It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Is Donald Trump trying to LOSE the 2016 Presidential election?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
..or is he just totally inept?

There are reports that he met with Bill Clinton prior to announcing his run - is this true?

Also, he reportedly gave the Clinton Foundation over 100K.

Maybe he's not really such an outsider after all, but not unlike Alex Jones is a type of controlled opposition either knowingly, or unwittingly even..?

This election appears to be like a rigged boxing match, where immediately after the Trump Convention (can't really be called the Republican National Convention, in many ways), and in the wake of the Democratic National Convention, he appeared to punch himself into a corner and then attempted a series of knockout blows, of which his recent immigration speech in Phoenix, given the changed demographics and landscape of the country, was the coup de gras.

Meanwhile, Clinton appears to be just trying to take it easy and is by no means campaigning like her life depended on it, opting for what appears to be a relatively light agenda (unless she's been just waiting for the final 60 day run when everyone's started paying attention after the labor day long weekend).

I think it might have all the hallmarks of a tossed election on Donald Trump's part, perhaps not via a conspiracy with Bill and Hillary to destroy the Republican Party and make absolutely certain that she will be elected, but because he doesn't really want the job and might even be afraid of it, due to his lack of education, understanding and preparedness. In other words maybe he knows he'll f it all up and thus is making choices that will limit or put a cap and a lid on his ability to turn it all around and win the election, opting instead to look with an eye on the future as an outspoken voice of opposition, while sidelining the Republican Party's legitimate concerns and in effect hijacking them for purely selfish aims.

Could Donald Trump be a "controlled opposition" either knowingly or unwittingly, not unlike Alex Jones?

Or am I reading too much into it as a "conspiracy theorist"?

Donald Trump cannot be this dumb, this inept. He's always played the system for selfish gain where money in the margin is the sole measure of success.

I don't think he ever planned or hoped to actually win.

That's the way it appears, and since he's not an idiot, I would suggest that the fix is in, with Donald Trump's full complicity and that he's doing everything he can to throw the election with his latest outreach to black and minority voters, nothing but a weak pandering, to appease the rest of his base (see, I'm not racist), a base which he doesn't really want to expand and grow. It's clearly defined. There was no pivot, let alone a sophisticated pivot to the center in order to win, no real change in tactic or strategy, just more of a doubling down on what won him the primary, which is NOT a strategy to win come November.

I think it's obvious, all but self evident, no matter what all you Trumpeteers might have to say.

edit on 4-9-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sorry op but you will have a lot to answer too, trump is the 21st century jebus, just ask is followers.

He is more than a man, he is a yugely fast train, choo choo

edit on 4-9-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Me and a few others have been saying this from the beginning.

TPTB knew the public was getting sick of there approved candidates and knew hillary would have a problem getting into power.

So they send trump in to draw idiot vote and destroy the GOP from the inside.

Trumps done his job.

One Hillary gets in, no doubt she will reward trump with a multitude of government contracts and tax breaks.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well since a reuters poll put him in the lead just yesterday, I'd say he is doing a terrible job of losing....

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Sorry op but you will have a lot to answer too, trump is the 21st century jebus, just ask is followers.

He is more than a man, he is a yugely fast train, choo choo

as he flies right on by, all fluff but no substance. What WAS that? Who was that, and why did we allow him to drive us all stark raving mad?!

this particular joke is not on me, as I trust my own evaluative and reasoning skills.

Sometimes things are just as they appear and sometimes a joke is just a joke, but to his supporters I say, don't let it be on you either, when push comes to shove at the end of the day.

Maybe neither of them are all that relevant. We are.

So let's stop giving away and handing all of our power away to these people whether for or against.. eh?

edit on 4-9-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

None of the above.

There is nothing that shows he is trying to lose. It looks like quite the opposite, actually.

Finding some evidence might help to fuel your theory, but it doesn't look like there is any. The evidence points to the exact opposite.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So the way you are painting this picture is:

Trump running for president is nothing more than a ruse for Hillary Clinton?

And the reason why this will prove to be effective is that when all the votes go to Donnald Trump and he decides to up and quit... The election will pick who ever got second place?

A public outrage will be avoided because crushing American hearts of their choice is less damaging than killing a president. But a president that quits even when his support is so high and he is highly favorable will kill American ideals softly? For ever conforming people to go back to ignoring the entire election process and continue to not care about what their country evolves into?

And since nobody likes the ideas of any other parties this election may once and for all end democracy and we will either switch back to something we fully understand, or change completely?

I am willing to bet we will go back to a pyramid hierchy. Even though we still currently live in one. We just don't ever refer to it as such.

Makes perfect sense.

Man Americans are way too #ing lazy. And eventually nothing new will be developed.

At least currently everyone I know who is a true creator no longer wishes to create. We are tired of creating something that will just get stolen.

# this society. Let's make a better one and completely ignore the USA.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

TPTB knew the public was getting sick of there approved candidates and knew hillary would have a problem getting into power.

Trumps done his job.

One Hillary gets in, no doubt she will reward trump with a multitude of government contracts and tax breaks.

It all makes perfect sense in one way and what a stroke of genius, but in another, it's out of character or is in some way incongruent with the character. In other words Donald Trump is not a very good actor, and this has levels of genius upon genius imbedded within it. Then again, how hard would it be to just be yourself and lose an election on purpose, where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, except in so far as it once shook Bill's hand before this all began..

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
He will most likely win. I say this because:
1. He is completely insane.
2. His followers are completely insane.
3. The world is over-run with the completely insane.

I stand by my research and theory.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Trumps done his job.

I am sure they can help him launder some pay-off money, too.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Very succinct and insightful, and sane.

I wish people would take back their power and authority, and that the creators would create again, for the sake of everything that's worthwhile.

God Bless.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Trump is the "CoQ10" of 2016 !!!

Hillary is the "one-a-day for 65+" oxymoron of the Century !!!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

There are reports that he met with Bill Clinton prior to announcing his run - is this true?

He didn't meet with Bill Clinton, they had a phone conversation two weeks prior to Donald Trump announcing his run. Both men have confirmed that it happened and both maintain that the conversation didn't get into any specifics.

Trump and Clinton have a long relationship going back to the 90s. I wouldn't necessarily call them "good friends" because honestly, peopple moving in those circles have lots of powerful "friends" but many of their relationships are mostly transactional in nature, like business acquaintances.

You may want to check out Big List of Trump and Clinton Connections, I reference the call in there with some links.

I've read a slew of articles, watched interviews, etc and at a couple points I've wondered if Trump was controlled opposition but my impression is that he is not and is legitimately trying to win the election.
edit on 2016-9-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

None of the above.

There is nothing that shows he is trying to lose. It looks like quite the opposite, actually.

Finding some evidence might help to fuel your theory, but it doesn't look like there is any. The evidence points to the exact opposite.

In all fairness, the OP mentioned this conversation Bill had with Trump: Bill talked politics with Trump before he launched his bid

And if Loretta's conversation about grandkids was beneficial to Hillary's campaign, it's only fair to assume that Trump's conversation about politics was beneficial to it, too.

Besides, it's well-known they are longtime friends...the kind of friends that exchange money for political favors. Neither Trump nor the Clintons dispute that.

And, of course, Trump does have a record praising Hillary and Bill.

And, of course, Trump has strategically done so very much to put swing states, like Florida, in jeopardy.

AND, OF COURSE, Trump has done all he could to tear apart the GOP...to the benefit of the DNC. It's not like he has ever shown any loyalty whatsoever to the GOP. I can't even figure out why he ran as a republican. He's always shown contempt for the party.

I think there's more evidence he is a Clinton crony-plant than otherwise.

edit on 4-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

There are all kinds of ways that he could be paid off that wouldn't involve any "impropriety".

Controlled opposition - that's a powerful psy-op. Like Alex Jones he's self-marginalizing and more than willing to make a fool out of himself every now and again so taint his own credibility, either knowingly or unwittingly.

The Republican Party is in a real quagmire if they can't distance themselves from Donald Trump, particularly in the wake of the election, and so it would make sense for him to align his campaign with Brietbart and an eye on a type of media empire that envelopes the alternative right, including Alex Jones' fans and many of the membership here at ATS, as a representative sample, to help drive that opposition, while moving it to the fringe.

Donald Trump is like a Republican Party detonation device hidden in plain sight.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Your perception is misguided. Trump is neither trying to lose, nor is he inept. He is just the most unconventional and most interesting candidate that we in our lifetimes have ever seen.

Remember since day one back in June of 2015? And every month since? All these inept, pseudo-intellectual talking heads saying he never had a chance?? They were and are still ALL wrong. They are stuck in the box. They can't get out. They are mystified by their own bigoted, ignorance that a non-politician could actually talk to America and tell them the truth.

The media is having a stroke. The got beat by a genius who used their medium freely. Big League!!!

Wait for the debates, these will be the highest rated debates in our history. Guaranteed!!! Whose gonna pay for it????? Wait for it, wait for it.......The Lame Mass Liberal Media will pay for it. LOL!!

And after he wins, then you will see hate spew from all of your favorite small mined, insecure, liberal progressive wimps. And not one of them will have the balls to follow through on their petty threats of leaving the country, but most of us wish they would and take the rest of the trash with them.

This movement, this train is just getting faster and faster. And where is Hillary....asleep and will never be ready to take that 3am call.

Peace
KD

edit on 4-9-2016 by Darkinsider because: sentence structure

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I did think that he was controlled opposition at one point - at least suspected he might be. I am less sure of that now, though it's still not out of the question.

The wedding invite and the donations most know about, but in the UK we also had a TV program shown about Trump building his golf course in Scotland. There is a scene in it where Eric Trump is showing the reporter around Trumps NY golf club , which cost something like $300,000 to join. There are only 200 members or something like that. Eric Trump takes the reporter into the member's locker room and shows her some of the names on the lockers. One is Bill Clinton and Eric makes a point of saying that he is a 'very good friend'. I have tried to find the scene on Youtube, but can't.

If he is trying to lose then he will have to try harder because he has been smashing Clinton for the last 2-3 weeks.
edit on 4/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Man I can't wait for the debates....
if Hillary couldnt beat a friggin communist, Bernie Sanders, in a debate then she is utterly feckless...

You had a fun run in the White House while it lasted Democrats…
The debates will seal her fate as the paper tiger she truly is...

-Chris

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Aha - I found it...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Aha - I found it...

Awesome.

Bookmarked, too.

new topics

top topics