policy and interest rates. Interest rates should NEVER have been kept this low for so long. The only reason why they continue to be so low is that raising them would blow up in their faces.

But for savers like me, life would be better.

The reason they remain low, is every time they try to raise them the politicians complain it will slow the economy. With a real unemployment/under employment rate as high as we have it, that's something a lot of them just don't want to do.

I agree we need to raise them (though at this point, maybe it's too late) but it's not like it's consequence free.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"
-Voltaire

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Self edit.

Thread drift....

edit on 6-9-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I agree we need to raise them (though at this point, maybe it's too late) but it's not like it's consequence free.

Don't think it is.

But if we're to have any kind of real economic activity in the future we have to take it in the chest eventually.
edit on 6 9 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think Clinton should continue to defend the private Federal Reserve. That way she'll really get killed at the polls in November!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Trump is right. The Fed has painted itself into a corner by keeping rates so low. The stock market is booming because there is no where else to earn any decent return. The low rates have also inflated real estate prices again.

Personally, I benefit from low rates as I work in the mortgage industry, but rates are entirely too low. Savers are not getting any kind of return on their money. Those one fixed incomes are being forced into risky products to earn any kind of return.

If rates go up appreciably, it will certainly cause some pain in the real estate markets. Rates should have been raised years ago and really never should have been lowered this much to begin with. Unfortunately, the fed is a political tool and that is what drives decision making, not logic or sound economic policy.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I have written about this previously. The WW Central Banks are in control...fund or defund. Trump has balls, while Ms. Clinton goes back into the status quo response.

Wake up people......Vote on Nov.8th. You decide......but if you are not happy, not better off, suffering, worried, afraid of your own personal safety, mad as hell at the non-action of both our Congress on Potus.......then go vote. You decide.

What the hell do you have to lose????

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Precisely.

I'm a saver despite the low interest rates.

But, I also know that rates can't stay this low forever. When the Fed's target inflation is reached they will have to raise interest rates anyway before that inflation begins to go out of control. They will have to tighten up policy eventually.

When? Who knows. I'm thinking probably 4th quarter 2017 we will at least hear the rumblings of interest rate changes. But as another poster said, it maybe too late already.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So is it just me or has Clinton reached the point where she is more or less going to slam Trump for simply opening his mouth no matter what he says?

"Did you hear? My opponent said that Spanky's made a tasty burger! Does he have no idea how offensive that is to our Hindu citizens?! There you have it ... Donald Trump is an anti-Hindu bigot."

Then the news cycle spends the next week analyzing whether or not Trump's compliment of Spanky's burger actually was racist dog whistle against Hindu-Americans and on Friday there is an editorial about how Trump had the worst week ever ...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Edumakated

Precisely.

I'm a saver despite the low interest rates.

But, I also know that rates can't stay this low forever. When the Fed's target inflation is reached they will have to raise interest rates anyway before that inflation begins to go out of control. They will have to tighten up policy eventually.

When? Who knows. I'm thinking probably 4th quarter 2017 we will at least hear the rumblings of interest rate changes. But as another poster said, it maybe too late already.

If they raise interest rates for savers is it the same interest rates for loaners etc

Isn't someone gonna get the sh*t end of the stick either way?

Or are they seperate interest rates?

I ask you, because you seem to be on the ball and are always a straight shooter.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or It was a Ham and Cheese on rye.

Can't leave out offending Jews and Muslims.

Trumps apparently an equal opportunity offender. He doesn't discriminate against anyone...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The rates would go up for everyone. Borrowers, lenders, and savers. The only ones who benefit from rate hikes will be lenders and savers.

Borrowing will definitely slow down, but it has to in order for savings to increase. Capital comes from savings. Using borrowed money as capital tends to force the market as a whole to over leverage. That's the situation we're in now.

If interest rates go back to where they are supposed to be it will wipe some people out, but then saving will become more commonplace and banks will be better capitalized in the future to ramp up lending again.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

"You should not be commenting on Fed actions when you are either running for president or you are president," Clinton told reporters on her campaign plane. "Words have consequences. Words move markets. Words can be misinterpreted."

I think you can say whatever the hell you want when you are running for president.

I seriously look forward to the debates

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join