It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White nationalist movement growing much faster than Isis on Twitter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

of course being her son there is absolutely nothing I can teach her, and of course being the parent she thinks all of that nonsense is something I need to learn... I don't want to be a bitter fruit and never have so it's left us at odds many times.

There's a lot to be said about the generation gap in all this discord. We sort of gaze on society like it's one level - now. Really it's more dynamic and involves different groups AND the different generations. An example could be the UK polls about leaving Europe; the majority of post-50s wanted to leave and the majority of under-25s wanted to remain. That's a polarity right there.

My parents have some similarities to yours. We used to bicker and argue about politics and race until I learned to shut up about it and we all keep the subject off the table. Maturity/age taught me how they can have their mildly racist outlooks because they aren't acting on them. They would always help anyone if the need arose and they are both very kind, decent people. I still bristle at the stereotypes they use and if my mum was on ATS she'd be in the anti-Islam threads panicking with the best of them.

Like you say, it's 'people' and we come in all colours and all ages. I don't think racism will ever go away because we're naturally tribal. It should never be allowed to gain prominence in society because it's corrosive and ultimately violent. It's on the rise right now and will have to go much further before people learn again why it's abhorrent.

I've wondered too if the social media animosity is a true representation of humanity's uglier side and truly hope it isn't. Optimism and caution could be watchwords for the rest of this decade.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So it's time , eh ?

Concerned Caucasian Community not the Kike Kicking Klan .

There you have it .

None of that harsh KKK sound , instead much pleasant CCC sound .

GrandTurk

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Its one of our greatest weakness that how we dont see us humans equal to beging with but the funny thing is we arent born like this, its teached to us as we grow and this world of reality show does back it up.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Op dont you know, white people are living throughs a holocaust, its ok for them to come out of the closet to be openly racist again, just like in the usa where they have been living a nightmare under the evil obama, oh and you cant forget all the lynchings from the blm crowd.

I am so sad for white people. Its so tough being white, but trump will save us.

Choo choo trump train

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Finally back in the office this morning eh? Will you be with us past 5PM today?

edit on 4-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Finally back in the office this morning eh? Will you be with us past 5PM today?

Its sunday and rainy, i might pull in some overtime.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think most white skinned people would be happy if the same people they've been defending and standing with against racism from white racists had done the same when the same was done against white skinned folk by non white skinned racists.

That's where the disconnect really started.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
Until the double standards stop, calling everyone bigots and racist stop, expect the movement to multiply.

It divides the country.

Right, so we should just give up our freedom of speech to please the nazi scum ?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I think most white skinned people would be happy if the same people they've been defending and standing with against racism from white racists had done the same when the same was done against white skinned folk by non white skinned racists.

That's where the disconnect really started.

So whitey is all alone against the evil tide of racism, dammit does that mean that i should play the victim and start defending white racist, well because i am white.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I'm not defending white racists, but I'm making damn sure those responsible for helping spread it know it. I'm against racism, plain and simple, why aren't you?

Why should white people or black people or any other color stand alone against racism? Aren't we supposed to be fighting against prejudice and for equality together?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Those who are stronger does stand up for bullies of any colour, because they understand how it is the same sh1t from other way around etc, there`s not much difference between us but the things we chose to believe separetes us.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I'm not defending white racists, but I'm making damn sure those responsible for helping spread it know it. I'm against racism, plain and simple, why aren't you?

Why should white people or black people or any other color stand alone against racism? Aren't we supposed to be fighting against prejudice and for equality together?

I never knew i was pro racism, so it seems i am racist againt white racist, dammit i am going to have to put my self down, pick on myself, goin to be a rough day lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Do you EVER have anything constructive to add to any discussion you jump in on? Can you quote yourself one single time ever?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Do you EVER have anything constructive to add to any discussion you jump in on? Can you quote yourself one single time ever?

Do you find this to be a positive comment adding to this conversation?

Physician, heal thyself.

Racism is and has been prevalent in our society. Anyone who denies this fact is denying reality.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Let them fight ISIS, we can stand aside and eat popcorns and make bets.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Explain the "poor whitey all alone against the tide of racism comment" then? Cause my comment you were responding to was about racism against whites by non whites not being allowed to be called racist, and had nothing to do with defending racism by whites.

Or are you one of those people that think being white makes you immune to prejudice and discrimination.

The biggest fight to me seems to be between three groups.

There's the white skinned racists.

There's the non white skinned racists. (Edit: And self hating white skinned racists)

Then there's people like me in the middle (whom are a mix, and honestly probably the majority, encompassing every skin color and ethnicity) of these two groups saying your both #ing nuts and we're getting sick and tired of being caught between two groups of bigots feeding off each others bull#.
edit on 9/4/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think the problem here is that we all have been taught socially (and that don't mean that every single one of you follows what you've been taught socially) to ignore racism from those who have been traditionally victimized by racism.

Among some academics, this is taken a step farther. The argument is made that a minority race cannot be "racist" as they have no power to assert that racism in policy, actions or behavior.

Which of course is absolute BS.

In possible reaction to that trend, but more likely as a continuation of the codling of racists embraced in their Southern Strategy, the Republican party and their supporters have desperately tried in the last decade to float the idea that racism, as such, is a thing of the past.

That matured during the Republican opposition to anything Obama to the ridiculous claims that it's actually those who are standing up against racism who are the racists.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

there are black people alive today who had to sit at the back of the bus because of their skin color. weren't allowed to enter certain places.

but, i know, white folks have had it so hard.

this new white persecution complex is so gross it's embarrassing, imo. THANK GOD i don't have anyone close to me that feels this. if my husband did, i'd be so turned off
(

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

You know what else happened back then, white skinned folk being burned alive standing up for people who weren't white.

We've been in this fight together since the beginning, because many people of all colors realize we're all just people together regardless of skin color.

Let's not forget that and give people a pass just cause their skin color isn't the most prevalent, or the people they target are.

We're all people together regardless of skin color, and prejudice against one color is prejudice against all colors, because it divides rather than unites us.

Either you stand opposed to racism, regardless of the color attacked, or you are directly responsible for it's continuation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join