It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Van Susteren leaves Fox after 14 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Darkinsider

Contract disputes.

She can't go to a new network right away either, according to her previous contract.

But Fox basically fired her.

You are absolutely correct. It is right there on google and elsewhere. Nice job of clarifying. I like that.

No they didn't. She attempted a contract negotiation, it didn't work. She said she was also not happy there and there was a time sensitive clause that would allow her to leave due to Ailes leaving. They had no intention of firing her.

Peace
KD

You are absolutely correct. It is right there on google and elsewhere. Nice job of clarifying. I like that.

No they didn't. She attempted a contract negotiation, it didn't work. She said she was also not happy there and there was a time sensitive clause that would allow her to leave due to Ailes leaving. They had no intention of firing her.

Peace
KD
edit on 6-9-2016 by Darkinsider because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
@Darkinsider: She may have come across the issues that you saw as fair and balanced, but it's the behind the scenes that I'm more concerned about.

@bigfatfurrytexan: You're correct that any big-name journalist is suspect of spinning the media tales of course.

One factor to consider is that regardless of her open persona, she is married to John P. Coale , a VERY high powered and influential lawyer.

While her reporting may appear open and honest, there's no telling what strings are being pulled with her own quite powerful celebrity. Scientologists manipulate and control. They lie and subjugate whenever necessary. YES, other politicians, lawyers, journalists do this as well, but when you get the opportunity to KNOW particularities like in this case, it makes it easier to weed them out. Again, not to be trusted.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
@Darkinsider: She may have come across the issues that you saw as fair and balanced, but it's the behind the scenes that I'm more concerned about.

@bigfatfurrytexan: You're correct that any big-name journalist is suspect of spinning the media tales of course.

One factor to consider is that regardless of her open persona, she is married to John P. Coale , a VERY high powered and influential lawyer.

While her reporting may appear open and honest, there's no telling what strings are being pulled with her own quite powerful celebrity. Scientologists manipulate and control. They lie and subjugate whenever necessary. YES, other politicians, lawyers, journalists do this as well, but when you get the opportunity to KNOW particularities like in this case, it makes it easier to weed them out. Again, not to be trusted.

I see your point....but be honest....a lot of stretch and conjecture in your statement. Greta and her reports are all online, I do not remember anything in her private life that was EVER reported that would shed a shadow on her integrity. Let's just go with the facts as we know them. She was a fair, educated, deep depth investigator....and didn't just sit in a chair.....she brought many broadcasts from the field touching upon crime scenes, murder, floods, earthquakes...........WE ALL need more of her type IMHO.

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The takedown of Fox news continues. The oligarchs were not satisfied with even token conservative media. Watch the whole thing unravel. No doubt Hannity and O'Reilly are next.

However it's too late for controlled media. The cat is out of the bag and they are increasingly irrelevant. Alternative media will rule and reporting will come directly from the people. My only fear now is the current attempt to completely shut down the internet and to control it through censors and copyright laws.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders
The takedown of Fox news continues. The oligarchs were not satisfied with even token conservative media. WatcIh the whole thing unravel. No doubt Hannity and O'Reilly are next.

However it's too late for controlled media. The cat is out of the bag and they are increasingly irrelevant. Alternative media will rule and reporting will come directly from the people. My only fear now is the current attempt to completely shut down the internet and to control it through censors and copyright laws.

I think you raise some valid points. I will not be surprised to see O'Reilly retire after the election....he has left bread crumbs alluding to this.

I bet after the election......many of the networks and cable outlets will have some major changes....speculation for sure....but.....after the election.....a time to clear the bases, and bring in something different, not necessarily new. That's how I see it. Only time will tell. But, for sure, 2017, no matter what, will be much different than 2016. IMHO

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Spineless, but more decent than most.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
20 million though???? for #s sake.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Spineless, but more decent than most.

I would have expected more from you. 'spineless'...I just do not see it. What I see is a woman with integrity, and a dedicated media public servant.

That was rough from you. Just being honest....but, you are entitled to your impressions.

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The thing I got against her was her reaction to the Ailes sex scandal. Look with all due respect this is a decent and intelligent woman but she’s no beauty and for her to say something like” Ailes never bothered me was stupid to naïve and sounded like curry favoring to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The thing I got against her was her reaction to the Ailes sex scandal. Look with all due respect this is a decent and intelligent woman but she’s no beauty and for her to say something like” Ailes never bothered me was stupid to naïve and sounded like curry favoring to me.

Darn just responded, and lost my connection and response...

Ok, I understand your perspective. However, Greta's decision has been brewing for months. Changes at FOX are evident. I just believek Greta, at this point in her life felt, after asking for alterations in her contract, and being denied, took advantage of saying.....I'm Done.

She was one of the most valuable contributors of fair and balanced anchors on ALL of t.v. IMHO. I am just sorry to see her leave.....she is a leader, courageous, and a person of principle and integrity. again IMHO.

The Gretchen Carlson thing may have influenced her decision, why not?, Thing have changed, she took the oppt'y to leave and I commend her for that.

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Timing is pin perfect to FOX handing Gretchen Carlson close to $20 million to end that sex harassment suit. It amazes me how $20 million can take all that pain & humiliation of sexual harassment away. I guess Greta has a few scruples.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow

Scientologist or not, compared to Hannity, she was Walter Cronkite. Hannity has his head buried so far up Trump's arse......

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

IMO, journalists shouldn't be judged regarding their bias on the presidential election as they are powerless to give opposing viewpoints from their platform or network. How would it make sense for a conservative to support a Dem. candidate?

In other words, the presidential election is practically a non-thing and cannot be the prime consideration when evaluating the ethics of individual journalists. The presidential election is it's own #ty magic show.

It's the other subject matter and strings being pulled behind closed doors that dictate how one should evaluate journalism.

@Darkinsider: Starred your response and I support your opinion to see the good in people and Van Susteren's coverage of various news subjects. Regarding your statement " I do not remember anything in her private life that was EVER reported that would shed a shadow on her integrity." however: you are not supposed to see anything that's not super-clean on her record. Keep in mind how incredibly important personal image is to a persona of her status. When a journalist appears to be completely non-biased, then they have done their job well and that's something Scientologists particularly excel at. Not harping at you; just want to say keep such things in mind. Peace back atcha

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkinsider

originally posted by: Willtell

Darn just responded, and lost my connection and response...

Ok, I understand your perspective. However, Greta's decision has been brewing for months. Changes at FOX are evident. I just believek Greta, at this point in her life felt, after asking for alterations in her contract, and being denied, took advantage of saying.....I'm Done.

She was one of the most valuable contributors of fair and balanced anchors on ALL of t.v. IMHO. I am just sorry to see her leave.....she is a leader, courageous, and a person of principle and integrity. again IMHO.

The Gretchen Carlson thing may have influenced her decision, why not?, Thing have changed, she took the oppt'y to leave and I commend her for that.

Peace
KD

Ask any man here. Would you sexually harass Greta Van Susteren? Of course the honorable guys at ATS, I'm sure, would never harass anyone.

But you see my point, right?

So how does she pretend it’s not likely a Miss America and those other many Fox, Fox’s aren’t likely to be harassed just because nobody ever harassed her

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Fox didn't renegotiate, blah blah etc, it's true.

I thought it might be she was disgusted about the hillbots she has to have on her show.

lol, her last show, I think, she was rolling her eyes big time.

Grete was very fair and commonsense oriented, probably from being a lawyer and prosecutor.

I was pretty stunned when I saw Hume's ugly face on her show and he said she left.

She was with CNN on a show before Fox. Forget the name.

That blond gal that fills in for Megan is really good, I hope she gets the slot.

Good luck Greta!!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
June 29, 2017

GRETA LEAVES MSNBC after only a few months.

""Cable news host Greta Van Susteren is leaving MSNBC just months after joining the network.""

Full Story: www.msn.com...

Never understood why someone of her intelligence would lower herself to MSNBC standards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join