It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Thought Use Higher Dimensions to Function?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Carole King wrote it.
Along with a bunch of best songs ever.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Good taste, Phage.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Fair enough, had a quick look into her. I know the words to most of her stuff.
One of those Howlin Wolf types with everyone gettin famous of their songs.

Anyhoo, possibly slightly off topic.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Well, there is this.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This process seems to not be talking of a other universes, but rather alternate realities. Other universes still exist within 3 dimensions. Diversions of the timeline are alternative realities or alterations in time and reality.

But I lose focus . . . did you just site wiki? I want to know where the theory came from not what my neighbor said about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Observers living in the 4th dimension will observe the past, present and future, in the same instant, of organisms in the 3rd dimension.

An observer in the 5th dimension would be able to observe all probable outcomes of all possible decisions that could be made by the 3rd dimensional organism, in the same instant.

I would say thought processes come from the 4th dimension based on past experiences of the 3rd dimensional organism.

Thinking about the 6th dimension gives me a headache.
edit on 5-9-2016 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
An observer in the 5th dimension would be able to observe all probable outcomes of all possible decisions that could be made by the 3rd dimensional organism, in the same instant.

Why do you believe that?
We need dimensions to locate an object, there is no location of potential.

At 5:35PM today I'm up a bit, across a bit and in a bit. 4 dimensions.
How can I pinpoint myself according to potential?

Is it 5:35PM today, up a bit, across a bit, in a bit, in reality #4?
(with potential observable outcomes created exponentially with every planck of time that passes the actual reality number would be unthinkably large but let's go with #4)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If there are parallel universes that move around and bump into each other, that space they move in has to be the 5th dimension. Without a higher dimension, there could not exist two universes and they could definitely not bump into each other.

Think of two lines. For two lines to exist and not be the same line, there has to be a piece of paper.

I will point out that Phage has a point - the universes may not interact in the way that I described. One leading theory has them existing side-by-side.
edit on 05pmMon, 05 Sep 2016 12:52:30 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

This makes for some good reading. It also has a section on the many-worlds theory to explain quantum mechanics.

Wikipedia: Multiverse Theory
edit on 05pmMon, 05 Sep 2016 12:49:20 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 05pmMon, 05 Sep 2016 13:11:28 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
No one knows where thought comes from ... we can only observe them but are unable to locate their origin

The same applies to the origins of life itself ...

All we can do is measure it's effects
edit on 5-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2016 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I think that science is going to be able to explain thought within the next 100 years. And I think it will start to explain how spirituality works. Right now, scientists think that they can explain thought. However, I think they are missing out on the spiritual aspect of it that I think can be explained by quantum physics and string theory.

The reason I am interested in this subject is that I was both a psychology major and math/physics major in college, therefore I like the idea of being able to use physics to explain thought and spirituality.
edit on 05pmMon, 05 Sep 2016 13:17:25 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

That would be a major breakthrough or not depending on it's application
However we do understand a great deal regarding thought

Spirituality and thought go hand in hand or not depending on their application

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

According to certain interpretations of multiverse theory, rolling a d6 (six-sided die) would, in fact, create 6 different universes, one for each number rolled. I think that our understanding of this phenomenon is still in its infancy.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

That would be a major breakthrough or not depending on it's application
However we do understand a great deal regarding thought

Spirituality and thought go hand in hand or not depending on their application

Something like this would be a ridiculous breakthrough. Being able to start to understand and reconcile spirituality and physics would be amazing.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Without a higher dimension, there could not exist two universes

Why not?
A universe exists in and of itself. A universe contains the dimensions which determine its nature.

What is "between" universes? How far apart are they?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well to determine how far apart two universes are you would have to create a new SI unit and then figure out a way to measure it. We measure time in seconds. It isn't the first time we would be measuring something in a higher dimension than 3. Between universes would be empty space, similar to the empty space between electrons and nuclei in 3rd dimensional space. Or similar to how we perceive outer-space to be, even though there are still particles there. Imagine there weren't.

Maybe there are particles between universes - this is a very new area of study.

Who calls dibs on naming the new SI unit?
edit on 05pmMon, 05 Sep 2016 13:35:38 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well to determine how far apart two universes are you would have to create a new SI unit and then figure out a way to measure it.
Why do you think there is any distance between them at all? Distance is a feature of our universe. What is beyond our universe does not have to follow the rules of ours.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thought's exist only in your brain not a higher dimension

Science does not have proof of alternate universes

Time isn't a dimension

I'm not even sold on it being 3 dimensions it's merely a term in math. In reality, a line would have length, width and height

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What is "between" universes?

Of course it is specualtion or belief that there are other Universes

But there is no "Space" between Universes
Space is a product of the Universe itself
What may lay between Universes is something completly differnt imo

edit on 5-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

There seem to be patterns that exist, basically dimensional properties. (I'm thinking of this from a mathematical and logical point of view and I like proofs)

A one-dimensional line can be measured. A two-dimensional plane can be measured. A three-dimensional space can be measured. We measure four-dimensional space in seconds. Using pattern recognition and analyzing this, we can see that in 1st dimensional space (a line) we can measure where a dot is (0 dimensional space). Therefore, it follows that we can measure where a line is (1st dimensional space) in a plane (2nd dimensional space). It follows that we can measure where a plane (2nd dimensional space) is in space (using 3rd dimensional space). We also measure space (3rd dimensional space) by using time (4th dimensional space).

We already measure higher dimensions than our own (4th dimensional space) using things like dates. We can measure the distance in 4th dimensional space between two 3-dimensional spaces using something like years.

Did you see the pattern? Therefore, we can theorize that we can measure the distance between two timelines in 5th dimensional space. This is where we need to name a new unit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join