It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV VMA's so BLACK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
You sir are fulfilling your role as a "good white".

If he's fulfilling his role as a "good white", what are you fulfilling your role as? A "bad white"? Why do we have to be playing a game, fulfilling a role? We're just people with different viewpoints. You don't HAVE to get racial about it. You choose to.

edit on 9/6/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TheBulk

The award is for videos. Are you seriously trying to argue that black people somehow dominate music? They don't....

No. I'm saying that it's possible black people make music that is more popular on MTV.

It's pretty obvious that MTV made it about black people. Nearly everyone involved in the show is black. It's not at all representative of the country or the industry.

Ok. Why should I care?

You sir are fulfilling your role as a "good white".

"Good white", huh? I'll have to look that one up.

What do you think about the "oscars so white" hullabaloo?

I don't care. Why should I?

Mr. Introvert - your attempt to talk some sense into the OP was a noble one.

However, anyone that uses phrases such as "good white", "the blacks", etc is beyond helping.

Definitely will be interesting to see what he comes up with next..
edit on 9/6/2016 by justme2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why do I feel like you get offended easily?

There is no evil plot to minimize white people... Have you noticed a lot of black artists (famous music artists) are even edited in photographs to make them look white? That their are actresses that never show off their beautiful natural hair because it's not as "nice" or "pretty" as straight, light hair? Have you heard about school's BANNING natural hair because it's OFFENSIVE?? Have you seen the experiments with children where they're asked to pick out a pretty doll and they pick the white doll and explain that the black doll is "ugly"? I'd link any/all of these to you, but I'd be wasting even more time on this ridiculous thread.

How many managers have you asked to speak to over the most ridiculous things... Hmm.

On your way out, please feel free to visit the souvenir stand. Where you can buy your very own "Ignorance Denied? Not Today!" XXXXL hoodie, or coffee mug.

Thank you @justme2

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Man, spare us with the "everyone is persecuting us poor white guys" bu11$#!t rhetoric. Who in the hell is persecuting white guys when you guys are the majority and basically own and run America? You seem like the type of guy that likes to keep certain people " in their place". I've noticed most of your posts are very divisive and borderline supremecist. Now I'll go back to being a "good black". Can't have us "negras" getting too uppity now can we?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This post belongs in the Jokes forum

Can we get a mod on this?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious
This post belongs in the Jokes forum

Can we get a mod on this?
I know, right??

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: justme2

However, anyone that uses phrases such as "good white", "the blacks", etc is beyond helping.

Definitely will be interesting to see what he comes up with next..

When did I ever say this? Did you ever take issue when I said "whites"? A "good white" is a white person that goes out their way to signal their virtue to non-whites out of a sense of utter self hate and guilt. They do this by being racist towards whites that don't accept their warped view of the world. They also do this by accusing other whites of being witches...err racists.
edit on 6-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

Man, spare us with the "everyone is persecuting us poor white guys" bu11$#!t rhetoric. Who in the hell is persecuting white guys

This just isn't true or backed up by what anyone can see for themselves on a daily basis. Whites are broadly generalized and demonized in media and in school. Now you may not have a problem with this or think its deserved, but it is indeed happening.

Just look at how differently this thread is received than the thread claiming black persecution at the Oscars. That's the only reason I posted this.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

The way you started this thread/posts comes across very racist or racial divided concerning (White/Black) people and music,, almost to the point you are racist,, that's the way it seemed to me reading this thread.

I'm amazed. BLM can target white people at libraries and call them "filthy white fu#$" and that's not racist. They can call for police to be killed at a rally that's ends with 5 dead cops and that's not violent! Yet I call out racist hypocrisy in the media and on these very forums, and I'm the neo-nazi racist scum. This world is getting too nutty for me to deal with. You all are beyond help.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A little MTV racism to go along with their racist VMAs:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Why are there still no mods in the area

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious
Why are there still no mods in the area

Why would you need mods? Are you triggered? I've asked several times for you guys to prove your claims of "Racism", but you have yet to do anything but request that I be shut down. Why are you so upset exactly?

One of you keeps claiming I said "the blacks" yet hasn't produced a single quote proving his accusation.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

BLM can target white people at libraries and call them "filthy white fu#$" and that's not racist. They can call for police to be killed at a rally that's ends with 5 dead cops and that's not violent!

Can you provide evidence where BLM called for the rally that "ends with 5 dead cops".

I'd like to see that.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

The way you started this thread/posts comes across very racist or racial divided concerning (White/Black) people and music,, almost to the point you are racist,, that's the way it seemed to me reading this thread.

I'm amazed. BLM can target white people at libraries and call them "filthy white fu#$" and that's not racist. They can call for police to be killed at a rally that's ends with 5 dead cops and that's not violent! Yet I call out racist hypocrisy in the media and on these very forums, and I'm the neo-nazi racist scum. This world is getting too nutty for me to deal with. You all are beyond help.

Guess i see the world very differently than you do?..(I'm not colour blind) but i don't see colour in a person only by their (actions) not skin type or ethnicity etc... We're all HUMAN.

For those that judge the colour of a person,, must judge themselves first.

As for this so called "race war" they're all a bunch of idiots in my book (on all sides),, in the "end" no one wins or gain's anything..Just death's or more hatred.

What do you have to gain from all of this?

edit on 6-9-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Just look at how differently this thread is received than the thread claiming black persecution at the Oscars. That's the only reason I posted this.

Because they were persecuted, and continue to be. Yet, solid proof cannot be produced to prove your theory of mass "white persecution".
Because there isn't any.

I doubt it's the only reason you posted this. I think, personally, you are a little upset that you didn't receive the "shoulder patting" you were expecting.

And because you didn't, at the end of the day, it gives me a little bit more hope for the human race.

Because that is the only race on this planet that should matter to anyone.

If you knew it or not, many people read your topic and automatically assumed you made it for less than kosher reasons. People have said as much.

You claim you didn't. But then 2 seconds later, you post things that directly go against that statement. Along with stating you aren't racist. Which you then do a heck of a job proving [sarcasm]..

Here's the thing. If the kids these days like music that is predominantly by black artists - so be it. I personally think it is refreshing that some of these artists are getting the airtime and recognition that they deserve. And in saying that, I also feel the same for those at the country music awards, the jazz awards, the grammy's....

It's not the race of the artist, but the impact of their artistry that should matter. That doesn't mean you HAVE to like all music (I certainly don't like some music from each of these genres), but at least appreciate their artistry.

Not because they are black. Not because they are white.

Back in the 1950's, everyone freaked out because of Elvis Presley "Bringing the negro music to white america".
Today we have people freaking out because they see an awards show that was predominantly black, and due to such - state that it is threatening white america. And that it is then somehow equated into a war against white america. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? This is 2016, not 1956.

Sadly, the times have changed.. But some stuff remains the same for a minority of people who REFUSE to let go of their ill-will towards people who are NOT EXACTLY LIKE THEMSELVES. Be it their skin color, religion, or handicap.

There is no war against white America as you claim. There is no indoctrination to get people to hate white America as you claim. Those scenarios do NOT exist.

What does exist is hatred and fear.

Both of which should have died a long time ago.

But then there are people like you, "TheBulk" who refuse to let it die by continuing all of this malarkey in which you spew.

If you didn't read/comprehend anything else I wrote, TheBulk - remember this one thing. There is no war against white america. And never has been.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You sure are obsessed with race aren't you?
edit on 2016-9-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: justme2

Because they were persecuted, and continue to be. Yet, solid proof cannot be produced to prove your theory of mass "white persecution".
Because there isn't any.

I doubt it's the only reason you posted this. I think, personally, you are a little upset that you didn't receive the "shoulder patting" you were expecting.

And because you didn't, at the end of the day, it gives me a little bit more hope for the human race.

Because that is the only race on this planet that should matter to anyone.

If you knew it or not, many people read your topic and automatically assumed you made it for less than kosher reasons. People have said as much.

You claim you didn't. But then 2 seconds later, you post things that directly go against that statement. Along with stating you aren't racist. Which you then do a heck of a job proving [sarcasm]..

Here's the thing. If the kids these days like music that is predominantly by black artists - so be it. I personally think it is refreshing that some of these artists are getting the airtime and recognition that they deserve. And in saying that, I also feel the same for those at the country music awards, the jazz awards, the grammy's....

It's not the race of the artist, but the impact of their artistry that should matter. That doesn't mean you HAVE to like all music (I certainly don't like some music from each of these genres), but at least appreciate their artistry.

Not because they are black. Not because they are white.

Back in the 1950's, everyone freaked out because of Elvis Presley "Bringing the negro music to white america".
Today we have people freaking out because they see an awards show that was predominantly black, and due to such - state that it is threatening white america. And that it is then somehow equated into a war against white america. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? This is 2016, not 1956.

Sadly, the times have changed.. But some stuff remains the same for a minority of people who REFUSE to let go of their ill-will towards people who are NOT EXACTLY LIKE THEMSELVES. Be it their skin color, religion, or handicap.

There is no war against white America as you claim. There is no indoctrination to get people to hate white America as you claim. Those scenarios do NOT exist.

What does exist is hatred and fear.

Both of which should have died a long time ago.

But then there are people like you, "TheBulk" who refuse to let it die by continuing all of this malarkey in which you spew.

If you didn't read/comprehend anything else I wrote, TheBulk - remember this one thing. There is no war against white america. And never has been.

Well said wouldn't have put it any differently myself

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

BLM can target white people at libraries and call them "filthy white fu#$" and that's not racist. They can call for police to be killed at a rally that's ends with 5 dead cops and that's not violent!

Can you provide evidence where BLM called for the rally that "ends with 5 dead cops".

I'd like to see that.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Double Standards.

Frankly I don't care whether a show is dominantly white or black or native or whatever.

But when people make a huge stink about it, cry racism and boycott something then proceed to completely ignore and even justify the same actions on their own turf, it's time for a reality check.

edit on 6-9-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Who cares and why is this a political issue?

Why does a "Rant" have to mean it's "political"? You do realize this isn't just a political forums?

a reply to: Konduit

Clearly a racist sentiment, if you are a Cis Straight White Male. How dare you?!?
edit on 7-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join