It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must light move?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox
Hey FlyingFox, I will just try and give a basic, rudimentary response. Light is a form of energy. Its' existence among many other things is to emenate protons which are ambient and organically charged particles which expand, stretch and move.

This is shown by viewing any Star. Billions of light years away, our latest technology can see this ambient energy still expanding and hence becoming visible. The energy is limited, so at some point the light/power diminishes the further it travels.....but it moves and does not stand stagnant.

That is about the best that I can describe it. I hope that sheds some 'light' on the subject. Sorry for the pun.

Peace

KD

edit on 5-9-2016 by Darkinsider because: sentence structure

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Light is the product of energy an effect of energy
The nature of the energy is yet to be discovered or properly explained/understood in a Cosmic sense

Rather like the question of God existence
Or the prime cause of there being any life at all
edit on 5-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2016 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If you see a red light turn on in the distance, did a red light turn on? What if I were a blue light than shone through a million lenses and mirrors to eventually hit you as a blue light and you turned the light on in the first instance?

What if there were enough prisms, mirrors and lenses to keep the light bouncing around after you turned on and off a light then moved 20 paces left to see it turn on and off?

You could do that.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

If you approach a red light fast enough, The doppler effect will turn it into a green light relative to you.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hmm, red shift suggests waves. I wonder if there's a way to collapse it into particles and negate the frequency shift....just for fun.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Uncertainty principle maybe? Since there COULD be particles occupying a volume of space...there are...just for REALLY short periods of time. Absorption and emission takes time, thus slowing light down from an infinite potential.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The key to unlock the secrets of the universe lies within the very question you've asked. I assure you of it. I urge you to continue digging. What is the best way to hide something? Right infront of your face, so that you DO NOT question it. There is a completely different story to the world than what we're told.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Um pro tip.

Bedlams an OG. A DARPAish physicist and engineer with a PHD. where'd you get your degree?

Also, he kinda really, really really, really really really knows what hes talking about
edit on 8-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I'm glad he has so many crutches one made of paper and one made of you.

I am discussing a topic giving an opinion whether you or anyone else likes it thinks its educated or not are their thoughts, I take their thoughts in concideration to all standard models and theorums I have read and understood and splice them together with my own study in objectivity all of it has merit even the drawings on cave walls and on into the future as a whole on the very topic itself adding to it in human experience... taking away from any of it? Theivery as if they own the entire concept.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Bedlam doesnt need any crutches or my defending him.

Have fun arguing with a guy who literally knows enough to run circles around you with real world knowlege directly pertaining to your interests.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I am glad the fellow holds a lot of esteem in your eyes thats a lot of pressure to place on him... having no esteem in your eyes myself? No pressure perhaps Bedlam could be so lucky...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Light photons radiate. "Visible light is a particular type of electromagnetic radiation and travels though space in the form of a wave."
Photons can be temporally contained by the accretion disc of a black hole and eventually expelled from it by it's magnetic polar jets.

Photons have momentum and can propel a starship with a proper thrust proportion.
"Would a flashlight in space have thrust?"

Link for second quote:
www.quora.com...
edit on 8-9-2016 by Erno86 because: link work

edit on 8-9-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 8-9-2016 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 8-9-2016 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Particles are more like a huge swarm of jellyfish tenticles all of them entangled in various densities natural and artificial EM has a primer field nature like a huge sphereical bubble that charged particles in the vacuum of space or plasma move around in gravity is a huge outward yet large flat standing wave directly out from a core this can be seen by ringed planets that form moons etc such as saturn...

Semolina Pilchard
Climbing up the Eiffel tower
Elementary penguin singing Hare Krishna
Man, you should have seen them kicking
Edgar Allen Poe

I am the eggman
They are the eggmen
I am the walrus
Goo goo g' joob

i think we're done here.

edit on 9-9-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

If a photon is outside linear time until it collapses into a particle, then mabey it dosn't collapse into a particle,we just interpret it as doing so.Because if its outside linear time, theirs no reason for it to engage with linear time.Its already at the speed of light , because it is light, and we know what happens at that speed with regards to time.So if its at the speed of light, then its fifty fifty that it could conceivably exist in the past as well as the present.Because if it went a little faster it would go backwards in time,a little slower forwards in time.If its on the cusp, its either doing both or neither?.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Bedlam is held in high regard by not just the physicists and engineers here at ATS but also by folks in lofty positions outside ATS where that subject matter you seem to be interested in is his daily business and nearly unsurpassed expertise.

I wouldnt worry about the pressure i put on him. I worry about the pressure the military, federal govt and elite contractors put on him to routinely achieve the impossible .

If you knew anything about him you have the utmost respect for the guy.

edit on 9-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Never said I didn't respect the fellow but respect is something mutually given... agree to disagree no biggie

p.s. can your nose get any browner? People at the peak in some fields want equals or someone familiar with the crap enough to give them an ah ha something they haven't considered as a perspective... they don't want a bunch of hapless followers licking boots and if they do it is from ego what happens then? They stop innovating, investigating, questioning or basically quit being objective to wallow in some fanfare or prestige f-ck that noise because that's all it is.

Noses in the air? Like I f-cking care... it's ridiculous, pompous and asinine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join