It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINAL FANTASY VIII "Squall is Dead" THEORY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thought I'd get away from the usual conspiracy topics and explore a childhood game, and perhaps one of my all time favorites. (Apart from ff7, that is). This theory however, is a bit depressing, and...creepy. According to this theory, squall died in disk one and the rest of disc 2 3 and 4 were simply squalls life flashing before his eyes. Hence why it was his Final Fantasy.

Sorceress Ultimecia (Lilith Allegory) says some chilling words near the end. Without me revealing much, I invite you to watch this video explaining the details around this theory.

the only thing that can possibly disprove this theory is the end credits. But it could very well be part of squalls imagination.

I dont want squall dead either, but it does not look too good for him.

To those who do not know what Ultimecia represents in this game. She represents the "Whore of Babylon" (Biblical title) who rides the beast (Griever) near the end.

FF8 has a very deep storyline with many mysteries behind them.

But I would like to know your thoughts on this.
Be respectful though, its only a theory, just a topic to explore.
edit on th2016000000Mondayth000000Mon, 05 Sep 2016 23:21:57 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 05 Sep 2016 23:21:57 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Despite being a very good game, I never made it all the way through.

I have heard this theory and it's--well--you could just apply it to any game really. Pick any point where Cloud or Zidane or whoever is in danger and just say they died...and you'll find tons of points to support the claim.

FF games are so loose with their logic anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow, interesting!
And very nostalgic. I loved FF 6, 7 an 8. I played FF11 online for almost 10 years (on and off of course)

Its been so long since I played FF8 to fully remember the story line. But I do remember being confused about those dream sequences with Laguna. wtf was that all about?
I completed the game, but am having a hard time remembering everything.
Now, ask me anything about FF7 and thats where I shine!

Edit:
Came across a website regarding this theory:
squallsdead.com...
edit on 6-9-2016 by Macenroe82 because: Added most awesome info

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sigh. squalls not dead. YEah he had a spike of Ice through him but "majic" Squall saved Rinoa who was possessed by Ultimecia. At the end squall and rinoa are on the Gardens Balcony as it zooms out.

See applying "logic" to a FANTASY GAME is STUPID when You can resurrect a dead person with Magic.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I played FFXI for a loooong time as well. Zella on Pandemonium (till server merge them I forget what server) - figured I'd throw it out there on the off chance I knew a fellow ATSer in "another life."

Just found my PC FF8 discs recently, I may have to start squeezing in some play time and play it through in light of this. The viewpoint could be fun.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

"Time.. It will not wait... No matter... how hard you hold on. It escapes you... And..."
—Ultimecia Ultimecia is the main antagonist in Final Fantasy VIII. A powerful sorceress, her ultimate goal is to compress all time and space to become "a living god."

What we see is just an effect from the death of Ultimecia and represents her power fading away as she dies, she attempts to compress all time & space hence their sudden appearance in what looks like a limbo and then the memories being altered. Upon her death the effects disappear and everything becomes okay again (the flowers and light appearing)

Here's the full ending scene + credits

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Hey there!
I was on Asura from the get go. Bastok Hume : Carignan. Level 99 PLD/WAR, WHM/BLM, BST/BRD, NIN/WAR, WAR/MNK. Cooking: 92, Fishing: 55
I would log on at times and just fish for hours. Or Slang Yag. Juice and pies in Jeuno. I would often help newbies just starting out, by power leveling them with my WHM at Valkrum Dunes.
Soooo many hours in that game. I remember checking my time spent and I was at like 300 and something days.
Thats sickening when you think that, that is almost full year of being logged into that game...
I miss FF11

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

There is a difference between death and "KO" status in FF games. Magic and Phoenix downs etc. cure KO status. Death is final! Because it's part of the story...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Sigh. squalls not dead. YEah he had a spike of Ice through him but "majic" Squall saved Rinoa who was possessed by Ultimecia. At the end squall and rinoa are on the Gardens Balcony as it zooms out.

See applying "logic" to a FANTASY GAME is STUPID when You can resurrect a dead person with Magic.

Dont forget about the Phoenix Downs! But yes I actually debunked this theory a couple years back for one reason:

That is in no way a fatal wound.

However the faceless squall creeped me out.

a reply to: Discotech

"Time.. It will not wait... No matter... how hard you hold on. It escapes you... And..."

This one stupid freaking quote stuck with me for so many freaking years. I always wondered what the hell she was trying to say during those final moments.

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

There is a difference between death and "KO" status in FF games. Magic and Phoenix downs etc. cure KO status. Death is final! Because it's part of the story...

You beat me to it lol.

a reply to: Macenroe82

Now, ask me anything about FF7 and thats where I shine!

Did you beat ruby and emerald weapon with max stats? cause... I did..
though... "Knights of the round, Mime Mime mime..."

In FF 8 I passed disc 1 having acquired Lion Heart. Its possible in lagunas dreamworld.

Man I have nostalgia now. I haven't played a console game in awhile, but I am looking forward to the FF7 remake. Doubt it will beat the original though.

Yea squall is not dead (unless he bleeded out which..is kinda stupid considering...curaga...

but then ...rinoa was held captive, and seifer and edea remained conscious.

ok... i think Ill stick with yuppa and stop applying logic to a game lol

Damnit lol maybe squall is dead....

edit on th2016000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 06 Sep 2016 16:56:19 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 06 Sep 2016 16:56:19 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why make it so difficult to destroy Ruby?

Just keep tossing the item "dazers" at it and hack away. It will be paralyzed the whole battle.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Why make it so difficult to destroy Ruby?

Just keep tossing the item "dazers" at it and hack away. It will be paralyzed the whole battle.

... you know... this reminds me of the time I maxed all stats in ff8, prepared hard core for the battle. I ate many malboros to max the stats...to beat omega weapon.

until a friend told me to cast "the end" from selfphie.

I tossed the controller after that and havent played the game ever since lol.
edit on th2016000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 06 Sep 2016 17:12:22 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 06 Sep 2016 17:12:22 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
double post
edit on th2016000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 06 Sep 2016 17:11:49 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 06 Sep 2016 17:11:49 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I did many controller tosses for FF8. Probably why I never finished it.

However I have done 100%-ers with 7 and 9 many times. The ONLY thing I was never able to do was get 'jump rope king' on FF9.

Screw that! There's not enough controllers in the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I did many controller tosses for FF8. Probably why I never finished it.

However I have done 100%-ers with 7 and 9 many times. The ONLY thing I was never able to do was get 'jump rope king' on FF9.

Screw that! There's not enough controllers in the world.

ff9 was okish, use dto play with a group of friends competing with one another to see who was best, so we would share our memory cards to see what we had done. Fun times.

I kinda got used to squall and Cloud, so zidane was kinda... weird. But he grew on me.

But ff9 was the last game that had the "world" element of the series. After that everything from 10 + just seemed...straightforward. So kudos to ff7 8 and 9 for keeping the elements.

I did beat ozma though. and enjoyed the treasure hunting side quests.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I admire 9's return to the roots style. It's probably what makes it my favorite of the series. Zidane is a simple guy out on an adventure. He isn't an overly dramatic tragic character like Cloud or Squall.

(I stopped playing after 10...came back for 13 and gagged.)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Rikku has nothing to say about Final Fantasy?

new topics

top topics

join