It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters including children mauled by attack dogs let loose by private merc's

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I actually stand on the side of the Native American's, but I am not going to do it in a dishonest way. 

Thank you; that's exactly what I was thinking. If they wanted to protest peacefully I'd be behind them. If their law enforcement was refusing to do its job, I'd even support them using the force needed to protect their laws. Pretending to be victimized in peaceful protest, while they're bullying the workers, is just disgraceful.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

The white women breaking down the fence were Native American? You do need glasses...And it's called a shield tactic. Use women and children to shield yourself. It's the lowest of the low. There were no strong women there, only cheap tactics.

Also, it's laughable that you say I don't know Native Americans. Perhaps you should look through my post history.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It was filed Friday because there is no substantiated proof there were any burial grounds there. The paperwork was all for show. Never before was that claim made. The only claim up to the paper work being filed was that it would hurt the quality of the water. Get with it bro, you are behind.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Never before was a claim made about burial grounds. It was a last ditch chance to get people in to halt the construction and vet the claim. Someone came up with the harebrained scheme. It's like something you would see in a comedy TV show.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: poncho1982

This is the exact opposite of the Bundy situation. I'm sorry, I"m native american also, but I can't stand with them on this. If they want to peacefully protest, then that's what they need to do. They illegally trespassed and got less than what they deserved.

Jaden

You're Native American? lol. Because of a long lost bloodline? Your parents told you about their great-grandparents and their descendency, so now you're a Native? That doesn't make you Native American if you can't understand their concern for their ancestors burial grounds over who owns the land and an oil company seeking to make billions.

I get what you're saying, and I agree with the sentiment.

However, you need to know that to the Native American Community, you are kin even if you have barely any native in your genes.

I'm nearly 1/4 Cherokee, and was accepted with open arms, and I fully embrace my Native side. So did the Cherokee Nation.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

This is the exact opposite of the Bundy situation. I'm sorry, I"m native american also, but I can't stand with them on this. If they want to peacefully protest, then that's what they need to do. They illegally trespassed and got less than what they deserved.

Jaden

They are protecting their ancestor's graves. This is vitally important to them. If you do not understand what they are defending, then I suggest you dig a little deeper into your Native background. because you clearly do not understand the cultural significance of what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

I actually stand on the side of the Native American's, but I am not going to do it in a dishonest way. 

Thank you; that's exactly what I was thinking. If they wanted to protest peacefully I'd be behind them. If their law enforcement was refusing to do its job, I'd even support them using the force needed to protect their laws. Pretending to be victimized in peaceful protest, while they're bullying the workers, is just disgraceful.

Sorry, but there was no "bullying" of workers.

They came on a weekend (that they normally did not work) with the express purpose of destroying any evidence of a burial site. They knew the paperwork was filed on Friday, and they tried to get through that plot of land before the Judge looked it over. The old "easier to ask for forgiveness" routine.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Then why was no mention of burial sites made before Friday?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It was initially intended to cross the river north of Bismark, ND and was reouted recently to land that was taken from the tribe in "treaties" in the past. The US Government stole a lot of Native land, this is a known fact.

The tribe sued the Army Corps of Engineers in July, and they told them then it was ancestral burial land.

Their attorney said at that time, "This pipeline is going through huge swaths of ancestral land. It would be like constructing a pipeline through Arlington Cemetery or under St. Patrick’s Cathedral.”

So, it was known.
edit on 7-9-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Ancestral land does not mean burial grounds. You are confused by the intentionally misleading verbiage.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

And you do not understand plain English.

Arlington CEMETERY
UNDER St. Patrick's Cathedral (there are tombs there)

He didn't say "Through the Lincoln Memorial" he used very specific references and the Tribe knew it was burial land.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

And you don't understand that he was using language to mislead you. He was implying that there *could* be even though there has never been evidence of such. Even their paperwork does not provide evidence which is why they submitted it on a Friday. That way the media can think they are working a righteous cause (P.S. They were anyway) but nobody is at work to vet their claims.

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting this and that you've been duped by a clever lawyer.
edit on 7-9-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Jaden

You're Native American? lol. Because of a long lost bloodline? Your parents told you about their great-grandparents and their descendency, so now you're a Native? That doesn't make you Native American if you can't understand their concern for their ancestors burial grounds over who owns the land and an oil company seeking to make billions.

I get what you're saying, and I agree with the sentiment.

However, you need to know that to the Native American Community, you are kin even if you have barely any native in your genes.

I'm nearly 1/4 Cherokee, and was accepted with open arms, and I fully embrace my Native side. So did the Cherokee Nation.

I agree with you totally and even though there are many in our culture who do deny people like this, I'm not one of them. I do welcome people with open arms and I'm also in favor of doing away with blood quantum, but for him to make statements like he did and then claim to be Native American doesn't sit well with me.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You obviously don't agree with that as you attempted disparage one of our own to attempt to discredit his opinion. It makes me doubt your claims of heritage.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Again, the Tribe knew.

There was no proof, because they left it undisturbed. As it should be.

Oral history. Native culture is steeped in it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You obviously don't agree with that as you attempted disparage one of our own to attempt to discredit his opinion. It makes me doubt your claims of heritage.

lmao. I hide behind nothing. My true identity can be found very easily by looking into my profile. I authored a book and promoted here. I also authored the article about Standing Rock in the thread i started for a news website. Many people know who I am in Indian Country. I published and edited the Ojibwe Times weekly newspaper covering all the Wisconsin tribes for 17 years. I hide behind nothing. What about you?

edit on 7-9-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You edited a newspaper and can't even do basic research? I'm embarrassed for you. Was it mostly cooking recipes?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

There was no proof because it's not true. The original argument was that it would effect the quality of water on their land and "water is sacred". The narrative of "burial grounds" didn't pop up until recently and only showed up in court documents for the first time on Friday at close of court so nobody could vet the paperwork.

Don't you see how you were duped? If there were burial grounds the lawyer would have included them in the original lawsuit.

Rez has still have not provided the time stamp for a woman being thrown to the ground. You also have refused to comment on the parts of the video where the dogs are being attacked or where a handler is sucker punched. You also have not addressed the lady who was faking having been maced at 5:15.

Please, don't post anymore unsubstantiated BS until you address the above. Nobody will side with liars, even if their cause is good.
edit on 7-9-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You edited a newspaper and can't even do basic research? I'm embarrassed for you. Was it mostly cooking recipes?

Beyond the obvious video evidence, I actually have friends out there who are providing daily updates of what is really happening there. It is you desperately attempting to derail the truth. Millions of people have now seen the videos and know themselves of what is really happening despite your pathetic attempt at defending the oil companies, and you claim to be Native, how pathetic... oh wait.. maybe your a Native who is benefiting from the oil boom in North Dakota. Could that be?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I actually have friends out there who are providing daily updates of what is really happening there.

Well if your friends say it then it must be true but if someone says something that backs up the companies story its bs then, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join