It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV VMA's so BLACK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Let me say right off the bat that I don't watch this crap. However, I do remember a huge controversy over the fact the Oscars were "so white". Just google, "Oscars so white". Now from what I've seen from my friend's facebook feeds, the VMAs appear to have been almost completely black. Of course, no contraversy over this.

This just proves once again that "social justice" and "diversity" are nothing but a nice way of saying "no white people". The craziest part of this is that it's mostly white people making it happen this way. They've been indoctrinated from a young age to hate themselves and the only way they feel they can atone is racism against other whites. By doing this they become a "White Ally".

Second, are they saying there aren't any talented white people in Music? It's all black people? We're in a country that is 65% white and 13% black and the music awards just completely ignored the majority based on nothing more than their skin color?

The people that are behind this crap are everything they claim to be against. They're projecting. It's no surprise that they think racism is the cure for racism.

Lastly, My favorite Roo (Atheism is Unstoppable) just put out a good video on the subject. Feel free to watch.

edit on 6-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Who cares and why is this a political issue?

The VMA's are possibly more black because the people that were successful with their music in those genres happen to be mostly black. Same as the people that are successful in country music happen to be predominantly white.

Real question is why should we care? Let them be successful in what they do.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Who cares and why is this a political issue?

The VMA's are possibly more black because the people that were successful with their music in those genres happen to be mostly black. Same as the people that are successful in country music happen to be predominantly white.

Wait, what? First off, this award covers country music. That being said, there are TONS of successful white people in all varieties of music. You're grasping in your white ally need to explain away clear racism from those you feel a need to defend.

Real question is why should we care? Let them be successful in what they do.

Because if you're white, hatred against you is becoming more and more popular and more main stream. In an attempt to "fix" racism, those in power are making it worse by the day. Attitudes like yours are making it worse.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Wait, what? First off, this award covers country music.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they play much country on MTV. Don't they have their own channel and music awards?

You're grasping in your white ally need to explain away clear racism from those you feel a need to defend.

"White ally need"? What are you talking about? I'm not defending racism because I'm not seeing any. It's a damned music award show. Who cares? Turn off the TV and go learn to make your own music.

Because if you're white, hatred against you is becoming more and more popular and more main stream. In an attempt to "fix" racism, those in power are making it worse by the day. Attitudes like yours are making it worse.

Nonsense. I'm white and no one is hating me for my skin color.

Me thinks you are being a drama queen about this.
edit on 6-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sooooooo....

The Oscars was racist, according to you?

Imagine my shock that a "black people thread" was created by you.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm white and have no issues over the award ceremony's, even if their mostly black artists etc, I enjoy watching them and listening to the music.

I just don't see the problem?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok.... So the majority present were not white.

And the problem is?

The issue with this is?

The OP is the only one in this thread that appears to have an issue with race, or rather, has turned this into an issue of race.

I bet you were quite the card to watch when you found out about the "BET Awards".

Sure, call me a "white ally".

Ally:
"to associate or connect by some mutual relationship, as resemblance or friendship."

How is that supposed to be derogatory? Do you realize what you are even saying here?

That people should not "Unite" or "Associate" if their skin color is different???

I thought the 1950's were over......... Apparently not.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The MOBO awards are racist as # though.

*Edit*
Imagine a 'musicians of white origin' awards night lol

edit on 6.9.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Now from what I've seen from my friend's facebook feeds, the VMAs appear to have been almost completely black.

Your friends are talking about how the VMAs were mostly black, huh? I think you should stop listening to your friends and listen to yourself, because this is a very astute statement that applies to you and this thread:

The people that are behind this crap are everything they claim to be against. They're projecting. It's no surprise that they think racism is the cure for racism.

YOU are "behind this crap" by starting this thread. You are everything you claim to be against. You're projecting. It's no surprise that you think racism is the cure for racism.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I could be wrong, but I don't think they play much country on MTV. Don't they have their own channel and music awards?

The award is for videos. Are you seriously trying to argue that black people somehow dominate music? They don't....

"White ally need"? What are you talking about? I'm not defending racism because I'm not seeing any. It's a damned music award show. Who cares? Turn off the TV and go learn to make your own music.

Did you even read the OP? I don't think you did. I think you read the title and responded.

It's pretty obvious that MTV made it about black people. Nearly everyone involved in the show is black. It's not at all representative of the country or the industry. MTV has been on a "# white people" kick for the last few years. Just watch any of their youtube videos on race. It's all about stereotyping and demonizing whites. They clearly chose to go with an all black show as some sort of response to the Oscars or just to virtue signal in general.

You sir are fulfilling your role as a "good white".

Nonsense. I'm white and no one is hating me for my skin color.

It's everywhere. Choosing to ignore it does not make you virtuous or intellectual. It just makes you ignorant.

Me thinks you are being a drama queen about this.

What do you think about the "oscars so white" hullabaloo?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Your friends are talking about how the VMAs were mostly black, huh? I think you should stop listening to your friends and listen to yourself, because this is a very astute statement that applies to you and this thread

No. just MTV/VMA related stories coming across my feed.

YOU are "behind this crap" by starting this thread. You are everything you claim to be against. You're projecting. It's no surprise that you think racism is the cure for racism.

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. I'm just pointing out clear hypocrisy here. Hypocrisy like yours.. Funny that in the case of "oscars so white" you only took issue with those who had a problem with "oscars so white".

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: justme2
Ok.... So the majority present were not white.

And the problem is?

The issue with this is?

The OP is the only one in this thread that appears to have an issue with race, or rather, has turned this into an issue of race.

I bet you were quite the card to watch when you found out about the "BET Awards".

Sure, call me a "white ally".

Ally:
"to associate or connect by some mutual relationship, as resemblance or friendship."

How is that supposed to be derogatory? Do you realize what you are even saying here?

That people should not "Unite" or "Associate" if their skin color is different???

I thought the 1950's were over......... Apparently not.

Sad.

The only thing sad here is your reading comprehension. It's not even worth it to correct you.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
I'm white and have no issues over the award ceremony's, even if their mostly black artists etc, I enjoy watching them and listening to the music.

I just don't see the problem?

And that makes you a good white. Who cares if all those white artists were snubbed because they had the wrong color skin for virtue signaling?

What were your feelings on the Osacars so white controversy?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I didn't give a second thought to it. People having opinions... It must have gotten your panties in quite a twist, though...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

*Edit*

Lol (MOWO) awards,, I'd buy that for a dollar :-)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I didn't give a second thought to it. People having opinions... It must have gotten your panties in quite a twist, though...

No, I didn't even post in the thread. You did though.....And, you did post here. You did give THIS a second thought. Strange huh?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

originally posted by: grainofsand

*Edit*

Lol (MOWO) awards,, I'd buy that for a dollar :-)

I know, it is silly. It's not like there is some need to distinguish the racial origin of a good artist.
It's pathetic really...MOBO...what is the actual point of that aside from dividing musical people who need no divide?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Funny that in the case of "oscars so white" you only took issue with those who had a problem with "oscars so white".

I took NO issue with anything. Here's the entirety of what I said on the subject:

I don't have any problem with them boycotting anything they choose to. I wouldn't join them, but they're free to do it. I don't really care.

I don't know why everyone is so concerned with shaming other people's choices... I mean, really... So what? Let them boycott. Everyone gets a burr up their ass now and then.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It's everywhere. Choosing to ignore it does not make you virtuous or intellectual. It just makes you ignorant.

Hold on there buck-a-roo. Everyone in this thread is making sense. Except, for you. There's a shocker...

You go around interpreting everything you see as some pervasive "war against the white race". When (shhh, let me tell you a secret, and please sit down) such a war: doesn't exist. And, it never has.

You know who thinks things like that? The white supremacist movement. You know why? Because they go around screaming almost verbatim some of the things you stated above: to entice and attract (wait for it!) ignorant people!

So there ya go.

On your way out, please feel free to visit the souvenir stand. Where you can buy your very own "Ignorance Denied? Not Today!" XXXXL hoodie, or coffee mug.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join