It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Answer to Michael Moore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Check this out:

Conservative Documentary Writer

Let's see how liberals deal with somebody giving them a dose of their own medicine.

My guess is that the response will be in the form of hysterical name calling - typical.

Let the screaming and name-calling begin!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No responses yet from the liberals on this one either. Guess they're still taking Friday off.

Probably still suffering from PISS, ................. that's Post-Inauguration Stress Syndrome

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'd like to see the Michael Moore liberals take a dose of their own medicine.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well, i am about as liberal as they come. I would be more than happy to see what this movie is all about.... that is as long as he can validate the points of his movie as Moore did in his, by showing proof of every point made in the movie, and links of reference.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
Well, i am about as liberal as they come. I would be more than happy to see what this movie is all about.... that is as long as he can validate the points of his movie as Moore did in his, by showing proof of every point made in the movie, and links of reference.

And Fahren-Hype 911 undid all off Moore's so-called "proofs". Exposed the whole movie as worthless liberal propaganda aimed at influencing the election with it's timing.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Let's see how liberals deal with somebody giving them a dose of their own medicine.

So is this "Conservative answer to Michael Moore" going to deliver over-dramatised BS sprinkled with quick cuts? Or a factual documentation of events?

I think you kicked yourself in the arse with that particular sentence construction. All the same, I'd be interested to read your reply.

My guess is that the response will be in the form of hysterical name calling - typical.

I think you want that, which is why you posted this thread. But anyway, here have a few points on me. I enjoy reading a good gut kick from either side here at ATS (really I do), but I'm afraid in this instance you have failed considerably.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It was really quite simple, cargo.

[edit on 1/21/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ah no I don’t call people names, and there is nothing to scream about, I see it as a none issue. If it does actually make it at some point I will be sure to see it, but screaming and yelling not very likely.

I really don’t see your point here, as Mr. Maloney describes himself as a “Libertarian conservative". His new movie from what I have read is a sardonic attack on political correctness in higher education, What has it to do with as you put it.
liberals deal with somebody giving them a dose of their own medicine.

as I said I doubt it.

from your link

"Brainwashing 101"

As the title suggests, the 46-minute film, which Mr. Maloney is racing to expand into a full-length documentary by fall, is his attempt to confirm the worst assumptions that conservatives have about what goes on at universities.
His film is about the spread of noxious speech codes, abuses of power by vindictive administrators, and the arbitrary restrictions on academic freedom imposed on conservative students - cases of which, the film argues, are increasingly cropping up in universities. The film begins with images of Columbia University, a university embroiled in a controversy concerning students who say professors violated their academic freedom

People attending October's Liberty Festival in Los Angeles apparently gave a preview version of it a standing ovation - though not of the duration of Michael Moore's 20 minutes at Cannes
After staking out the director for four days with a fancy new Panasonic digital video recorder, Mr. Maloney confronted Mr. Moore on a sidewalk on the Upper West Side, with the intention of provoking a flustered reaction from him. Mr. Maloney wanted to needle him with pointed questions about liberal bias in Hollywood and then post the footage on his Web log, Brain-terminal.com.
Mr. Moore, as it turned out, was game for the interview. He calmly told Mr. Maloney that documentary filmmaking "should be open to all people of all political persuasions.”
"It should not just be people who are liberal, or left-of-center, or whatever," the Oscar-winner said. "Make your movies, and then the people will respond or not respond to them."

[edit on 21/1/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Funny you should say this, they will deal with this just as you have with Moore, through the same tactics you used in reference to moore. Funny both sides suffer from Hypocrisy to the extreme and accuse the other side of the very same thing. To tell you the truth I think both sides are whiney brats who hate it when someone takes the piss out of their prized political pets.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
First off, I'm not a liberal, and I'm not a conservative.
If you need to know, I voted for Badnarik in the last election.
Socially I'm very conservative but I believe in a more liberal stance on most things, as I don't believe forcing people to do what we think is right can be justified.

That being said, I don't like Moores films for 1 major reason.
All he does is work to build up hate and distrust, but stops short of mobilizing people to actually do something about it.
He basically stands up in front of the audience and says "THESE are the men to be feared, because they are the ones responsible for your suffering"
Now, if I didn't respond to it when George Bush tried to pull it on me, I'm certainly not gonna respond to it when Moore tries.

Now, for this other "Conservative" film-maker.
What the hell is wrong with this guy?(yes, I did read the ENTIRE piece)
He makes it absolutely, and positively clear in the beginning of the article that his entire purpose in making these is to be a propoganda tool for a political party.(not that Moore isn't, in a way. Moore is just more self-serving and less administration-serving)
Just look at his goal when he starts this movie.
Essentially he is saying that he wants to find and tape any liberal demonstration he can that will make that side seem nutty, and/or evil.

WTF?????
Yes, I can see it now, soon there will be a documentary on doctors that finds the worst of the bunch and tries to show them as the norm.
DOWN WITH DOCTORS!!!
Its just freaking silly.
If I wanted to make a documentary about total lunatics in ANY political party I would 1000x times easier to do with conservatives.
Jesus, just look at Whack-jobs like Ann Coulter.
Some of these retards proudly proclaim their belief that we should start dropping nukes on the middle east....

To get down to my point, this whole thing is so silly.
No, I don't mean conservatives are silly, I mean these divisive propagandists.
Noticing, exposing, and expounding out differences wont do a lick of good.
In the end what we really need is cinematography that emphasizes our similarities and allows us to get on with our lives as americans, not republicans and democrats.
Lets face it, in the end you dont believe every single thing down the party line.
Nothing is black and white, but intead in shades of grey which should be appreciated instead of categorized.

Well, that wraps up all I can think to say.
None of this was meant as a flame, it was merely to express my beliefs.
Hopefully some people understand what I'm trying to get at....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No responses yet from the liberals on this one either. Guess they're still taking Friday off.

Who are you again? Sorry, it's friday, and that means free abortion day in the middle schools. It gets busy later in the day. You know all us worthless liberals, conservatives have us on the run now...so it's getting harder to covet our neighbors wives and turn boy scouts pink.

Seriously, maybe "whoever this guy is" needs to actually finish making a movie before people start hyping it. And, while I can appreciate his two standing ovations at conservative backrub festivals, he seems more than destined for a career inside the great right wing media machine of ever lasting torment and death -- with such provacateurs of sensible arguements and good taste as Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly.

At least when he stops working the 9 to 5 at Starbucks.

All that being said, I can just imagine you just sitting around your home, apartment, or cave dwelling, eagerly waiting for some nonsensical liberal, with their idealistic notions about fair play and tolerance tomfoolery, to walk blindly into your hidden spider web like trap of clever logic.

If today were actually opposite day.

And you were actually clever instead of dull, or at least something other than just plain lonely. You're insecure and the more paranoid brands of conservative ideology probably speak to you because of it. Which is great, I say more power to you. But, that doesn't make you any less dull or paranoid, so you should get used to people mocking you with big words.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go join Michael Moore now as we sacrifice a christian baby to our Great Golden Calf statue of Feminism.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Then...

Probably still suffering from PISS, ................. that's Post-Inauguration Stress Syndrome

Troll

1) One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument. 2) One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue. ETC.)

Aside from the fact you had to bump your own bait and laugh at your own bad jokes
was there something you wanted to discuss as relates to Politcal Conspiracies?

Posting a link and an insult, followed by another insult is not what I'd call either conducive to adult discussion or effective posting.

It's not even good trolling. How lame is that?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's not even good trolling. How lame is that?

Apparantly it's, "really quite simple".

Rather than provoke the Liberals into a frenzy, you've just gone and got yourself a troll label. There is a forum called "Political Figures" over on the Politics forum, you know. It's really quite simple.

top topics

join