It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilling radio call.. real or hoax..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In 2006 a call to an Australian radio show, the caller Bongo recounts a tale from 1978 in the Pilliga region of Australia (a bit of a paranormal hotspot) in which he claims he was abducted by a Yowie (Australian Bigfoot)
The call has a chilling tone and the caller does come across as hysterical and actually believable at some points during the conversation.

I had looked into a bit and there are claims out there it is a hoax because the Happy Days Sanctuary has not been found to exist.. But the reason I am posting is because of the tone of the call and the obvious fear and anguish in Bongos voice.
If it is a Hoax, I must say the caller is a bloody good actor..

Anyway, thought it was interesting so am just putting it out there for discussion and opinions of my ATS brothers and sisters.. and as always please dont shoot the messenger,this is not what this thread is about..
mods if it is a hoax, you know what do do..

edit on 5/9/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Looks like he moved to Nebraska and opened up a Restaurant. www.yowieslodge.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon
Wow, his reactions to the question "How did it look like" sent shivers down my spine. Have I heard right? It pryed open the car door at the hinges? What happened to his car out there, did he retrieve it? It was a bit hard to understand, with the quality and australian accent.

Tell play that to youngsters at a bonfire, they´ll freak out.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure
Looks like he moved to Nebraska and opened up a Restaurant. www.yowieslodge.com...

Not sure how you know this is his restaurant? Cant find any mention of him on the website.. Is it because it is called Yowies?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yowies? Is that the sound they make walking barefoot in the outback? What an ad gimmick for opening a restaurant.

How big foot migrated around the world is good fodder, too. Do they have a drink called a yowie at the bar?

Sorry, too amusing to pass up.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yeah, weak joke I suppose.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Wow, his reactions to the question "How did it look like" sent shivers down my spine. Have I heard right? It pryed open the car door at the hinges? What happened to his car out there, did he retrieve it? It was a bit hard to understand, with the quality and australian accent.

Tell play that to youngsters at a bonfire, they´ll freak out.

Not sure about the car.. But he claims he was sent to some sort of care home after this event.. The voice and his tone sounds completely genuine to me..
But as always you never quite know with these things.. so many hoaxes out there its difficult to distinguish between the genuine ones.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure

Yeah, weak joke I suppose.

Oh.. ok.. I did think so, but wasnt sure..

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I don't think it's a hoax, he seems to genuinely believe it imo, doesn't mean it happened though, he might just be off his rocker.

One story that I heard from a friends Uncle many years ago (way before internet) and has since, I heard internet stories on Yowies or bigfoot has made me consider they could exist in Aus.

He told as he was camping in the Brindabella Forrest (near Canberra) when he and his mate were scared shirtless through the night as they could hear deep grunts and large rocks were thrown/tossed around their camp. Now remember this was before internet, and he never mentioned a yowie or bigfoot. This story sprang back to my thoughts years later when I read about bigfoot was sometimes known to throw rocks.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

He really believes what he's saying, but he also lost his mind right?
Of course that could have been triggered by such a crazy experience

he could be just saying his pet name for the place..

I'm going with crazy person who really saw what he's saying he did, but I'm not sure if that means it really happened or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There are also other strange stories from the region including this one.. The Pilliga Princess..

a bag-lady who lived in the Pilliga Scrub. She was often seen with her old battered shopping trolley loaded with her belongings along the road, and truckers would see her at night walking in complete darkness. She was a recluse, old, grey haired and crazy, and they dubbed her the Pilliga Princess. For many years, she was a familiar sight to regular travellers, particularly truck drivers along that stretch of road. Because the Pilliga Scrub had (and still has) unexplained stories of terror associated with it, the locals will tell you you’d have to be completely crazy to be in the scrub after dark. Anyone passing through for the first time saw the Princess as an almost terrifying ghostly figure, even if they hadn’t heard the scary stories beforehand.

One night in 1993 the Pilliga Princess was hit and killed by a truck. The trucker who hit her said she had been wandering across the road and he hadn’t seen her until it was too late. He told how as she was lit by the headlights, she turned to look directly at him and ran toward him, arms outstretched. The last thing he saw of her alive was the white hair flaring out around her wild-eyed face and the expression was one of manic glee. Since then other truckers swear they have seen her walking her trolley at night, just as she had done for years before she was killed. One truck driver even claimed to have hit her trolley, but with no Princess in sight.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com... -tape-of-an-interesting-encounter/

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The part that creeped me out is when he mentioned the collection of bony legs hanging up like the creature had a fetish for them. Just the thought of some huge bush monster cutting off peoples legs and collecting them is creepy enough and such an odd detail to imagine or make up. I've read some more on this and from what I've found I would say this guy really believes he saw what he saw whether or not it really happened...???

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
The part that creeped me out is when he mentioned the collection of bony legs hanging up like the creature had a fetish for them. Just the thought of some huge bush monster cutting off peoples legs and collecting them is creepy enough and such an odd detail to imagine or make up. I've read some more on this and from what I've found I would say this guy really believes he saw what he saw whether or not it really happened...???

Also to imagine you were dragged off is also doesn't make sense.. To imagine you saw a creature.. Yes.. But dragged away and as you say seeing those legs..

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
How big foot migrated around the world is good fodder

Actually it makes perfect sense when you look at all of the common sighting locations. They seem to have originated somewhere in Asia, migrating across Sundaland into Australia, as well as up into Siberia and across the Bering Land Bridge into North America. Unless I'm wrong, these migrations could have been going on as little as 12,000 years ago. Their migrations aren't any stranger than Native Americans being in North America or Australian Aborigines being in Australia.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I think I actually remember a Yowie (Australian Bigfoot) report where someone said they collect bones as trophies or decorations or something.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm going with ... campfire story.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

huge bush monster cutting off peoples legs

It's got to be worse than that.
What's the chances that Bigfoot is carrying a knife or hack saw? Those legs must have been ripped off!!

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I'm going with ... campfire story.

But the call is genuine, it was on an Australian radio show whilst they had a segment and 2 reporters in the bush.. I may be wrong but believe it was abc.
The story could well be made up but the guy does sound genuine.
Did you listen to the call?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

I think I actually remember a Yowie (Australian Bigfoot) report where someone said they collect bones as trophies or decorations or something.

I thought maybe it was making tools out of them, a nice size femur would make a nice club or axe handle. Could even be sharpened down to blades. I would think a forest dwelling primate of mythical proportions would have at least cave man level intelligence maybe even higher considering that to this day they have evaded live capture or even leaving a corpse. Maybe that is why he wasn't good enough for the creature, maybe he has short stumpy legs lol. Anyway where there is smoke there is fire as they say.

edit on 5-9-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: trollz

huge bush monster cutting off peoples legs

It's got to be worse than that.
What's the chances that Bigfoot is carrying a knife or hack saw? Those legs must have been ripped off!!

How about even worse, chewed off?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join