It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Above stupid positivity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

If you feel comfortable being negative, your always going to be
looking for someone positive to put down. Being cynical becomes your way.
Your a winner because your above stupid positivity,
there is some truth to that!You are putting yourself up there.
But always on the shoulders of others, you just don t realize that you
have become co dependent on others for your style.
Of course one can negate the dependency issue, but how would it be if
you found yourself alone on a desert island?
Maybe if that negativity was aimed at oneself, does that feel comfortable?
Same goes with positivity its a little different as it is self generated,
even still one looks for people that like your own type of positivity.
The cool positive model, thing is we would have to say,
If one is fooling themselves they may just be fooling everybody else that’s ready to lap it up.
Here is where sincerity could come in, wouldn’t it just be better to live in a sincere world?
I know that sounds like a dream if ever I have heard one,
but we could just of start with ourselves just being sincere.
No expectancy from others just living a sincere life and when being pulled in to a false situation,
not being taken in by the negative or the positive.
Definitively something worth giving a try!
This doesn’t mean that one has to become over emotional all the time, or all sit around
in confession. It just points to a more direct way of living.
Cutting the crap and cutting the hype and lets see where we stand. Who knows it could a nice space to be.
edit on 4-9-2016 by ancientthunder because: spell update

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Of course one can negate the dependency issue, but how would it be if
you found yourself alone on a desert island?

Everyone should spend a portion of their lives 'stranded on a desert island'.Teaches humbleness, changes perspective, builds in dependence.

I'm giving classes on dumpster diving and living under bridges. For those interested, I can be reached under overpass 2250.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I cant see positive and sincere function together. But you are right, the cynical point of view comes from looking at others but rarely have to do with positive things.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Gawd, I really enjoy your comments lately.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The path less travel is a more peaceful and tranquil journey.
That is what I got out of your post anyways. Thank You !!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Let me pose another observation. Pessimists while embracing the negative, strive to find the positive... How..? By having expectation of the worst, they are usually rewarded in their expectations, thus any positive event that takes place is outside their expectations and a bonus.

(opinion).... I believe this is how negative people derive the bonus/pleasure of events positive in nature, and avoid disappointment in their lives. No one is really happy in their misery, at least not level headed individuals, thus it is their safeguard.

Rings of 'oxymoron' huh....!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thank you for these insights. You described many people from my past I had to let go. It gets so tiresome after a while, with as you say "supporting their style". This is odd, and I probably shouldn't say it, but in remembering those people, they were all male. Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder I prefer to be neither at the bottom, not on the top. I love it in the middle, in the center of the mosh, who's next to me will have it, and I'll have his/hers. But no, we won't ever cry for our bruises like baby ATSrs, cos we're both the same, we don't give a damn.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

in the center of the mosh
a reply to: Argentbenign
Yes that sounds like the place to be, but it may not be an exact location. But is a space that is always available.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I am with you. Thats what I strive for.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I admire your philosophy expressed in this forum... a lot!

If you feel comfortable being negative, your always going to be looking for someone positive to put down. Being cynical becomes your way.

Some people unfortunately have been conditioned along their life path to the point of only feeling comfortable when uncomfortable.

Of course one can negate the dependency issue, but how would it be if you found yourself alone on a desert island?

We exist in a participatory universe where what we observe and experience in life gives rise to information which in turn shapes our reality. To negate dependency, we unconsciously still allow our beliefs formed through interactions with others to influence us - even in isolation and in moments of introspection. Our understanding of what it means to be human arises from interaction with other humans and we incorporate this into our every moment of existence - even when alone and attempting to be non-dependant.

Higher consciousness (not the sames as the typical new age meaning) to me is having the privilege of being able to access the higher mind - the seat of imagination, empathy and impartial judgement.

Here is where sincerity could come in, wouldn’t it just be better to live in a sincere world? I know that sounds like a dream if ever I have heard one, but we could just of start with ourselves just being sincere. No expectancy from others just living a sincere life and when being pulled in to a false situation, not being taken in by the negative or the positive. Definitively something worth giving a try!

In such states of higher consciousness, in the way I have defined its meaning, one tends to move beyond self-interests and personal desires. We are able to become more empathetic via the use of imagination. Rather than criticize and attack, one understands that negative behaviour of others arises from untold pressures that another cannot fully comprehend unless they walk in their shoes. One then understands that anger or vitriol expressed by others are symptoms of hurt rather than the person being *evil* or *negative* and *hateful*.

If one is fooling themselves they may just be fooling everybody else that’s ready to lap it up.

Empathy and acceptance of others no matter their flaws, to me, is living in a sincere world. Most importantly, acceptance of SELF is paramount. I believe many don't accept others because they unconsciously don't accept themselves fully. Many portray a false image in this world out of fear of being rejected for being their authentic self. How does one live in a sincere world if this fundamental flaw exist?

Admitting that I'm not always empathetic, compassionate, hardly a saint, that I possess many faults, and character flaws of my own reflects sincerity.

This doesn’t mean that one has to become over emotional all the time, or all sit around in confession. It just points to a more direct way of living.

I aspire to sing with angels, but every now and then, I end up dancing with the devil.
edit on 4-9-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your apreciation and concise brakedown of the points. It lovely to be able to simple share and for more sharing to come back in return.a reply to: Involutionist

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

One thing that exists is what I've deemed "the positive hater".

It's when a person masks their negativity with positive behaviors and sayings. It's effective and very manipulative. You can convince whole scores of people that bullying a person is the right and positive thing to do for whatever reason and if they just "live, laugh, and love" everything will be okay.

People searching to be accepted into a certain social group so they take the abuse, while not getting anything of value out of it or gaining anything other than seeing how a certain group views them.

Something else to add. Some people see negativity as a positive thing, and being positive as a weakness. It's not so much as being "Above Stupid Positivity" as it is seeing the underlying sociological and psychological reasons why a person or group of people do what they do.

Street gangs for instance, the more violent they are the more dangerous their reputation the less likely it is for people to challenge them, which leads to more money in their pockets through criminal activities.

Church on the other hand the more positive and motivational a preacher is the bigger their congregation and more money in the churches pocket.

Not so much about being "above stupid positivity" as it is identifying the underlying motivations on why people act the way they act.
edit on 4-9-2016 by gpols because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
yes I agree, that is called in my jargon finding the true intentions or the motavating force behind a person. Not as easy as we would like to believe. That is a more intense subject compared to my original post. Well worth a whole post, why dont you give it a go. Im sure it would be beneficial.a reply to: gpols

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
.. why dont you give it a go. Im sure it would be beneficial.a reply to: gpols

Nah. Too much attention. It fits in with the topic at hand and gets the point across.

I think what I posted is also enough to help you in finding ways to achieve what you wish.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Below Smart Negativity. Thats your answer man. If you can get below negative smartness, you will become one with the ONE.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

I cant see positive and sincere function together. But you are right, the cynical point of view comes from looking at others but rarely have to do with positive things.

the "cynical point of view" comes from being screwed over by people you trusted.....

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

the "cynical point of view" comes from being screwed over by people you trusted.....

Passive aggressive behavior is the worst, because you don't ever find out from the person/people that don't like you. It's always through the grape vine and usually from people that you don't had no idea existence but were aware of yours.

Imagine how much it would suck finding out you were set-up by your "friends" when you're attending your criminal trial....

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: tikbalang

Yes that is where the negative types insert their poison and one way or another you become like them. There are two ways with that, either you come out more convinced that you dont want to become that model or you succumb.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
yep that is another way of doing it! whatever works and at the same time one does not become co dependant.a reply to: HUMBLEONE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join