It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cancels meeting with Philippines' Duterte after insult

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Keep up the good fight Duterte. Drug law's do not work, only option left to combat drugs, is to take out drug dealers with lethal force, make people see it doesn't pay to deal drugs. Who would of thought, an actual war on drugs that works.

Obama has no room to talk when he uses UAV/drone's to bomb women and children. Has our military protecting drug fields in Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Kandinsky

Perhaps things are occurring in steps.

These judges aren't killing the people in broad day light are they? Cause the drug cartels actually do.

I think stopping the people literally killing the populace is priority number one. Once the citizens are safe we can move on from there.

Would it make more sense to let the criminals killing people keep doing so while focusing on trying to root out who's in who's pocket?

Perhaps part of going after the cartels first is to try and get info from these criminals of who's on the take in exchange for leniency. You know, so he doesn't have to arbitrarily kill and imprison police, judges, and politicians not on the take.

There might be reasons things are going in the order they are.

Yup, it's not like this is his first rodeo.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hoo haa,
that is because you put vasaline
on your finger before you stuck it up
your rectum.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I did not really figure the tiff would last very long. The Philippines is a key player with America's pivot to the South China sea.

Obama, Duterte meet despite Filipino leader's crude language

By JIM GOMEZ

VIENTIANE, Laos (AP) — President Barack Obama and Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte met informally on Wednesday in a holding room before attending a gala dinner at a regional summit, Philippine officials said.

The brief meeting took a little sting out of the soured relations caused by Duterte's intemperate language in referring to Obama earlier this week. That had caused Obama to cancel a formal meeting scheduled for Tuesday.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

Cambodia and now Thailand are lining up on China's side with their statements. That might be part of the motivation for the US to go ahead and meet with Duterte.. Laos is already in China's pocket due to the many infrastructure deals they have made with China IMO... As I have said over the years the policy of buying one or two dictators does not seem to work in Asia any longer.

Thailand 'supports' China's efforts to maintain maritime peace

VIENTIANE: -- Thailand said on Wednesday said it "supports China's efforts" to maintain maritime peace amid a regional dispute over the South China Sea.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I am a president of a sovereign state and we have long ceased to be a colony. I don’t have any master except the Filipino people, nobody but nobody. You must be respectful. Do not just throw away questions. Putang ina, I will swear at you in that forum.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

We in western society are used to the term "son of a bitch," but the more accurate translation is "son of a whore."

originally posted by: Puppylove

If I were him I'd insult Obama too.

What goes around, comes around. You will get treated exactly the same way that you treat others.

It is not a matter of whether you personally like or dislike U.S. President Barack Obama, whatever your political preference is -- whether Democrat or Republican. Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is a head of state and for a foreign head of state to use such a derogatory slur against the U.S. President is quite insulting. This is not the way diplomacy works. If you treat others with respect, then you will be treated with respect in return. The aboriginal people of the Philippines do not seem to understand this.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Duterte certainly has some balls.
From what I remember, he even told the EU to # off.

The Philippines is the fastest growing economy in Asia, so he must be doing something right.
Maybe the drug dealers/users are #ting themselves so they are getting proper jobs instead.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: thinline

Which one of the three acted most presidential?

Obama

Bahaha, it's presidential to be the better man, it's childish to turn tail and run away because some one said something your didn't like.

Acting like a child is not presidential, it's the opposite of, and rather than being able to improve relations, he just made them worse by cancelling the being out right.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join