It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast way to reduce speeding? Topless women at pedestrian crossings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Now here is an original idea to get people to slow down at accident prone intersections .. If my wife ever leaves me and I decide to move to a new country..... Russia has just moved up a few notches for a destination ! Yep it is the tabloid Mirror, however, I doubt they paid the girls to parade around topless... which reminds me... If the sight of bare topped women bother you do not click on the article..

Topless women have been sent onto the streets in a bid to force speeding drivers to slow down.

The bizarre idea has been launched by a road safety campaign in Russia - which claims it is the best way to reduce speeding.

The half-naked women - dressed in thigh-high boots and pants - have been parading around an accident blackspot carrying speed limit signs.

And it seems to be working as traffic approaching the pedestrian crossing in Severny village, on Russia's Novaya Zemlya island, has significantly slowed down since.

And surprisingly there were no reports of accidents caused by drivers being distracted.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I could see this being a cause for accidents...Russian women are beautiful.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Lol, Lol, lol.....OK !........

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
OK but is the speed 40 or 60? Seems like they would at least be holding the same speed limit sign. LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Anna Nicole Smith and her advertising campaign for H&M during the 90s were removed cause of unrelated car accidents, the common element was posters of her almost naked..

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hahaha happens probably more than people think however... The girl in your video was not holding a speed limit sign !

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Almost makes me want to take a trip to Russia to check out how it works for myself.

Seems to me that traffic in that area probably increased three hundred percent.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

If you have topless women hold up speed limit signs of 60 and 40, I bet people will do 40.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I could see this being a cause for accidents...Russian women are beautiful.

Well they are either beautiful or giant hairy man beasts whose very sight burns your eyes.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well they are either beautiful or giant hairy man beasts whose very sight burns your eyes.

Maybe they could put a pic of Olga and her plough on the fast lane side of the highway to help motivate all those idiots who drive 20mph in the passing lane with their blinker on.

edit on 6-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude once thought he had beer but it turned out to be Natty Ice.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I would like to see the top less women in Asheville, North Carolina arrested for distracting drivers at intersections. My husband had a business trip there three weeks ago. We got off the highway into down town. A topless woman was walking round the corner and sitting there for some protest. The road was six lanes each direction. My husband was driving my car. when the light turned green and he was turning left he was craning his neck to look, almost hitting the other lanes car also turning left. We world have been rear ended too. I told him to stop looking and that had no effect so I had to start smacking him hard in the arm like some farm animal not paying attention. I was so mad. At least my car was not damaged due to my quick reaction. The woman should be arrested for causing a civil disturbance. Men are easily distracted by a topless woman, to the point of stupidity.
edit on 6-9-2016 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
I would like to see the top less women in Asheville, North Carolina arrested for distracting drivers at intersections.

I absolutely agree, Where exactly was this intersection at?

PIcs or it didn’t happen.Note re-enactment will suffice.

edit on 44930America/ChicagoTue, 06 Sep 2016 08:44:36 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The former would have me stop. The latter would have me speed.

top topics

join