It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a Trashed Username

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Some of us DO reply to reasonable threads, in fact usually those are the only ones I will respond to.
Not everyone is a drama-lama.
Your plan worked BTW. You received attention for absolutely no substance.
SMH

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
That is true. The reason is because I figured out very early on that if I make my arguments too good and too detailed, people tend to ignore them.

How about a link to one of these threads were you used your sooper smarts to basically win the debate in the Original Post?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

No one is without "sin". You have a lot of company.

I've been spanked many times for my emotional outbursts. ATS has been very forgiving.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
All I got out of this is a) OP is self loathing b) OP considers self to be too smart to be debated with by anybody, so OP "has to" dumb it down for the rest of us.

That about sum it up?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That about sum it up?

Perfectly.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I don't find anything wrong with your threads. There may have been some I disagree with, but I do not equate your user name with someone I dislike or has incredibly extreme views.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
OP i've no problem with your thread's,, well some,, the ones you think,, your so super smart that everyone is "dumb" thread's (like this one).

if that is your game you should post in the physics/science and engineering technology type thread's etc (assuming you have?)..

Other than that i sometimes enjoy reading your thread's cause it gives me a break from reading the ancient civilisations, antigravity, quantum mechanics thread's etc... maybe you should do some of them or make full (non dumbed down) thread's.

Post what you want you don't offend me in the slightest.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I haven't logged in for years but after reading this.....

I had sausages for dinner today. Intergalactic pork bangers, fantastic.

God bless the dung beetle!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You could have one that was trashed from the start. You know, one with certain associations with something nasty that you get from not wiping.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

funny i feeel trashed what did you write that makes you feel trashed? you seemed like a conservative poster when i noticed your OPs at first, vulcan...in a sense

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
vulcan...in a sense

That's a very astute comment. It makes it hard for me because I can't relate to others easily about many things.

I wonder what it would be like to feel emotions like most people.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

so much to contemplate, here...emotions are like little things that need to be set free...!what are they? love like bugs and leaves...anger is like the weather ahppy ness like the lights in the sky and the big round silver disk...they call it moon or moon light!
broken down into elementals...water, earth, fire, air am the best! metal!...so many qualities in each one!
Water=emotion
earth=stability
fire=action
air=thinking
metal=what is your guess? i must consult the ancients and certain crystals...let me know..i am short of providing links momentarily
great post and clip thank you!

okay upon the study of religions cooking, the cutting of certain vegatables is like a fight or symbol of death so certain metals cuold be cutting out un needed things to sacrafice over into knew life?
let me know, dear

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
man this is the internet. Half the people replying may not even be real. If you cant dig it, then whats the deal?

I just drive it into my head that there are no humans, only machines and programs masquerading as sincere.

Its all virtual man, try not to give any #s whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm sorry...personally I have seen some of your posts and they don't feel elevated or over-the-top to me. We all post dumb crap. I have less stars than posts which, while I have learned not to care, points out that I posted poorly when I started. So what did I do? I revamped my style and stopped being emotionally reactive. I posted to what I can intelligently post on. Now, again not caring about stars, I get real reactions and debate. BOOM...problem solved

This entire thread reads like a massive "please notice me" post. You start out by saying you trashed your name, then post that you did so willingly, which frankly i hard to believe. It may be true and only your mind knows that. What it REALLY looks like is you messed around, got high and mighty, then got beat back and are now falling on the old "ha...gotcha...I was only messing around" tripe. The reason I have more urge to believe that is because now you pulled two of the oldest emo tricks in the book.

1. "I had to dumb it down" which essentially is saying, well I am WAY too smart for you common folk so let me play your level. This is such BS because if you were really posting high quality and difficult to argue facts and figures, you'd likely (so long as you were respectful) get a good deal of return debate at that same level. Many people on ATS are ridiculously intelligent and experts on some subject. We all have our expertise. For me it's trauma, psychology, and horses (though I am not sure how to have an intelligent debate about horses...because they ARE perfect...so yeah). Meanwhile, if you try to pull me into a debate on some level of engineering, I am done for. I have nothing to contribute. AND...in the past I TRIED to pretend to know a lot about stuff that is way out of my league. The difference is, I didn't come back 5 years later and say "HA! I was only pretending to do this!" It sounds so self-serving

2. (and frankly this is way more irritating) The whole "I wish I could _____ like normal humans" This is such a load of hogwash IMO. People who have to prove or state that they are ____, are usually not really ____. It's like those people who say, "I am so unique because ____," then you go to find out they are some of the most normal and boring people you've ever met. Pulling that, especially using a negative like "I have no empathy or emotions," only serves to distinguish or separate yourself in a veiled and arrogant manner. Believe me, you DO have unique things about you....but you aren't that unique. And it's ok...almost none of us are that unique.

Sorry...I may have trashed my name with this post

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join