It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Alt-Right White Nationalism Straight From Milo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've now posted the link to this article 4x on ATS. This will actually be my 5th. Why? Because the denial runs really friggin deep and I know that no matter what I say, it's going to fall on deaf ears.

However, maybe when it's coming directly from ATS favorite Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent figure within the alt-right, it will finally get passed that filter of denialism.

The "alt-right" isn't a creation of the media or the Clinton campaign that was dreamed up "two weeks ago" as I've seen several members state recently. The alt-right named itself. The alt-right has been around. The alt-right is in fact centrally focused on what any objective and sane person could reasonable call "white nationalism." If that term triggers you, choose another. I'm sure before it's over, many of you will unfortunately be passively memorizing (*wink*) the dog whistles anyway. (OH NO I DIDN'T)

Without further ado, from March of this year and published on Breitbart Trump News:

An Establishment Conservative’s Guide To The Alt-Right

The alternative right, more commonly known as the alt-right, is an amorphous movement. Some — mostly Establishment types — insist it’s little more than a vehicle for the worst dregs of human society: anti-Semites, white supremacists, and other members of the Stormfront set. They’re wrong. Previously an obscure subculture, the alt-right burst onto the national political scene in 2015. Although initially small in number, the alt-right has a youthful energy and jarring, taboo-defying rhetoric that have boosted its membership and made it impossible to ignore.

The amount of column inches generated by the alt-right is a testament to their cultural punch. But so far, no one has really been able to explain the movement’s appeal and reach without desperate caveats and virtue-signalling to readers.

In case you're not familiar with "virtue-signalling" (virtue signaling) it's not all that different from "dog-whistle" in practical terms but seems to have gained some preference from right-wing polemicists. As you can see, even dear Milo refers to it as the "alt-right" and he was doing it at least 5 months before Hillary Clinton did in her panty-bunching-inducing speech. That's because *gasp* it ain't some pejorative that was made up last week. In fact, one "node" (his words) of the alt-right webosphere is literally called, AlternativeRight:

The media empire of the modern-day alternative right coalesced around Richard Spencer during his editorship of Taki’s Magazine. In 2010, Spencer founded AlternativeRight.com, which would become a center of alt-right thought.

Notice it's even called a "media empire" — kudos for that bit of candor. Next up, for those who arguing about in another thread from today about how the media was unfairly linking Ron Paul supporters with Trump and the alt-right:

Isolationists, pro-Russians and ex-Ron Paul supporters frustrated with continued neoconservative domination of the Republican party were also drawn to the alt-right, who are almost as likely as the anti-war left to object to overseas entanglements.

What about that white nationalism I spoke of? This paragraph kills me:

There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence. Skinheads, by and large, are low-information, low-IQ thugs driven by the thrill of violence and tribal hatred. The alternative right are a much smarter group of people — which perhaps suggests why the Left hates them so much. They’re dangerously bright.

"Above all else" the thing that separates the alt-right from "old-school racist skinheads" is that the alt-righters are smarter than the hairless tattooed knuckle dragging losers in doc martins?

Well well! I beg your pardon you unfairly maligned alt-righters. I did not mean to imply that you might be a tad bit ra— oh wait, isn't that a tacit admission of the movent's racial motivations? Yikes.

Let's move along here. There's a nice section where white nationalism is spun as some other crap called "natural conservatism." It's a bit more sophisticated than the old klan spiel about how "it's not racist to love your own people."

Let's see how this white people first (remember, it's the Left that's divisive folks, believe me!) "instinct" is explained:

Natural conservatives can broadly be described as the group that the intellectuals above were writing for. They are mostly white, mostly male middle-American radicals, who are unapologetically embracing a new identity politics that prioritises the interests of their own demographic.

In their politics, these new conservatives are only following their natural instincts — the same instincts that motivate conservatives across the globe. These motivations have been painstakingly researched by social psychologist Jonathan Haidt, and an instinct keenly felt by a huge swathe of the political population: the conservative instinct.

The conservative instinct, as described by Haidt, includes a preference for homogeneity over diversity, for stability over change, and for hierarchy and order over radical egalitarianism. Their instinctive wariness of the foreign and the unfamiliar is an instinct that we all share – an evolutionary safeguard against excessive, potentially perilous curiosity – but natural conservatives feel it with more intensity. They instinctively prefer familiar societies, familiar norms, and familiar institutions.

Deny all you want but it's right there in black & white folks (light gray on darker gray?). The proverbial cat is out of the bag (made from a klansman's hood no doubt).

The alt-right is mostly white people who prefer white people, prefer the status quo (of the 1950s), prefer authoritarianism to equal rights (hierarchy and order over egalitarianism). They're xenophobes (wary of the foreign and the unfamiliar) and they don't like change.

Stop pretending to be so offended you fools, this is what you're about. If you don't support this crap, then stop supporting it. If you do, then grow a pair and own it instead of feigning insult and accusing people of "calling you a racist because you don't agree" with them when they tell you the truth you're unwilling to accept about the alt-right and a large swath of Trump's support.
edit on 2016-9-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Since you are so educated on the topic, perhaps you can elucidate on the differences between "white nationalism", "nationalism" and "globalism".

+23 more 
link   
Oops!

You forgot to label Milo as a "Trump surrogate" like you usually do in your propaganda hit pieces.

You're slipping.
edit on 3-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
link   
Post it again and I bet you still get the same results.

I'll give you a cookie for your enthusiasm but Trump supporters have made up their minds just like Clinton supporters have so all your doing is wasting your energy on this.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Extreme sects of both left and right have always existed. White nationalists have always existed. This was a far worse problem in the eighties with both sides using terrorism as the vehicle of their ideas. Ignorance has always existed and always will. Not to say that their views aren't wrong, but I don't see them getting traction anytime soon in a manner that will be a big problem. I could be wrong. Also that source is a little iffy.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yay! A new label for you guys to box people into and deprive them of their individuality!

I assume now it will be "alt-right this" and "alt-right that", ad nauseam. You're going to beat everyone over the head with your new pet label until you drive it into the obscurity of another overused hate-phrase.

Let me guess. My "alt-right attitude" is showing, right?

Let the hate flow through you.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Is this R. Stanton Avery?

-the inventor of the label maker?

Have you ever met a neo-nazi type in real life?
edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: sp

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Ok let's say this Alt-Right thing is a real thing. Where would I stand? I argue against racism from both sides of the alley quite often.

Just look at the stop white people thread where I've argued against both sides. If I argue against left wing racism I can quickly be labelled alt right. Whereas if I argue against right wing racism, I can suddenly be a sjw.

This is why this is ridiculous. Both sides are racists in your own way. Stop obsessing over race you #ing bigots and stick to the issues. (See I labelled you both, I can do it too.)

Both calling people who disagree alt-right or SJW is dumb, unless the topic is specifically about racism.

If it's not, argue the points all of you asshats.

So sick of topics ending up about SJW or Alt-Right BS where nothing in the topic has anything to do with either.

Both the left and right have bigots and bigoted policies and views, both sides have racist groups. Your all just Pots calling kettles black.

Stop pointing fingers and argue the #ing issues.
edit on 9/3/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/3/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Since you are so educated on the topic, perhaps you can elucidate on the differences between "white nationalism", "nationalism" and "globalism".

Perhaps instead of begging for me to educate you as a way of diverting from the topic in every thread I post today, you could take some time to go educate yourself?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You keep posting this article as if it's proving your misguided point that the alt-right is racist, but if you read the damn thing it actually says the exact opposite. The whole part about skinheads is explaining that the alt-right has been attacked by leftists incorrectly labeling them as such, when there are a ton of differences between the two.

Your problem is that you read a piece by someone saying you shouldn't apologize for being white (which you shouldn't), and you instinctively shout racist in your head. The fact that you think this article is somehow damning to the alt-right is half funny and half sad.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Oops!

You forgot to label Milo as a "Trump surrogate" like you usually do in your propaganda hit pieces.

You're slipping.

Milo isn't a Trump surrogate so why would I? I love the selective amnesia as though "surrogate" is a new word this election cycle.

If you only realized how utterly ridiculous it sounds when you clowns feign ignorance (you are feigning ignorance right?), maybe you'd stop.

Don't you have like two dozen Clinton email threads to go star and flag and virtually shake your fists in? Wallow in ignorance, at least you're good at it.

Also:

Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

yay, alt-right is the next "your racist" pathetic fail character assassination buzz word for the quarter. Love how it picked up steam the moment Hillary cast out the venom from her rabid face hole.

You lose Hillary, it still smacks into a brick wall and falls into a pool of "we not falling for it anymore" because Trump will be the next POTUS.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Perhaps instead of begging for me to educate you as a way of diverting from the topic in every thread I post today, you could take some time to go educate yourself?

Fair enough.

As this is a conspiracy site, I will simply conclude that the leftist globalist agenda is to destroy any and every aspect of nationalism and replace it (along with the Constitution) with a UN form that will make all one-world-government advocates happy.
Exchanging nationalism with "white nationalism" is a passive aggressive form of using racism to nudge a concept.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Yay! A new label for you guys to box people into and deprive them of their individuality!

I didn't label anyone anything. They literally label themselves. Alt-right is just a shortened form of "alternative right" as in the alternative to the conventional right.

Would you care to actually comment on the substance of what Milo said about the people, organizations, media sources etc that he labeled as "alt-right?"

Let me guess. My "alt-right attitude" is showing, right?

Sure. That's exactly what I said. How about this, I'll let you know when I say something and then you can correctly attribute it to me?

Let the hate flow through you.

Lol. What hate? I'm sitting here sipping a margarita on a pleasant Saturday evening talking to some ATS friends. I'm just trying to point some people in the right direction of a little relevant information.

What's with your condescending attitude? Need a drink to help you relax a bit?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Reminds me of this "hit piece" from ABC.

"We confront the dark underbelly of social media, beyond the cat videos and all those birthday shout outs..."

You would think they are talking about drug cartels or human trafficking rings. Nope... just some guy talking smack on twitter!

This is the type of ridiculous, overblown propaganda from the left that is pushing anyone capable of critical thinking farther to the right.

Bravo!

edit on 3-9-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

yay, alt-right is the next "your racist" pathetic fail character assassination buzz word for the quarter. Love how it picked up steam the moment Hillary cast out the venom from her rabid face hole.

You lose Hillary, it still smacks into a brick wall and falls into a pool of "we not falling for it anymore" because Trump will be the next POTUS.

Stop. Scroll up. Read article. I did not make up "alt-right" nor is "alt-right" a derrogatory or pejorative term. It's not a slur or an epithet or character assasination.

I have brought you information straight from the horse's mouth. You don't have to trust me, like me or take my word for it.

It's right there. Right in front of you. A click away. You can do this. I believe in you.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Someone give this man an applause.

Racism is treating another race differently. So all this pandering and race baiting the media is doing is specifically that, racism.

For those of you that think the only way it will go away is by talking about it every day, you feed into it and give satisfaction to the minority, bigots. Question your logic people.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How do you write these so fast?
Do you have a team of people there compiling information from Vox and the Washington post or something?
If this is some attempt to keep up with the individuals that are posting the Hillary threads. I should inform you that they are still actually talking about Hillary and haven't moved on to her "surrogates" yet...
Is this the 3rd thread today or 4th?
I will say this for the 3rd time myself...
You all need to just breath.
Go out get some fresh air and some sunshine.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Man? Did you not see my ginormous alien tits?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

This is the type of ridiculous, overblown propaganda from the left that is pushing anyone with a brain capable of critical thinking farther to the right.

LOL.

How is this propaganda? Read the damn article yourself you "critical thinker" you. Jesus. It's right there. Click the link. Are you that determined to embrace denial that you can't even bring yourself to read it?

It ain't from me. It ain't from the Left. It comes straight from Milo and Allum Bokhari as published on Breitbart News, the official media source of Donald J Trump.

This would almost be funny if it wasn't so damn pathetic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join