It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would crowd funded Direct Cancer research lead to a better chance of a avilable cure in 2016???.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have asked this as yet again another good lead in the cure for Cancer seems to be coming to light and like all the rest I guess this will go to the way side and no real information being published in a update.

I have read thread after thread about Cancer and how cures are suppressed or that very good leads "seem" to be hijacked with what appears to be nefarious means.

Just a quick search of this site brings up copious amounts of information on the subject.

I am shocked and stunned by the amount of £££$$$$$ that has been pumped into research into the multi Billions and since I can remember I have heard we are X amount of years from a cure that never comes.

I fully understand that Cancer is complex and comes in many forms, but really we still have not found that silver bullet that means humanity does not have to live with this terrible disease. We have tech that is beyond belief, we can tear a human body down to the smallest of molecules. We have super computers that can process mind bending amounts of Data yet we cannot get near a full cure after all this time??. And the ironic thing is that they nearly have to kill you with chemo to have a chance of curing you..

Would it not be better to crowd fund individual trials such as the one in the below link rather than Trusting the large charities or Governments to give the funds and support for a cure?..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On a personal note my dealings with senior members of a certain big Cancer research body about 15 years ago really opened my eyes to what these places stand for, they are nothing more than businesses with corporate people at the helm that are lining their own pockets, but then as a good patron of ATS I guess I am preaching to the quire.

Rather than a lead waiting for funding from the Government or one of the Cancer research Cartels they can get direct funding from the public and it would also be far easier to see how the money is spent and documentation and control would be far easier to track by the crowd fund members. I do not know if the cure is suppressed by big Pharma I can only go on what I hear. I would be far happier giving my money directly to a Lab or smaller research team than a floated research body that then swallows up the cash and so the cycle continues.. I just think the odds of foul play would be greatly reduced and the chance of sabotage far lower.

If you was the head of a business that had obtained the funding that Cancer research has and then shown the results after this time span would it not be classed a miserable failure???... Yet we still keep funding the same organisations, what if there is a cure that is easily obtained probably naturally then what happens?.

To say that people who have a vested interest in this have humanity at the core of their thinking is laughable.

It's 2016, I see no reason why we cannot go about this a different way, my son is 17 months old will he still have to worry about Cancer when he is 40??.. If that was the case what the hell are we doing??..

I will say now please do not feel I am being ignorant to the many good people that work for charities on the ground and devote their time to people with this disease. This is just a open question that I would like the good people here to think about.. Or of someone can come up with a better way to get this f#cking curse of humanity off our backs...

RA
edit on 4-9-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
That's a good idea, but it doesn't address the route cause of why a cancer cure is not widely available to us. The problem is that potential cures are being excluded from clinical trials. Without the clinical trials, any positive results are not taken seriously. Crowd funding may enable the discovery of more potential cures, but unless they are allowed to be tested in clinical trials, they will never see the light of day. No amount of crowd funding is going to remove that hurdle.

As is usually always the case, the best interests of mankind rarely coincide with shareholders interests and never outrank them.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Actually I am against a research for cancer cures. Sheep live should not be honored and promoted, neither respected and saved. a reply to: slider1982

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
Actually I am against a research for cancer cures. Sheep live should not be honored and promoted, neither respected and saved. a reply to: slider1982

I take it you consider yourself to be a wolf ?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Surly the money would be better spent on finding a full proof preventative than a cure, there must be a reason why cancer has started to increase dramatically. I personally think its to do with air pollution and the rise in diesel cars the fuel does not burn efficiently and kicks out alot of nasty fumes.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Erased double post, ATS mobile is crazy.

edit on 4-9-2016 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

(post by Argentbenign removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed I don't eat sheep, but I would prefer my kids to not become limited soulless personalities', because of the prolonged life and chance for inducing greater and greater impact to their surroundings of nihilistic and disgustly fetishist beings, who live without honor.

If you have cancer, take it with pride , do your bidding and enjoy the journey. I ain't myself the top healthiest person in the world, but I take no other pill, more than the ones for headache if necessary, and this is just because my wife both this crap, and visit no doctor, unless a tooth pain arises.

[snipped]

And what of toddlers that have Cancer should they just suck it up and get on with dying??

RA
edit on 9.4.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lompyt
Surly the money would be better spent on finding a full proof preventative than a cure, there must be a reason why cancer has started to increase dramatically. I personally think its to do with air pollution and the rise in diesel cars the fuel does not burn efficiently and kicks out alot of nasty fumes.

Personal conclusion I would say is a diet high in animal products,

A very good documentry on this is called fork over knives and anyone interested should find this compeling all be it with a big dose of why the average western diet and the high numbers of cancer in modernised western countries is so high..

RA

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982
I am sorry friend, my respects, you have the right for your opinion, but your remark sounds like brainwashed moralism. It's called nature's selection, go visit real people with real moral structure, like tribes in South America or the last ones in Africa and see how they easy cope with death, also of their children.

Coca cola drains brains, but it was hard for me to believe that it could change moral values too... With all this US/EU programming, the world will go nowhere...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
We already know the cure for cancer. It's in all the 'spontaneous remissions' that are never investigated because there's no money in it.

Capitalism is good for some things, but it sucks at motivation when certain actions will reduce profits.

People think chemo and radiation treat cancer because part of the time the treatment doesn't kill outright (part of the time, it does) and an apparent remission happens.

This is almost invariably followed by a more aggressive disease occurring a few years later and the oncologist's response will be 'oh well, sorry about that'. They buy you a few years in exchange for every penny in your pocket and poison you going forward permanently.

Some day this will be seen as barbaric. Now, it's just 'standard of care' and business as usual.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed The wrong thing is that you can't cope with the truth of my words. Your intelligence did not even have the desire to make cognition in return. Sad.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

There is a big difference between what you deem truth and stupid, sadly you cannot tell what that is

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Just as important as finding a cure for cancer, is finding the cause(s) of cancer and it's rapid growth.
Unfortunately, a cure would severely eat into profits of the pharmaceutical corporations, and finding the cause would likewise harm corporate profits.
In a way, don't we already fund this though? Cumulatively, how much do you think is raised by fundraisers for the big charities to carry out research across the world every year? But there is still no progress on a cure, just expensive "management" regimes and drugs, a lot of which is publicly funded yet patented for profit by the big pharma corporations.

Each day, people apply chemicals to themselves to make themselves look good, smell good, and go about their daily lives using the latest tech gadgets the marketing men tell us we all "need", while the production of which pollutes the planet. We all eat the foods doused with chemicals, and breath in the air full of particulate matter, but it's all ok and quite safe.

I am not saying we all need to return to a medieval existence without technology, but surely there are better ways of doing things rather than the destructive profit led systems we currently have in place, which are harmful and likely killing us!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

I am not saying we all need to return to a medieval existence without technology, but surely there are better ways of doing things rather than the destructive profit led systems we currently have in place, which are harmful and likely killing us!

The movie elysium is likely not that far from where we are now, only the rich can have the cure....

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

, like tribes in South America or the last ones in Africa and see how they easy cope with death, also of their children.

As you are a obvious source for this information can you please clarify the average IQ for a tribes men that you have visited and what tribes you have spent times with in what location??.. Or what you would expect their IQ to be??.

That information is relevant when you look at death.

RA
edit on 4-9-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Cancer drugs and chemotherapy are very expensive. The are generally covered by insurance plans, especialy Medicaid and Mediicare.

Why in the world would a cancer cure ever be allowed to be available to the general public?

Of course the cure exists, and has for a long time.

Crowd funding? Big Pharma has already killed any cure.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

There will NEVER be a one size fits all cure for cancer.

Cancer is a a very very broad term. They come in all diffrent shapes and sizes with there own cause and characteristics.
That means there each need there own tailred treatments.

All medical science can do it work on ways to make make each diffrent cancer treatable.

Thats why some cancers today can already be cured and others are still a death sentence.

The problem is not that you hear about this new "cures" and then Pharma sits on them.

The problem is scientists release infomation about a very positive treatment for a certain type of cancer then the media hyping it as a cure to all cancers.

edit on 4-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

After all of your reading, you should first of all understand that there are dozens of different cancers. My wife died from type, and I've had another. So it is absolutely ludicrous to be talking about "a cure for cancer" as if a magical pill can be developed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join