It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is seeing a ghost of people nearest thing to viewing past time era's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I would love to go have a glimpse of the past or even the future but I don't think there are portals and secret base that do that ( I could be wrong hopefully) but i was thinking the only thing might be prove of a sort of time travel or viewing is when people have seen a solid/near solid figure of a ghost or ghosts ?.
The reason I posted is that a friend went to a building which is an architectural salvage business but used to be a police correction house in the 1800's and his son who was 6 at the time just was acting quiet and staring all over the place until they left and the dad asked his son what was wrong in which he replied that he didn't like the men in blue uniforms (which the dad didn't see).
So if this kid saw a number of 1800's police in the building then what was going on was it -
1. A number of Police died at the same time and haunt the place.
2. A recording of the past.
3. A time distortion or parallel universe.
4. Or my wildest thought ( don't take this one seriously) is the afterlife coppers all meet up once in a while at there all work's place ?

Thoughts.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

I have what's called a residual haunting. The "ghost" does the same thing every time I see it. [ Several people have seen this, without knowing anything about it and I've not mentioned it to them beforehand.] It's a woman, who walks from the bedroom, across the hall, to the bathroom, or bathroom to bedroom. It's been going on since we moved in here and it never shows any sign of being aware of us or interacting with us.
I don't think "ghosts" are a link to the past, it's just energy that hasn't dissipated for some reason. There is a theory, that the makeup of the local geology, such as quartz , can trap or "record" that energy and "play it back" from time to time.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Personally, the few encounters I have had in my lifetime were all interactive to some degree. What I took from that, at least in my case, is that the apparition's were here and now.

For instance, the house I lived in that sublet rooms to different people, some of whom reported hearing someone 'shuffling around' in the kitchen when they knew no-one was home (me too), added up to make me believe we all heard the same thing and the sounds were a repetitive thing of some action a person carried out during their life.

Not a playback loop from the past, but a current event in an active haunted hose.

In my case I believe this more because I lived there for eight years never having heard what others claimed until my very last day there. Nobody else was in the house at the time, I was there all alone.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Interesting thread!

I have read it that young children are more capable than the majority of adults to seeing ghosts/specters or whatever word you would like to use.

Some sort of horrid event need not have taken place to leave an 'imprint' on the place.

The police of yesteryear witnessed much of the horror 's that today's brave men and women did.

My guess is that the police of the 1800's felt a great affinity for their station house and tend to hang around with the boys.

**Disclaimer** I base this opinion with absolutely no training of the paranormal, nor any knowledge just what th heck ghosts are.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

If we stop and think about it, we have learned to record (aspects) of real, living, history with various kinds of equipment. If we think about holographic imagery, we can even project 3D images in the air of a room or in the sky. What we are doing is capturing the basic elements of a past time and place, reality. Our abilities to do that feat continue to expand. There is talk in some circles of being able to read minds without a direct connection between the mind and the machine. Where does it lead? ...Probably somewhere deep into the understanding of quantum physics.

I think that the process of Remote Viewing, which has been validated, has part of the answer that we can understand to some degree. RVing allows the viewer to literally put themselves into another place and time. Logically, by our normal standards that is an impossible and an outrageous assertion. Time and place are separate elements and there is no way a human mind can combine the two and go to a particular time and place to sense it. But it happens. The CIA proved it happens. So WHAT IS happening?

We simply don't have the concepts that can simply explain how remote viewing works even though it is a learnable, natural skill that most people can learn. Probably, we all have flashes of remote, past scenes that magically arrive into our senses totally without effort or reason. I know I do. So-called ghosts (a term I don't favor) and apparitions are connected to a type ability related to RVing. Place, time condition of mind and circumstance may trigger episodes of such phenomena. We then stand in a state of silence, stuck in awe, terror, curiosity and, commonly, denial.

To have an experience on the last day of eight years living in a place that has these resident (no pun) memories is telling, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hmm interesting. I don't have a whole lot to add, but I recently pondered that same thought that seeing a ghost could be a glimpse into a different dimension/past time.

Ghosts always seem to be moving with a purpose imo. I'll just use a small example. While laying in my bed probably 10+ years ago, I heard something running up and down my stairs that lead to the second floor of my parents house. The stairs were on the other side of the bedroom wall. I instantly jumped up, grabbed something for defense in case of an intruder, and nope, both parents and my brother were sound asleep. So I ask myself the question, why would a ghost (possibly a child) be running up and down my stairs? Could he just be a kid from abother dimension or past time, having a little fun running around? Then if not, what is the reason for his/her actions?

Those last questions were me questioning myself, not directed at anyone specifically lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Very thought provoking thread. I'm also interested in catching a glimpse of the past. This summer we began exploring the countless back roads crisscrossing our area, we're in rural southern Colorado.

At first it was just to enjoy the peace/quiet, beautiful setting but now it's turned into a bit of a historic journey. We're finding abandoned homesteads, cemeteries, schools/churches etc., traces of whole communities out in the middle of nowhere.

I would love to see these places fresh/new bustling with human activity. What remains invokes a strong feeling of nostalgia very much like home sicknesses. As far as I know I'm not related to these old homesteaders but that's what I'm trying to find out now.

Imo some places are forever marked by human energy/emotion through use over time. Similar to a well worn path but instead a build up of something remains.

My one and only ghost story involved a very old place that served as home/workplace to a family for decades. Lots of life lived there, lots of energy/emotion expelled. I wonder if some of that lingers and sometimes people are receptive enough to catch a glimpse. Like listening to an old recording, the sound is there you just have to find the right player and fine tune it in.

I don't know but like I said it is very thought provoking. I'm beginning to think ghosts/UFO sightings and weirdness in general is a frequency thing we accidentally tap into. Since we don't understand it/can't define it, we let it freak us out and it gets filed away under crazy people/who see crazy things.
edit on 9-4-2016 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2016 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2016 by Morningglory because: spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Right, what you are talking about is not Ghost but aetheric recording's, an old theory that strong emotion's and major event's can be recorded somehow in the aether or perhaps the aerth's field of energy and can be triggered under certain circumstances.

Believe me you do NOT want to see a ghost, An Aetheric echo is another matter and though I have encountered spirit's in my lifetime (not a nice experience in my case) I have not as far as I am aware experienced an Aetheric echo.

There are I must say many type's of spiritual encounter's from time slip type episode's in which people find themselves almost in another world or encounter living people and places that they can then never find again but which they sometime's then find out USED to exist but have been gone for a long time, those I would put into the Spirit category and most often GOOD spirit category, I unfortunately have never had one of these encounter's but believe they serve a purpose, what that purpose is though, well it may be to protect or to simply show those people cought up in these encounters and they range from people visiting country estates here in england finding themselves walking in the garden's and thinking they were seeing actors in period costume only later to find that time was off on there watches and for the national trust whom owned the old mansion to tell them were was no one dressed in period costume,. Too a couple getting lost in France and finding a pleasant little guest house were they stayed the night, had delicious meal's and met the lovely elderly couple who ran that guest house only when they decided to return to find that it did not exist and after further digging they found out there had been such a guest house but that had been before WW2.

Now what you are talking about remind's me of this.
www.britannia.com...
It has become a tourist attraction but I believe the story to be true,
Here is a tourist mobile of the tourist tour of that cellar.
[yvid]wNNDPsRAj9o[yvid]

There are also other type's, a ghost that is locked in it's last memory's or refusing to leave, often spirit's are only here because of unfinished business, something they had to do but did not but other time's trauma may be the reason or even them revisiting a place they were happy or that had strong emotional identity for them.

The Egyptian's wrapped there dead and built home's for them because they thought that if a spirit forgot who it was then it faded away, this was why the Egyptian king's tried to make themselves immortal through stone.

But today we believe in other world's like heaven, hell and pergatory (Bardo to the buddhists were a soul waits and is judged before moving on to it's next world or reincarnated).

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

1st.-Whats the definition of a "ghost"?
2nd.-Why do they have to be from the past?

Youre giving them only one definition...let alone not being able to prove they even exist. (I believe they do...) but they could be "visions", "spirit-forms" from the present or from the future. We just dont know.

So, your question is hypothetical...when so is whether or not "ghosts" exist to begin with. Hard to answer...when they'd need to be explained 1st, right?
edit on 4-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: splchkr

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Good point but you are stepping into living doppelganger and tulpa territory there.
Some living doppelgangers have been recorded, with the exception that the person whom is seen or even interacted with is alive and somewhere else they are almost like ghost's in many respect's.
Tulpa's a forbidden and ancient mystic practic of some Tibetan Shamen was the ability to create life like images of being's or animal's through intense meditation and concentration to project this creation of there mind's into the world or into other's mind's, it was considered extremely dangerous as a Tulpa would struggle for control and could in some cases make there creator there slave, only idiot's may apply kind of mysticism, of course for Buddhist's a tulpa was no different to a mandala (pattern made of sand that is only temporary) and there strong belief that not only it but the world itself was an illusion may have helped to insulate them from it.
Voodu doll's (And identical sympathetic magic fetished from all over the world) you may be interested to know worked on a related type of mysticism but one that sought to bind the target's reality to the surrogate doll or fetish which would then be used to manipulate or harm them.

Odd isn's it when you think of Parrallel reality's in quantum theory and spiritualists of the past talking about other world's and vibration's as well as modern Quantum theory talking about entanglement and these ancient sorcery's using sympathetic connections' between disparate places in order to influence them, it goes even further, teleportation theory and spiritual apportation which is essentially the same thing, an object moved from one place to another instantly.

Could indeed our reality just be a metamorphic phase and our true nature be as far more advanced life form's with a far higher technology which is one with there state of consciousness?, or could our reality itself be subject to a superior reality and our own status within that hierarchy be very much a question we may never understand from our perspective.

Of course for religious people like me we believe in a higher authority that both audit's and adjudicate's over our long term destiny's even if our short term one's are very much our own concern.
edit on 4-9-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

An explanation isnt necessary. I purposely LEFT OUT Tulpas and Dooplegangers. The OP just addressed
ghosts matter of factly. Ive lived in haunted house more than once.

But that doesnt give a specific definition or confirmation that ghosts exist...whether you and I believe in them or not.

Its like U.F.O.'s. Can we PROVE that things are not-able to be identified flying around? Sure. (they remain UN-identified-so the point is moot) they arent aliens or visitors from the future...they are UNIDENTIFIABLE things. True.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
yes, when we are defining ghost/haunting as a passive rather than active/aggressive - and especially when the experience includes non human ghosts, especially inanimate objects, such as a spectral coach.

Classic example being the late Harry Martindale's account of seeing roman soldiers in York which included details only confirmed as accurate some years later.

edit on 4-9-2016 by RudeCherub because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Some interesting thoughts in here. I guess we could break it down into 2 distinct types of what we call "ghosts".
The residual, and the real. It is possible that the two may not even be related in method or purpose. The residual being some manifestation of energy created in the past, a projection. The real having a spiritual nature, interactive with some cognizant properties and existing in the present.

Mind boggling, just attempting to understand what a residual manifestation consists of. How it is recorded and why, and what is recording it and why is it triggered on a seemingly random schedule, if it is indeed random! It makes you think that it is possible that we see things everyday that are not real and do not even notice it.

The concept that the immediate "space" of where the original event occurred is preserved, thus people and things walking through walls on surfaces long buried below the current surface. The fact that the residuals are really not "people" at all, they are seen with clothes on, with other artifacts like horses and carriages.... that are presented in the projections....
That would mean the majority of these manifestations occur below ground and in the air as well... tied to a specific geometric point in which they originally occurred.... Fantastic speculation that can keep you up at night, just thinking of how or why it is occurring.

As far as ghosts go... this residual effect is probably the one thing our science will probably prove out some day. What that energy is, and why it is occasionally seen may have something to do with time itself and some kind of "leakage" from timelines we suspect that exist all around us... perhaps further evidence that the past, present and future all occur in the now.

edit on 4-9-2016 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Excellent posts everyone and just had a mad thought is that I wonder if a real ghost/spirt has ever encountered a residual projection ghost ?

The York one is very interesting.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

wonder if a real ghost/spirt has ever encountered a residual projection ghost ?

my belief in real ghosts ie earthbound souls is limited, I don't rule it out - but it doesn't make sense to me.
I tend to think ghosts of the dead are almost always a recording in the fabric of reality made perhaps by intense emotion, however the recording is made, the later accessibility seems contingent on how high/intense the recording level was and how sensitive the observer.

It is my belief that the soul dies, and the spirit returns to God. That said the spiritual body is more than spirit and soul, and I know many use spirit and soul interchangeably. They aren't. But there is power/ strength, mind and heart at least. It maybe some part of these can be left behind. That there maybe a spiritual corpse - a spirit parallel of the material physical corpse.

The difference between the ghost that passively replays, and the kind that triggers sleep paralysis, is the presence of demonic energy, which is also fabricated by human power/ strength. There is a need with these kind - akin to the virus' need to replicate, to experience life, and so the image of life lived, the ghost, and or the spirit corpse, is the next best thing to living.

So this is what happens I believe to change a vanilla haunting into the kind that interacts.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
See from a previous post I have seen what I thought was a spirit in the form of slow moving wave like smoke in my old house ( a friend saw it as well), yet 2 doors down the couple have had 2 Ghost encounter's with one being tour typical victorian lady just standing there for a few seconds and 7 years later the husband saw a man with a metal neck brace and leather overalls staring at the kitchen wall and then faded after 20 seconds or so, BTW they knocked the wall down and found it was made out of papers from the late 1800's ?.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
See from a previous post I have seen what I thought was a spirit in the form of slow moving wave like smoke in my old house ( a friend saw it as well), yet 2 doors down the couple have had 2 Ghost encounter's with one being tour typical victorian lady just standing there for a few seconds and 7 years later the husband saw a man with a metal neck brace and leather overalls staring at the kitchen wall and then faded after 20 seconds or so, BTW they knocked the wall down and found it was made out of papers from the late 1800's ?.

Sure thats a replay, I think *everything* is recorded, ie akashic record, just some are louder than others.

It's a while since I've seen anything, when I did it was to me black and white, I was working in antiques - so absolutely objects, like newspapers, are potential links

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RudeCherub

I have never seen a proper figure but off to the library on Friday to find out who lived at the address 2 doors down as all house's were built around late 1800/1900's.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I didn't until my twenties when working in antiques, I can only guess they followed me home from the shop.

Three figures stand out.

First, was an attack, woke up into Sleep Paralysis, saw a face, which morphed into a grinning wolf like appearance, bearing interlocking dagger teeth - like long triangular teeth of a man-trap.

Second and third were similar, no paralysis but clear figures, I don't recall faces but one was male, in a flap cap and waistcoat, the second female long hair, and a dress with big flower print.

I was bolt awake, and alarmed, first time I reached out at the intruder, an instinctive swipe, and in doing so the man seemed to fall back out of reach.
Second time was almost identical but I fell out of bed as I reached, my hand went through the apparition and she appeared quite startled, as was I with my hand on the carpet, through her, and holding me half in bed half out. She too seemed to fade into the floor.

Let me know how you come on!

top topics

join