It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Damning Emails Against Monsanto-Bayer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

I've read he has a Doctoral Degree. Is that the same thing as a PhD?

edit on 9/8/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have never heard of a full professor who doesn't have a doctorate; and since Seralini taught microbiology, I would expect it would have been a PhD. But who knows, the French are wacky.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I have never heard of a full professor who doesn't have a doctorate;

What's a "full professor?'
Is "hemi professor" a thing?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Basically a mechanism to distinguish between adjuncts, assistants, associates, and senior staff.

Some Wiki links if you are curious:
* Adjunct professor
* Assistant professor
* Associate professor
* Full professor
edit on 8-9-2016 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I know. I was being a bit facetious.

Still, I can't seem to find a PhD behind his name (except in blogs and such). That would seem unusual for one who has one. Especially for one as outspoken as he. How about you? Why did you say he has one?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Not that surprising really. It is a culture thing. I know a lady in passing with an MBA who adds it to the end of her emails, but she get trashed behind her back for showing off. In other circles lawyers seem to use the whole JD, LLM, and so on and so forth but no one cares. Normally people who do fringe work tend to promote their store bought "PhDs" because otherwise why would anyone listen to them? Seralini's research might be discredited, but he is not lying about his professorship. www.unicaen.fr... To play devil's advocate however, MIT has made the mistake of hiring people who claim to have their doctorates only to find out they don't. www.thecrimson.com... So it could happen anywhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

but he is not lying about his professorship.

That would be a silly thing to lie about.
But why assume it means a PhD?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Yeah, I know right? =) Easy enough to check. As I said earlier, I have never heard of a full professor not having a doctorate. I know a lecturer with only a bachelor's (which is weird enough) and a senior lecturer who has a masters, but all of them are required to have a PhD if they hope to even be considered for assistant or adjunct level positions. It varies by institution I suppose, but the the greater a university's prestige the more stringent the requirements become. The Université de Caen Normandie has a storied history (Poincaré was a professor there!), so it would be surprising to learn they hired someone in a full professorship role with just a masters.

edit on 8-9-2016 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: Laplace apparently was merely introduced to mathematics in Caen. Forgetting my history I guess. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It's kind of funny how people keep posting that wikipedia link. Like they don't see the republication in 2014 and think if it was 2000 rats instead of 200 the result would be that GMOs are %100 safe.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: twigbaby

Is your car 100% safe?

But did you know his "study" used a strain of rats that tend to get cancer without any help? Did you know that he was feeding them glyphosate too? Do you know much at all about his experiment? Because if you did, you would know that there are some quite peculiar things about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

A Doctoral is more than a masters but not necessarily a Doctorate.

But, as far as I know, neither demands designing good experiments.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

" A Doctoral is more than a masters but not necessarily a Doctorate.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you arguing Seralini was a doctoral student when he wrote the paper and that he had yet to receive his doctorate? That would be a bit strange since he was supposedly the lead researcher on the project. That is a role usually reserved for the highest tenured person on the project regardless of contribution. That aside, I know some truly incompetent PhDs. Brilliant in some aspects, complete messes in others.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I'm saying what I said here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

As far as I am aware, there is nothing between a doctoral student and a doctorate degree.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ok.

Can you show me evidence he has a PhD though. You said he does.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

>> Can you show me evidence he has a PhD though. You said he does.

No, I said what I said here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

originally posted by: twigbaby
It's kind of funny how people keep posting that wikipedia link. Like they don't see the republication in 2014 and think if it was 2000 rats instead of 200 the result would be that GMOs are %100 safe.

Yes, he was republished by a journal that is not as reputable as Elsevier. But let's forget about the journals and let's analyze the study ourselves.

The premise of his study is to compare mice in various dose groups and mice in control groups (control groups were not exposed to GMO). However Seralini never shows any statistical analysis of the comparison which is a must. If there isn't any statistical analysis it's because statistical significance could not be reached. Lack of statistical significance and analysis means the data present is uninterpretable. This is why Elsevier said in their retraction statement that although the results were not incorrect, they were definitely inconclusive.

I think the problem with Seralini was not the data he found, but the fact that his results were inconclusive and yet he was not honest and published them as irrefutable.

edit on 8-9-2016 by Agartha because: SPAG...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ohh thanks to ATS now we know this charity companies Monsanto and Bayer care so much about humans, animals and nature all together.

And who the he'll is that serralini guy, how he dares to talk against such charity companies that help the poor people and care about nature. Shame on him. How he dares to use some rats to prove something. He should feed live people with glyphosphate, a god given product that helps all.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Are you suggesting someone who is a professor of a hard science doesn't have a PhD? What does that have to do with the thread? His shoddy work stands in its own merit.

Edit: He received his PhD from Montpellier University according to his bio. Since that page has been out there for a while and nobody has called that into question through all this it is safe to assume that must be true.
edit on 8-9-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

GMO's may or may not be good or bad statically speaking .Life will eventually kill you :>) ..Its just the nature of the beast . what I noticed about this piece was the industries response to the paper .Not only in this case but there is a trend where they (GMO's) will lobby to not have to label them as such . There is a number of countries that will not except them and that number is growing . More and more people are wanting them to be labelled so they can choose .

Imagine for a sec . If your family has a higher chance of developing cancer like the strain of rats chosen for the study , you might like to not eat the GMO . Why would the industry want to take away that choice by hiding the fact that the product is in what they might be buying . We know that labelling is very important for health concerns (peanuts etc.) We know that the public wants or doesn't want to do with GMO's . We know of a history of the industry dragging farmers through the court systems .

We see the industry getting laws passed despite what most of the public wants . The industry has revolving doors open to the puppet politicians willing to do their bidding . We also see that big cover-ups are possible despite what studies may suggest they are set up to look into .ie.911 commission and others .

This story may be stemming from some week science , but it has taken on a nature that has moved from the labs to the laws .If what the Emails prove to suggest then one has to wonder why if the industry had such great science on their side why would they need to go about shutting it down in such a covert manner instead of the normal peer review process .

This is a kind of mini climate gate issue with big big bucks involved .The industry controls the MSM and most of the research money associated with it .Integrity will win every time when it comes to the truth .Oh and statistics as well because figures don't lie and liers get caught figuring all the time .Its just not always reported in the MSM

Its all about watching the pea .We have seen his PHD questioned and parts of the study .That is one thing but if we go to this point in the piece we can follow the real pea and not be distracted with the studies conclusions weather statically significant or not

Monsanto ‘edits’ Food and Chemical Toxicology In a July 12, 2016 article in the French newspaper Le Monde by award-winning investigative science journalist, Stéphane Foucart, content of sensational and damning email exchanges between Monsanto officials in St. Louis headquarters and Food and Chemical Technology editor-in-chief, A. Wallace Hayes, obtained by US Right to Know (USRTK), reveal that Hayes was secretly in correspondence with Monsanto over the Seralini study his journal had published. journal-neo.org...

edit on 8-9-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join