It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why are feminists voting for Hillary ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

"Look at her face, ugh, do you really want that to be POTUS" - Donald J Trump

Feminists unite, TRUMP 2016. Lulz.

Correct.
Why would they choose a more intelligent choice like Jill Stein?

Jill Stein?

An admirable vote, but personally, is she even ready for such a big job?

She'd be better off in congress.

And a woman that is too stupid to enter a password to access her email is ready to be our President?
Ok.

And the guy who is stupid enough to ask why we don't use nukes is ready to be your President?

We could do this all day.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

As Madeline Albright said, "there's a special place in hell for women who don't help each other".

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Correct.

Jill Stein?

And a woman that is too stupid to enter a password to access her email is ready to be our President?
Ok.

And the guy who is stupid enough to ask why we don't use nukes is ready to be your President?

Proof that you're swayed by headlines and propaganda. I heard trump say he would be the last to use nukes, and that nuclear proliferation is a big problem. They are recorded in the debates. You have not heard Trump say any such thing as you claim he did, and are simply parroting what you've been taught to.

edit on 5-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
For the same reason racists vote for Trump... birds of a feather, flock together.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why would feminists vote for the guy who hired Roger Ailes to handle his campaign? Not to mention Trumps track record on misogyny. The whole Republican Platform is is antithetical to feminism and woman's rights.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Trump is ON THE RECORD as saying that he thinks South Korea, Saudi Arabia and Japan should have nukes.

Trump is ON THE RECORD when asked directly if he would consider using nuclear weapons and his response was "nothing is off the table."

The comment that Trump has asked his national security adviser why the US doesn't use nukes was reported by Joe Scarborough of "Morning Joe" from an unnamed source.

Knowing how Trump overreacts and the irrationality of his "thought" these days, few folks have any doubt that he did ask such an ignorant question, or that he would use nukes (a decision which belongs ENTIRELY to the President of the United States ... not Congress, not the Army/Navy etc.) if some power happened to piss him off.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Correct.

Jill Stein?

Ok.

Proof that you're swayed by headlines and propaganda. I heard trump say he would be the last to use nukes, and that nuclear proliferation is a big problem. They are recorded in the debates. You have not heard Trump say any such thing as you claim he did, and are simply parroting what you've been taught to.

No it's not proof of any such thing.

I just happen to find the report believable.

You don't because you hold a torch for the authoritarian "strongman".

If Trump had said it in debate you'd be the first to try and spin it into "what he actually meant".
So its irrelevent.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This thread is about feminists and Hilary Clinton, not Trump and nukes.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The women in my family all consider themselves feminists. NONE of them are voting for Hillary Clinton...and most of them support Trump...even after they have all (but one) voted Obama the last two Presidential elections.

I think you'll find that many feminists consider Hillary too corrupt to support.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Why are you talking about Trump and nukes then?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I've never heard you reprimand the "But Hillary..." crowd like you just tried to do to Gryphon.

I look forward to seeing that.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Trump has built a decades long reputation for treating women like dirt.

Clinton has built a decades long reputation working for women's' issues.

Gee, that might have something to do with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Correct.

Jill Stein?

Ok.

If Trump had said it in debate you'd be the first to try and spin it into "what he actually meant".
So its irrelevent.

If it was recorded, you could hear it from his own mouth and in context, instead of using quote-mining and hearsay, which seems to be your modus operandi.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I was responding to someone. Were you?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I've never heard you reprimand the "But Hillary..." crowd like you just tried to do to Gryphon.

I look forward to seeing that.

Reprimand? This is an Internet forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Correct.

Jill Stein?

Ok.

So its irrelevent.

If it was recorded, you could hear it from his own mouth and in context, instead of using quote-mining and hearsay, which seems to be your modus operandi.

That's a baseless accusation if ever I heard one.

Tell me more.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The report that Trump had asked an advisor why we can't use nukes was reported by Joe Scarborough from a source.

Whether true or not, it's completely believable for those who aren't Trump sycophants.

However, what does your response have to do with feminists and Hillary?

I mean, folks may think you're starting to look a bit like a hypocrite here if you want to correct others to stay on topic while you're repeatedly going OFF topic.

Trump's misogyny has been on public display for 3 decades. It's part of his public personna.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes.

Reprimand;

A formal expression of disapproval

This is an Internet forum.

One which you just tried to moderate unofficially.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Actually I was sarcastically poking fun at your at general response, as if it was to the OP and not to me. I could care less if people remain on topic or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It would help if you didn't have lies in your post. That would be a start. Your first meme is full of BS.

Snopes rates this particular meme "MOSTLY FALSE"

WHAT'S TRUE:
In 1975, young lawyer Hillary Rodham was appointed to represent a defendant charged with raping a 12-year-old girl. Clinton reluctantly took on the case, which ended with a plea bargain for the defendant, and later chuckled about some aspects of the case when discussing it years later.

WHAT'S FALSE:
Hillary Clinton did not volunteer to be the defendant's lawyer, she did not laugh about the case's outcome, she did not assert that the complainant "made up the rape story," she did not claim she knew the defendant to be guilty, and she did not "free" the defendant.

Snopes: Meme

Q: Did Hillary Clinton volunteer in 1975 to defend a rapist, who was found not guilty, and laugh about it in an interview in 1980?

A: Clinton defended an accused rapist, but she did not volunteer. He pleaded guilty to a lesser offense. She laughed when recalling unusual aspects of the case.
LINK - Fact Check

[Prosecuting attorney Mahlon Gibson] Gibson said that it is “ridiculous” for people to question how Clinton became Taylor’s representation.

“She got appointed to represent this guy,” he told CNN when asked about the controversy.

According to Gibson, Maupin Cummings, the judge in the case, kept a list of attorneys who would represent poor clients. Clinton was on that list and helped run a legal aid clinic at the time.

Taylor was assigned a public defender in the case but Gibson said he quickly “started screaming for a woman attorney” to represent him.

Gibson said Clinton called him shortly after the judge assigned her to the case and said, “I don't want to represent this guy. I just can't stand this. I don't want to get involved. Can you get me off?”

“I told her, ‘Well contact the judge and see what he says about it,’ but I also said don't jump on him and make him mad,” Gibson said. “She contacted the judge and the judge didn't remove her and she stayed on the case.”

So NO she didn't "volunteer' to defend a rapist!!!

Then there is the whole "she made stuff up" part of the meme.... Let's look at that, shall we?

Documents from the 1975 case include an affidavit (p. 34) sworn by Clinton, from which the "in court, Hillary told the judge that I made up the rape story" portion of the claims was derived.

That affidavit doesn't show, as claimed, that Hillary Clinton asserted the defendant "made up the rape story because [she] enjoyed fantasizing about men"; rather, it shows that other people, including an expert in child psychology, had said that the complainant was "emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and to engage in fantasizing about persons, claiming they had attacked her body," and that "children in early adolescence tend to exaggerate or romanticize sexual experiences." Clinton therefore asked the court to have the complainant undergo a psychiatric exam (at the defense's expense) to determine the validity of that information.

As for the claim that Hillary Clinton "knew the defendant was guilty," she couldn't possibly have known that unless she were present when the incident in question occurred. It's also largely irrelevant given that under Hillary Clinton's handling of the case, the defendant pled guilty rather than going to trial and asserting his innocence.

So, NO, she didn't "make stuff up" about the defendant fantasizing about older men. The phrasing of this shows that the expert in child psychology (and whomever else the "other people" were) gave testimony about the girl's past behavior, which was very relevant to the accusation of rape against an older man.

So the man plead guilty to a lesser charge than rape. From the looks of it, another person may have been the one responsible, but Taylor was guilty of setting conditions where it could happen.

The case itself involved THREE males (Taylor, the accused, his 20 year old cousin and a 15 year old boy). She went with the three of them and was given alcohol with coke, taken to a bowling alley where they all played for awhile, then driven to a ravine where Taylor and his Cousin went for a walk. That was when the 15 year old boy reportedly committed the actual assault. She then turned up later at the Emergency Room with injuries consistent with rape.

Taylor and the older man went off for a walk, leaving the 12-year-old and the teenager alone in the cab. In a statement to police, the 15-year-old said he removed his pants and admitted to having sex, revealing the encounter only after being pressed by investigators.

Moments later, he said he left and Taylor approached the truck, climbing on top of the girl. The girl let out a scream, according to the police report, and he claims to have seen Taylor hitching up his pants.

The victim, the boy reported, turned to both of them and yelled, “You all planned this, didn’t you?”

So...was Taylor really guilty of rape? He was a horribly irresponsible man who cleared a path for this girl to be raped, and put a 15 year old boy in a position to do the raping, while possibly the two older men planned it. Horrible stuff, very tragic and sad. I don't know if the 15 year old was ever brought up on charges. So the "rape" was by proxy - he was the responsible adult, he'd given her alcohol, and he'd set conditions that put the girl in obvious jeopardy, knowing full well that the boy might do what he did. AND HE MAY ALSO HAVE RAPED HER (- ETA)

Why did he accept this lesser charge rather than take it to trial to prove his innocence of the actual rape?

Additionally, according to Newsday it was the complainant and her mother who pushed the state to make a quick plea deal rather than have the former go through the ordeal of a court trial, with the mother actively interfering in the investigation to bring about that result:

The victim says it was her mother, who had recently been abandoned by her husband, who pushed for a quick plea deal to avoid the humiliation of having her daughter testify in open court. The mother, who died several years ago, was so eager to end the ordeal she coached her daughter’s statements and interrupted interviews with police, Sgt. Dale Gibson [the department’s lead investigator] recalls.

“We both wanted it to be over with,” the victim told Newsday. “They kept asking me the same questions over and over. I was crying all the time.”

The laughing thing wasn't really a thing either. Go read.

edit on 5-9-2016 by AboveBoard because: weird quote mishap

edit on 5-9-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2016 by AboveBoard because: Oversight = ETA in text

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join