It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Politically inCorrect!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, I would say so. They want to control the language, and by extension, thought. They are the new puritanical.

Good word!

And totally true.

You definitely take the cake around here these days that I've noticed in vocabulary and higher grammar.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Basically, we can all look superficailly different behave different, but God help you if you dare to have different thoughts and beliefs.

Why then ... you're an evil, hateful bigot of some type, Obviously.

Could you guys for once,instead of whining, please quote one or two of your posts on ATS where other members have labeled you as a bigot or racist ?

You are a bigot when you claim that all/majority of Muslims are evil and want Sharia law and use bigot sources like Pam Geller as a reference

You are a bigot when you say that all Mexicans are rapists

You are a bigot when you say that all/majority of blacks in US are criminals

You are a bigot if you still in the 21st century form an opinion of a whole race/religion/nationality/ethnicity/sexuality based on actions of individuals belonging to those groups.

The OP and his loyal followers like to embrace individually yet they love painting everyone with a broad brush based on actions of individuals.

Epic fail

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Could you guys for once,instead of whining, please quote one or two of your posts on ATS where other members have labeled you as a bigot or racist ?

Go in any of the bigger BLM related threads and you should have no problem finding examples.

The author of this thread is a great example of a routine perpetrator of such:
Uncensored Rally Videos Show Trump’s America

It's the jist of the thread itself, the author, possibly others do it in there, and towards the end you can see people start listing quotes of his doing it et al.

Other examples happen frequently, just not all the time, and not too overtly often by too prominent of members. I haven't been deliberately keeping track But may bother to post you some mre to follow...

But most ATS regulars aren't so extreme, at least not outwardly. I dont expect the more irrational uninsightful types last long enough around here to be much remembered. ATS is special.

CRAP! Is referring to a "black" as a "perpetrator" a microaggression? No offense.

CRAP! Was bringing it up and then apologizing for it still racist? I'm so confused!

edit on 7-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Well none of that applies to anyone here.

Nice try at reading minds. Your last line fits your response well.
edit on 9-7-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ColdWisdom

College campuses tend to be the testing grounds for all sorts of movements and philosophies.

Are there other examples that affect those of us that are not on campus?

Yes. But Freedom of Speech has always been the major trend in such regards. Now the PC Police work like little Hitler's to craft new lists & ways to undo Free Speech.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What I was saying it that when an individual is entirely obsessed with race, see people as collectivist groups categorized by race, have an overblown sensitivity to racial issue and/or criticisms, take offense to the most tiniest of perceived racial 'slights' even when none were intended (especially where comedy is concerned), constantly bring up and tip fedora's at racial issues, constantly allege other people (especially opponents) are racists, have a victim personality type that is totally wrapped up in race, see themselves as a race above being an individual, are prejudiced against others based on what race they are, and so on, people like that are racists.

You used a very key word here.

Individual.

You are talking about the mindset and approach of individuals and has nothing to do with a liberal or progressive ideology.

No. The general concept of PC is a universal, individual concept that can be tied to many aspects (i.e. national anthem etiquette). It is used as a billy club to shame people into conformity in any case...

Kind of like what the USA hockey coach is doing? He says he is going to bench any player that does not stand for the anthem. Why? Because it is not PC to stand for the anthem. Individuals are trying to use their right to free speech and they are being reigned-in because of PC.

Again, what does that have to do with liberals or progressives?

Modern liberal PC is entirely steeped in Identity Politics making it anti-individualistic. Essentially all of its forms are tied to one mass social group issue or another (race, gender, etc). Generally, as with conservatives, PC is mainly just a nuance. With liberals it is the Dogma, where the core set positions is the Creed. The two are deeply intertwined essentially beyond recognition now, as the Magisterium (party) has set its Orthodoxy as being all about these Identity Political 'things'. With conservatives its more a mere tool to maintain conformity. With liberals its is what is to conformed with consciously, ad subconsciously. With conservatives is about how to act. With liberals about how to act, think and feel.

Incorrect. You just gave us a great example of how political correctness is universal and is within the mindset of individuals, not necessarily groups of people.

Honestly, it appears that you are just making crap up.

Just an exceptional eye for spotting willful ignorance, BS, and hypocrisy. And on the case of religion, as with pretty much all the rest, total double standards from the 'SJW' front.

What double standard? There is no war on Christianity. It's a made up drama cause.

But now with the 'SJW's" running around we have "Atheist+" maniacs to swell their ranks.

Again, what does that have to do with liberals and progressives?

I think I've figured out what's going on here.

In your righteous crusade to smash mass binary social groups, you have come to hate specific ideals and those that espouse them. Unfortunately, you are unable to smash the ideals of the individual and had to tie those ideals to a convenient scapegoat. That's where liberals and progressives come in to play. You are projecting all that you believe wrong on to liberals and progressives.

Bad thing is, you have yet still to logically tie it all together. You come up with an example or two of individuals acting a certain way, but cannot tie it to liberals and progressives.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You used a very key word here.

Individual.

You are talking about the mindset and approach of individuals and has nothing to do with a liberal or progressive ideology.

Wow! So at its core liberalism truly is racist. There are no individuals, just persons part of this race or that race. Thanks for that!

Kind of like what the USA hockey coach is doing? He says he is going to bench any player that does not stand for the anthem. Why? Because it is not PC to stand for the anthem. Individuals are trying to use their right to free speech and they are being reigned-in because of PC.

Again, what does that have to do with liberals or progressives?

"Political correctness" general describes proper etiquette in any given situation.

But with liberals their own craft of PC has become the actual mindset itself. Vast difference than other other instance of "PC" I can think of.

Incorrect. You just gave us a great example of how political correctness is universal and is within the mindset of individuals, not necessarily groups of people.

No. I explained how there's the general term of PC, as just described again above, and then how there's whole other animal the Liberal PC.

In general terms it describes manners, procedures. When the judge enters the courtroom all rise, and sit with him. That's not a mindset. It isnt a way of life. Liberal PC is.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What double standard? There is no war on Christianity. It's a made up drama cause.

PC gone mad: NASA accused of censoring Christians 'after BANNING the word Jesus'

Want to talk about Jesus? You'll need a permit for that at NC State
Jesus Christ would be prevented from speaking at Britain’s universities, says Oxford academic
Obama Told These Brave Marines to STOP PRAYING – But They Did THIS Instead! Read more: www.thepoliticalinsider.com...
University Defends Crackdown on Religious Groups
www.charismanews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">School Bans Students From Using Bible Verses in Class Projects
Facebook To Ban Religious Posts, Memes After Criticism From Atheism Groups
The Name Of Jesus Has Become A Dirty Word In Politically Correct America
Good grief! Kentucky school district censors religious lines from ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’
U.S. military ‘hostile’ to Christians under Obama; morale, retention devastated

Do you ever use The Google to check out your own assertions?

Another example of liberals got what they wanted (evolution in all schools), but still not happy the now have to ban the baby Jesus from schools, and more.

But now with the 'SJW's" running around we have "Atheist+" maniacs to swell their ranks.

Again, what does that have to do with liberals and progressives?

Play the videos. Those are liberal PC SJW maniacs crapping up atheism they are talking about.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Wow! So at its core liberalism truly is racist. There are no individuals, just persons part of this race or that race. Thanks for that!

That's not even close to what I said. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

But with liberals their own craft of PC has become the actual mindset itself. Vast difference than other other instance of "PC" I can think of.

Not all liberals have the same mindset. You are projecting, or making crap up.

In general terms it describes manners, procedures. When the judge enters the courtroom all rise, and sit with him. That's not a mindset. It isnt a way of life. Liberal PC is.

How's that? Because you said so? Because a youtube video or obscure blog said so?

You're taking the few cases of idiots run amok to blast an entire political ideology. You're approach is illogical.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You do understand the constitutional concept of separation of church and state, right? Religion or it's symbols do not belong in the halls of government, public schools or government institutions.

Another example of liberals got what they wanted (evolution in all schools), but still not happy the now have to ban the baby Jesus from schools, and more.

Evolution is a valid scientific theory. Religion is not. It's a personal belief.

Those are liberal PC SJW maniacs crapping up atheism they are talking about.

Not sure what that even means.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And so is Freedom of Expression.

All the separation thing is about the keeping the from government running a theocracy. But banning individuals from expression there's no excuse for that short of extremism.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

That's not even close to what I said. How you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

I do a long thing describing racism as being anti-individual, not seeing people as individuals but instead race, yada yada yada. You counter by pointing out that, looking back I dont know what the hell you were talking about now. DO you?

Anyways liberalism promotes collectivism, which thanks to CRT/PS based PC is now all about things like race. It 'always' plays the race card now. It frames essentially everything, even issues of nationality and immigrant around RACE. So yeah, it, which is clearly anti-individual as in my OP (and since), given its obsession with and hyper-sensitivity to RACE, is racist.

Not all liberals have the same mindset. You are projecting, or making crap up.

But collectivist liberals who adhere to the CRT/PS PC doctrine 'all' do seem to end up showing the same outward behaviors and obsessions, even though one might make more of a stink about one issue or another.

How's that? Because you said so? Because a youtube video or obscure blog said so?

You have an argument, or what? You're telling me that rise and sitting when the judge does is a WAY OF LIFE?!?! TO be practiced, obsessed over? To be evangelized?

You're in a cult, dude.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
That was an excellent read! Very informative, still digesting everything I just read.

It's too ironic for an alleged peace movement, turn towards violence so often.
edit on 7-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: grammar

edit on 7-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: content

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join