It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberalism and Political Correctness Heralds the Destruction of America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
OP whines and complains about liberals ruining America... yet OP still believes America is a Republic.

Epic fail.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Ha, well I can tell you that I am definitely not a conservative. Liberal fits me better than any other term.

To answer your question, my feelings about undocumented immigrants goes beyond political parties. I don't care who they vote for, if they have been here and working hard and haven't harmed others, then I am for allowing them to stay. Many of them are probably pretty conservative when it comes to things like equality under the laws for the LGBT community (which is a subject dear to my heart), but that would be a fight for another day. In the meantime, let them stay.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

When has Trump ever said "make America white again" ?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

When has Trump ever said "make America white again" ?

He's much to clever to for that. But anyone with even a basic understanding of NLP can read between the lines
and know exactly what Trumps agenda is. Trump is brilliant in both his approach and appeal. As is the OP of this thread.

It's not what you say....It's how you say it. Perhaps this as a reference point would be beneficial to your understanding.

www.scienceofpeople.com...
edit on 4-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Are you implying that trump is secretly planning to ship all the blacks and hispanics off to a desert island somewhere?

I think thats a little far fetched, All he wants is controlled immigration, Like all other countries are supposed to have....

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

Are you implying that trump is secretly planning to ship all the blacks and hispanics off to a desert island somewhere?

I think thats a little far fetched, All he wants is controlled immigration, Like all other countries are supposed to have....

Now you are just being silly and putting words in my mouth. Trump wants a culture war just like the OP. Read the article then get back to me if you want to discuss this further.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

No, he just wants whites to run things.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Thats nonsense, Trump couldnt give a dam who runs what, As long as they are qualified for the job.

You should know better than to believe the msm.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

You can have your opinion, I can have mine.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Diversity is what made America great.

No, it wasn't. Unity made America great.

Diversity is calling attention to the minor things that make us different. It is everyone pulling against each other. It promotes strife, suspicion, and self-importance. Unity is accepting the major things that we have in common. It is working together. It promotes peace, equality, and compassion.

Calls for diversity are calls for racist actions. Calls for unity are calls for equality for all.

Unity does not mean homogeneity. America was once called "The Great Melting Pot" because our population is made up of many many different people from many many different cultures. We all came together to unite as Americans. Immigrants did not come here just to get away from a worse life; they came here to make a better life. They recognized that the move would mean giving up some of their culture to become part of ours. In the process, we came to adopt much of those immigrants' culture, making our culture stronger.

Now we have diversity instead. Many immigrants come not for a better life, but to escape a worse life. They have no desire to become American, only to take from America. They do not want to learn our language, our culture, our ways, our history, or our laws. They do not strengthen us; they weaken us.

A house united will stand. A house diversified will fall. Unity will prosper. Diversity will falter.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ahh, but there in lies the crux of your argument.

The prerequisite is that they are working, or employed. It is a punishable offense for companies to employ 'undocumented workers'. The labor participation rates for undocumented workers are grouped in with all foreign born workers, that participation rate is 65%; and while there are no stats that separate those groups, I would assume it is due to the fact that the majority of those not working is from undocumented workers(who are legally not allowed to work).

In other words, you call yourself a liberal, but your belief is in line with the policy positions Donald Trump has taken. He has stated, that he does not care for rounding up the productive 'undocumented immigrants' who have families and have been here for years, but those that are a drain on our society.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

First things first.

Build the wall first or everything will be an exercise in futility. Trump's specifics on securing the border first make sense. Common sense approach without all the flowery language that gets in the way is exactly what we need in the next leader.

Deport "on Day One" known criminal gang bangers and felons. Most local cops know who these people are. Then get started on that wall NOW.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Diversity is what made America great.

No, it wasn't. Unity made America great.

Diversity is calling attention to the minor things that make us different. It is everyone pulling against each other. It promotes strife, suspicion, and self-importance. Unity is accepting the major things that we have in common. It is working together. It promotes peace, equality, and compassion.

Calls for diversity are calls for racist actions. Calls for unity are calls for equality for all.

Unity does not mean homogeneity. America was once called "The Great Melting Pot" because our population is made up of many many different people from many many different cultures. We all came together to unite as Americans. Immigrants did not come here just to get away from a worse life; they came here to make a better life. They recognized that the move would mean giving up some of their culture to become part of ours. In the process, we came to adopt much of those immigrants' culture, making our culture stronger.

Now we have diversity instead. Many immigrants come not for a better life, but to escape a worse life. They have no desire to become American, only to take from America. They do not want to learn our language, our culture, our ways, our history, or our laws. They do not strengthen us; they weaken us.

A house united will stand. A house diversified will fall. Unity will prosper. Diversity will falter.

TheRedneck

That was a beautiful comment! Insightful and powerful.

China is a glowing example of unity, due to their singular culture. While it is not a great example of being a melting pot, China has lasted thousands of years because of their embrace of being Chinese. America became a great and powerful nation because of unity, under one American culture, regardless of race. If we cannot embrace one American culture, we cannot unify and last even the next 50 years under such division.

Liberalism only seeks to compound those divisions, to destroy American culture in the naive cause of globalism.
edit on 4-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: added content

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Liberalism is a scourge on America. Look what it has done to too many of our inner cities! They call THAT progressive? They don't know the meaning of the word progressive....they have hijacked a word.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Diversity is calling attention to the minor things that make us different.

The media is the one calling attention to the minor differences, not diversity. TPTB are using our differences against us, we are fighting each other and the fighting is spurred on by the corporate owned media. The media plays both sides of the ball, there is no "better" side.

Both sides are controlled opposition to one another, this is the way they want it so that we continue fighting each other instead of the root cause: some people having too much money for their own good.
edit on 9/4/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Wow, that was... beautiful, and... tragic...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I don't agree with this at all. The word diverse simply means a range of different things. Different races, different religions, different cultures. THAT is diversity, and that is what America has been all about. Diversity in and of itself is not bad.

Of course anyone who came here because their life was worse wants their life to be better. You think if they came from worse that they wouldn't want their life to be better? That makes no sense.

Many of the immigrants who came here a hundred years or more ago usually stayed with their own, because it felt more comfortable to them. You had Italian parts of town, Irish parts of town, German parts of town. Many of the first generation immigrants never learned English - but their kids did. It's the same now. And back then, there was always some resistance to letting in new immigrants. Same now. Always the same fears: they're going to take our jobs, they aren't like us - they don't look like us, they don't talk like us, they're dirty, etc., etc.

There are many, many people who came here as undocumented who have built lives here. Their children have grown up here. Their children go to baseball games and have picnics and study at university and buy homes and all the other things that legal citizens of the "American culture" do.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The corporate owned media you speak of is "owned" by players in the political arena in Washington D.C. with Big Agendas. They are married. Their divorce from The People happened many years ago.

edit on 4-9-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Overall, the message in the OP is to scare people with all the expected rhetoric, such as the liberals control the media, they are brainwashing your children, liberals are immoral animals, racism, etc.

Let's put your comment in perspective, from another OP thread linking to a youtube video.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Bull crap. Trump wants to deport ALL undocumented immigrants AND their families. He has "graciously" agreed to let them get back in line to apply for legal status.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join