It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘By 2050 half the forms of life we know will be gone’ – conservation biologist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10 I guess by 2099 only one form of life would be left on Earth... - "Pedophillum Retardicus"

edit on 4-9-2016 by Argentbenign because: #*

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign
Crap .. I'll be long gone by then ugh! This planet will be left behind in the 4th dimension to swill in it's cesspool of filth.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: awareness10

Some have powers to change the world...🐓

Indeed they do! 🐓

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Not to worry we have a hidden secret planet.🐓

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Let's replace nature. In the same period of time, our technology with synthetic organisms will be able to replace many of the organisms lost, heck we can play gods and reshape the ecological terrain as most benefits us.

I'm not stressing too much over the damage we're doing, nature will adapt and we'll guide it along the way.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Shhhhh we don't want all the crazies following in our space craft! 🐓

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You and I have a time machine...hop in
🐓

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah!!! That would be awesome we could go anywhere!

🐓

edit on 9/4/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Some have powers to change the world...🐓

Indeed...! By making it profitable we might just save this planet, but it would be a whole new industry. When making a living by restoring the planet becomes profitable, then we may produce many industries endeavoring towards that goal. But while it is more profitable to produce consumer goods at obscene rates, there will be no incentive to move in that direction. Population also needs to be addressed and managed or that alone will be our demise through war pestilence and famine.

At our present rate in a couple centuries, 'if were still here' we will be living on mountains of refuse.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
When the wealthy are scrounging like rats, and realize they won't be able to enjoy the luxuries of nature....

When the poor realize they are trapped by the garbage they let pile up on theor broken street filled with trash and their neighbors blood...

When the human race realize there is no escape from our fate that they allowed to happen. ..

You then have mu permission to die.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

“Only when the last tree has been cut down, the last fish been caught, and the last stream poisoned, will we realize we cannot eat money.”

― Cree Indian Prophecy

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The selfish they're all standing in line Faithing and hoping to buy themselves time Me, I figure as each breath goes by I only own my mind

edit on 9 4 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Your inability to comprehend just how dangerous these rates of extinction are is staggering.

99% of all species that ever existed on planet Earth are extinct. Perspective, it's a hell of a thing.

That is such an intellectual dishonest argument. Also it needs to be stated that while that it is true on one level, the 6th mass extinction is well underway by human causation and not natural causes this time . Its not a meteor, or super volcano its human industrial activity all done in less than 200 years. What the hell is everybody going to eat when the web of life collapses? Nothing except each other. Next time keep perspective and don't be so glib about the biggest era of human misery about to unfold upon us by our own hand.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The human race walks in the shadows of love, love will keep us here?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yes but only as long as it takes to awaken the oblivious ... then *poof* away we go!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: watchitburn

Yes, however... they didn't have Plastics, or nearly 8 billion people on Planet Earth, or Control of almost every country infiltrating it with Monstanto and other Crap right?

Before you can say "nearly" we have to cross over the halfway point (7.5B). We haven't. This does show insight into your bias.

Thanks for that.
edit on 4-9-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Thanks for your bias response which made absolutely no sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join