It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are a few ingredients I love to to cook with...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't know ... that would likely make your kitchen smell worse than tripe.

I still think vaporized in lava is the method of choice for politicians.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I still think vaporized in lava is the method of choice for politicians.

Too quick.

Sous vide is much more gratifying.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh. ..Guess not everyone. Slinks away...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh not in the house babe... I have a smoker. We'll just keep them out there.
I've never cooked or eaten tripe. Hell no.
I have cooked horse radish. Phew eye goggles required.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I know right. I will boil my bacon slab in a bag and take the fat and save it for the week. This does 2 things for me, it helps my bacon cook faster and crispier and gives me flavor for my other meals. This does not affect the flavor of the bacon at all btw.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
My "go to": garlic, onion, and thyme. Ill use them in almost everything, to some degree.

I heavily use various ground chiles, and i like to roast fresh poblanos to have for green chiles (big and meaty chiles).

Im a fan of cheese, and have at least one at every meal. Im not a big fan of american or yellow cheeses, but will eat them from time to time (although i have a thing for smoked cheddar).

in my veggie dishes i like to include toasted almods and mushrooms more often than not.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ingredients I cannot be without:
sea salt.....coarse ground [with a grinder] and fine ground [for the shaker]
black pepper
garlic granules and fresh cloves when possible [I'm lazy!!]
EVOO
coconut oil
butter
oregano..we buy it in dried stems in a package...and I use it a lot
cheeses
ginger...used mostly for beverages
lime juice....freshly squeezed
coconut amino acids....instead of soy sauce
onion

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The basics for me are the ubiquitous onion and garlic, and of course olive oil, salt and pepper.
Recently I found to enjoy adding a bit of fennel seeds and cumin seeds almost in everything I cook.
Another one is a bottle of piri piri sauce, or tabasco if something needs that extra kick, which I think it does most of the time!
As a main ingredient I've been doing lots of buckwheat , love it, it's so versatile. And it doesnt make me feel bloated like rice or pasta.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My go to -- tomatoes, with olive oil, garlic and basil. OO, garlic and basil. The perfect trio.
If the tomatoes are uncooked, add Balsamic vinegar.

Always good. It's my comfort food.

If you put it in a skillet and add black beans it's good over pasta. I like the bowties for this.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Coconut is an allergy for me along with most nuts, cashews and peanuts don't affect me for some odd reason. I do not like the taste of peanut oil. Sunflower oil is okay.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Not a fan of seeds. I will eat sunflower seeds and I will eat sesame seed buns sometimes, but I never like them sprinkled in my food.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

the problem with sesame seed buns: the seeds aren't toasted. The burger maker should toast the bun and unlock the sesame oils in the seeds....but they never do.

So the sesame seed buns are, effectively, only cosmetically different from any other bun.

Toasted sesame seeds....i freaking love them. Love tahini, too.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Can do with out thyme, don't like the taste. Poblanos, yes. Cheese, I am more of a provolone or sharp cheddar, processed american, no. No on the almonds period, big allergy there and mushrooms, too.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Don't care for balsamic anything and no to the basil. Oregano sometimes. Big fan of the roma, sea salt/cracked pepper and olive oil with mozzarella slices, yummy there.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

to use thyme properly, it should hover right underneath the flavor, providing that touch of earthy undertone. If you can taste the thyme over everything else, you've used too much.

But i feel you....its got a rather powerful taste that can ruin a dish. Paprika is the same, and being a hungarian i've ruined a few dishes with my paprika.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah somethings only require a tiny pinch, thyme and paprika included. I go heavy on the good stuff though, garlic and black pepper.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Rosemary, garlic, onions, mushroms, fresh tomatos...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join