It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of honeybees killed in South Carolina

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Saw something the other day. Dozens of honeybees working a soft drink spill. They are normally picky but wildflowers are scarce these days?

That's normal fall behavior.

They always start looking for anything sweet at this time of year. They are wild for anything sweet because they are working overtime to lay in honey for the winter.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Sorry if I offended you... should I get permission to agree with you next time?

TheRedneck

That doesn't even make sense. I asked what your post had to do with mine because it clearly wasn't addressing what I typed. SMH
edit on 4-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You were talking about how poisonous DDT was, and I responded that all pesticides are poison.

How is that not related?

(BTW, that post came off a little rough. It was not intended to be so.)

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A damn shame,honeybees are in enough trouble without some idiots killing more,like shooting yourself to cure cancer.If they keep dying out crops are going to start dwindling and then all kinds of bad things will result.Damn, what a shame.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This action is so grossly negligent that I have a hard time believing someone didn't kill the bees on purpose. They knew what they were doing.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I don't think they meant to intentionally kill all those bees....but I do think the careless disregard is almost as bad as intentionally killing them.

And I do think there should be compensation to the beekeepers...and not at taxpayer expense.

We really need to stop the mass hysteria about zika, and ebola...and whatever comes our way.
The media needs to become informational...not a vehicle for the hype.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The media needs to become informational...not a vehicle for the hype.

That train left the station a while back.

Advice (take it or not); Anything in "the media" which regards science is highly suspect as to accuracy. If original sources are cited, as they occasionally are, read them, first.. If not, shine it or look for the sources yourself.

edit on 9/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm a Black Bear. I'm moving down south during winter. Where is my Honey?!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
I believe the state of South Carolina hires local contract companies to do the Arial application (flying). So it is up to the contractors to follow the label law and required notifications. The contractors hold public health and pesticide licenses, IMO they should be revoked and their contracts null and voided. There is no excuse in applying pesticides that late in the morning, not just for the bees sake but for the other beneficial species.

I live very close to Summerville. I'm one county over, Berkeley County, in Goose Creek a very small city right outside of Charleston county.
In Goose Creek, they have been witnessed many times over the passed few years, the county spraying insecticide as early as 8pm during the summer months, even oftentimes, it was still light out, it was dusk.
We still are not in bed by then. We put our son to bed around 7:30-8pm on school nights, take our chihuahua outside, and my husband and I don't get ourselves into bed until 9:30-10pm. Before getting into bed for the night, we take our dog out once more before going to sleep for the night.
8pm on a summer night is too early imo. Many people are still out and about. Our neighborhood pool doesn't close until 9pm.
So yeah, I think it's alloyds sad.
Last year I tried calling the part of the government in change of spraying insecticide, but nobody ever answered. I left a "concerned citizen type message, but nobody ever contacted me lol. No big surprise.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We did the same. Got some regular chickens and some guinea hens.i never really noticed a tick on myself but common here with others. Haven't seen any signs of ticks and are in somewhat of a drought on average. Although, the hens are kind of annoying. Should have some nice eggs soon..

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

This is genocide. Criminals should be electrified or hang.

But this is not end, I predict in next 10 years nature will fight back and no it will not be against people that acctually sprayed them, nor company that order the spraying nor ur government. It is you humble people who will suffer with new viruses or lack of food.

So south carol in a folks just turn your head away from this genocide, but remember nature will prevail.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That's where I live ... so incredibly sad.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: digitalbluco

Hey. Dale Gribble is a good guy and an excellent killer of bugs! His work is top notch!

They just did a fogging for the little blood suckers around here recently. They said it was because they were found to have West Nile though, not Zika. The flyer that they handed out door to door also said there was no danger to people or anything, but you could stay inside and close windows and all of that good stuff to minimize exposure if you wanted. But... no risk for people at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Einstein once said: "If the bees disappear, mankind would have only 4 more years of life”.

Why are we allowing the government to kill the bees again? Are people just gonna sit by and do nothing?
This is basically genocide, not only on bees, but many life on earth, including us.

Dont forget also that honey carries antibiotics which helps with certain diseases. If this isn't a sign of end times, I do not know what is.

Einstein was wise and gave us a fair warning ahead of his time.

sad times...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

You mean that thing about bees? The one there is no evidence of him ever having said? That thing?
quoteinvestigator.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You mean that thing about bees? The one there is no evidence of him ever having said? That thing?
quoteinvestigator.com...

Even if the quote is not his, the quote remains true. Bees help seed life on the planet by them carrying pollen. They are an extremely important asset to the planet. Do you disagree?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
No, I don't disagree that bees are important.
Whether or not human life would disappear in four years if bees disappeared. That's another matter.

No matter who claims it.

edit on 9/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Was Einstein even a beekeeper or anything? I'm asking seriously because I really have no idea at all. That might give more... credence to the idea of him having said something like that... but... other than that... why do people ascribe quotes to people that never said it? Was Einstein an expert on plants and/or bees and what not anyway? It's almost as though people try to place a quote on certain well known people to give the idea the quote supports more weight. This seems to happen a lot with historical figures from further back than someone like Einstein. I never quite understood why, just because someone from a long time ago said something, that makes it more true or more 'right.'

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rshackleford

It's almost as though people try to place a quote on certain well known people to give the idea the quote supports more weight.

I don't think there is any "almost" involved. It is 100% fact that people make up stuff about what respected people have said.

It's easy to do because many people who want to hear it don't care if it true or not. And it doesn't keep them from repeating it.

edit on 9/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There is really no excuse for this gross negligence, killing
and contamination of the eco system, and the bee population.

In some parts of the U.S. people can be sent to jail for
harming a single lizard, this is far and away worse in
every way. I hope the Regulation Board gets enough
by way of complaint they actually do something to
prevent this from happening again.

S&F DTOM

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join