It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Van Susteren leaves Fox after 14 Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Greta Van Susteren quits Fox News
EDIT: Announced and happening NOW. Brit Hume to fill the spot, but just through the elections. ***

I personally, have always respected her. She is smart, seasoned, and fair. Sorry to see her go. Anywhere but CNN or MSNBC please.

Peace
KD
edit on 6-9-2016 by Darkinsider because: added content

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkinsider

Greta Van Susteren quits Fox News

I personally, have always respected her. She is smart, seasoned, and fair. Sorry to see her go. Anywhere but CNN or MSNBC please.

Peace
KD

She was the only one on FOX who seemed to be fair. I still remember, pre-hosting days, when she gave legal commentary during the OJ trial.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkinsider

Contract disputes.

She can't go to a new network right away either, according to her previous contract.

But Fox basically fired her.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was never a fan but I also never questioned her integrity. She will end up on her feet.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Usually anchors are held in a non-compete for a year.

Source:I knew several news anchors in Arizona.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
she was quite the steal for them when they took her from CNN.

The network lost any hope of having me watch long, long ago. She was alright in my book, though. As much as any media clown can be, anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sorry. I thought she was alright until I discovered she was a Scientologist. Now I see her as an undermining, scheming cultist. Not to be trusted at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Contract disputes.

She can't go to a new network right away either, according to her previous contract.

Not really. The issue that started this ball rolling was a clause in her contract that stated she could bail on her contract if the "primary person" wound up leaving, which in this case was Roger Ailes, the CEO who left under a cloud after harassment charges were brought against him by another anchor, Gretchen Carlson. His leaving triggered that clause, and Greta subsequently tried to use this to renegotiate her contract. Fox refused to renegotiate, so she left. You can call it a "firing" if you want, but the fact is she initiated it. Had Ailes not left, she would have been under contract to stay.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Brit Hume announced as replacement only until the Election Season is over. Brit is now on the 7pm slot right now. He is a friend and a neighbor of hers. Sorry to see her go. I really liked her and her integrity, as said above. No Nonsense, get to the bottom of the story. And a hero of our Police men and women.

Peace

KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Sorry. I thought she was alright until I discovered she was a Scientologist. Now I see her as an undermining, scheming cultist. Not to be trusted at all.

Honestly, I did know this fact, scientologist. But, I never saw anything in her reporting, analysis that put a spin on something because of that.
She really was FAIR and BALANCED in IMHO.

Just sorry to see her leave.

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Not really any different than any other reporting source, honestly.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
She was either let go because Gretchen demanded it as part of her settlement or she quit because FOX news gave Gretchen 20 million dollars for some BS.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Now I see her as an undermining, scheming cultist. Not to be trusted at all.

You mean the fact that she worked for Fox didn't tip you off to that?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Now I see her as an undermining, scheming cultist. Not to be trusted at all.

You mean the fact that she worked for Fox didn't tip you off to that?

Well just to be fair. Greta was a voice for many of us. She didn't just sit there....she went out to crime scenes, natural catastrophe's and also played a huge role in getting our former Marine held in a mexican prison released. His names slips my memory, but it was Marine Sgt. Andrew Tamarisi......she is a hero. I wish her all the best. One person that in the media I always looked forward to hearing from. Best Wishes Greta

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I was never a fan of CNN, or FOX or or or

I saw her online once or twice.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I was never a fan of CNN, or FOX or or or

I saw her online once or twice.

I hear ya. But admittedly as kind of a political wonk. Greta was the real deal. She did fair, in depth reporting and was never afraid to debate alternative points of view, but with her Lawyer hat on. She in my opinion, is one of the best media figures right now in our American media system which is so corrupt. She stood above it all. When she spoke, I listened....she actually had something to say. Just sayin'

Peace
KD

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I has to d?----------------------------------o with that Ailes guy(sp)... 20 million dollar payout. It was her or another lady with a kinda sorta name... but 20 mi5llio+n

my kitten was typing... heard on NPR today.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Contract disputes.

No they didn't. She attempted a contract negotiation, it didn't work. She said she was also not happy there and there was a time sensitive clause that would allow her to leave due to Ailes leaving. They had no intention of firing her.

Oops, I see schuyler already said.
edit on 6-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I has to d?----------------------------------o with that Ailes guy(sp)... 20 million dollar payout. It was her or another lady with a kinda sorta name... but 20 mi5llio+n

my kitten was typing... heard on NPR today.

Yep, that was Gretchen Carlson from the 2pm slot after her contract was not renewed. Maybe a connection to Greta V., but in Greta's own statement, she just felt things had changed, and decided to act upon a clause in her contract, and decided to leave. I give her credit. I will miss her......she represented the true definition of integrity.

Peace
KD

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join