It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% carbon dioxide emissions reduction by 2050 means 80% depopulation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So Shell, an oil company says that the only thing that will work for us is oil. Well i cant see what they have to gain here. Gotta be telling the total unbiased truth. I remember a fat kid once told why he couldnt stop stuffing cheesburgers down his mouth. He was telling the truth as well. Some thing about is the only thing that will fill him up.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kingj56
So Shell, an oil company says that the only thing that will work for us is oil. Well i cant see what they have to gain here. Gotta be telling the total unbiased truth. I remember a fat kid once told why he couldnt stop stuffing cheesburgers down his mouth. He was telling the truth as well. Some thing about is the only thing that will fill him up.

GREENPEACE PROJECTS:

Primary energy consumption
: Under the Energy [R]evolution
scenario the overall primary energy demand will be reduced by
40% in 2050 compared to the Reference scenario. In this
projection almost the entire global electricity supply, including
the majority of the energy used in buildings and industry, would
come from renewable energy sources. The transport sector, in
particular aviation and shipping, would be the last sector to
become fossil fuel free.

www.greenpeace.org...

The truth will be between the SHELL and GREENPEACE scenario

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Last years world wheat harvest was the biggest ever, thanks to 'global warming' and, what all plants love, CO2, so I dont see a need for a 'cull' or to reduce CO2, no CO2, no plants, no plants, no food, ah, I see, no food = no humans, got it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Last years world wheat harvest was the biggest ever, thanks to 'global warming' and, what all plants love, CO2, so I dont see a need for a 'cull' or to reduce CO2, no CO2, no plants, no plants, no food, ah, I see, no food = no humans, got it.

Thats not completely true some plants will show carbon dioxide damage (chlorosis and necrosis of the leaves). There will come plants that overgrow other plants, become weeds, that prosper on high carbon dioxide levels, eutrophication, we will loose biodiversity in the flora and later in the fauna too (GET IT?)

satoconor.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: amazing
It's definitely going to happen. Tesla is only getting bigger, more solar companies pop up whenever legislation makes it possible. Battery technology, solar panel technology, electric car technology, wind turbine technology...all keep accelerating and getting better by the month.

This is being driven by the private sector, of course. The only problem is that government keeps trying to stifle it and get in the way.

I think we want the same thing, better cleaner energy. The problem is that government is subsidizing some companies (and not others) which creates a crony relationship. Without this distortion, unconnected companies (and people) would independently pursue viable solutions.

As much as I like Musk and while technically his "gift" comes in the form of reduced or eliminated taxes, surely he has been given preferential treatment not afforded any potential competitors. This tends to constrain innovation and increase cost.

I like tax breaks, let's all have them.

But that's the problem. Car manufacturers, oil companies, coal companies and electric companies, like Nevada power, they all either have monopolies and pay elected officials to get preferential laws or they get big subsidies and tax breaks that renewable energy will never get.

Oil, coal, power companies and auto manufacterers get billions of dollars in subsides or tax breaks every year.

Also states like Nevada and Florida restrict roof top solar. So if I want to get solar panels on my house and pay for them myself or work out a deal with a solar company...I can't. How is that right or legal. That's the problem.

I completely agree of course, independent direction by each individual is the foundation of a free society and private voluntary transactions facilitate it. Government is its greatest enemy.

All energy sources should be utilized and measured against a growing list of pros and cons in each circumstance under which they might have particular benefits and drawbacks.

No subsidies, taxes or fines. Civilization must divorce itself from the state.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting. Also the Fata Morgana from the future, go back to the future!!!

Yeah, I had not had much sleep and was a little out of it, sorry folk's, have no idea were I got 2067 from.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

originally posted by: galien8
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting. Also the Fata Morgana from the future, go back to the future!!!

Yeah, I had not had much sleep and was a little out of it, sorry folk's, have no idea were I got 2067 from.

Its because your LABTECH 7 67 :-D

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join