It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Surrogate Pastor Mark Burns Admits to Falsifying Biography

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Crooked Mark Burns exposed for his lying on national television? Say it ain't so!

Pastor Mark Burns, Donald Trump supporter, "overstated" biography details

Mark Burns, a Donald Trump surrogate and the pastor of a South Carolina church, is owning up to false statements in his professional biography following a heated interview with CNN earlier this week. “As a young man starting my church in Greenville, South Carolina, I overstated several details of my biography because I was worried I wouldn’t be taken seriously as a new pastor,” Burns wrote in a statement late Friday. “This was wrong. I wasn’t truthful then and I have to take full responsibility for my actions.” Burns sent the apology in a tweet, adding that he was “thankful for a god who looks beyond our faults.”

Asked of his website biography’s claim that he belonged to Kappa Alpha Psi -- which CNN reported to be untrue -- Burns said in the interview, which aired in full on Saturday: “I did, without question, say that I had crossed, I mean not crossed, but I had started the process of being a part of that organization. But that’s the furthest that I’ve gotten.”

And when pressed on the site’s statement that he had been a member of the Army Reserve, Burns had this reply: “I was never part of the... no, no... South Carolina National Guard.”

“I just asked you about the Army Reserves,” CNN’s Blackwell noted. “That was my question. You, in this bio, claim six years in the Army Reserves.”

“Which is... it is Reserves,” said Burns, who did serve from 2001 to 2005 in the state’s National Guard. “The Army South Carolina National Guard is Reserves.”

Blackwell also questioned whether the pastor had obtained a bachelor’s degree from North Greenville University, as his website had also claimed. “Did you attend from North Greenville University?” the CNN host asked.

“Yes, I did attend,” Burns responded.

“Did you graduate from North Greenville University?” Blackwell followed up.

“No, I didn’t complete the degree at North Greenville University,” Burns responded. The university reportedly told CNN that Burns attended for just one semester.

Burns has since issued an apology but his first instinct as a Trumpeteer was to blame the media for his lying:

During the course of the interview, Burns pushed back on CNN, claiming the questioning was “not fair at all.”

How unfair indeed! Evil media. Oh boy, there goes Trump's African-American.

edit on 2016-9-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
so... he lied in his CV?

whats that got to do with trump speaking at the church or the campaign ?

i lied on my CV too at some point in my early job hunting days...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

so... he lied in his CV?

No. Mark Burns is an evangelist and proprietor (I say proprietor because it's a money making business) of Mark Burns Ministries which is obviously a "prosperity gospel" scam (see the "sow a seed" link on his page).

He didn't lie on his CV to get a job, his official bio on the above website has been completely erroneous all along. Right up until this week when he got called out for lying.

whats that got to do with trump speaking at the church or the campaign ?

It has nothing to do with Trump speaking at a church. I didn't say or even imply it did.

What it has to do with Trump's campaign is that Mark Burns is one of Trump's surrogates who spoke at the RNC convention, speaks at Trump rallies and can be seen regularly on TV and in interviews promoting Donald Trump, apologizing for Donald Trump, etc.

edit on 2016-9-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Definitely a major blow to the Democrat Candidates nationwide !!!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Meanwhile hillary just laughs and says "Pffft, I could of told that little lie in my sleep, Amateurs"....

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Meanwhile hillary just laughs and says "Pffft, I could of told that little lie in my sleep, Amateurs"....

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ALL pastors are liars. Some of them are decent social workers and hand holders during tough times, but that's about it. The worse are in it for the money, bigly.

I've met some Unitarian Universalist ministers that actually don't lie but instead leave the whole question of god 'up to the individual' rather than threatening you with hell and all the rest of it if you don't believe their particular church's version of the truth.

Did you know that hospital chaplains make as much as a nurse? One is completely useless except for holding your hand and saying Latin over you, the other one may well save your life and will at least be able to make you comfortable and give you a sponge bath.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The propaganda is pumping up. Even on ATS.

Someone is extremely desperate and afraid. Means Trump is doing amazing.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How in the world does his biography have any relevance to....
Well anything really?

People write stupid stuff all the time. See it daily here.

So what he supports Trump?
I see the narrative you all are trying to follow here.
Trump is so toxic that only corrupt people with weak morals would support the man. It's a common theme and seems to be about the last resort for many of the straw-man arguments and character assassination attempts. Five minutes of searching outside the MSM blog-o-sphere will show you there are many ethnic Trump supporters.

Funny because if this was a democrat Hillary supporter and it was posted here the "racist card" would have been pulled by the 4th reply.
edit on 3-9-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

you do this in EVERY post, dude.

get some new material - no one is afraid, lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Do you guys get your replys from the same book.

Durp durp Hillary bad, durp durp trump is yuge.

Da trump train is winning big.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

And not just on ATS....Do you think anyone actually believes that transparent pandering BS?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Greetings-

I'm starting to think the word "Surrogate" is a trigger word for the next phase of a Psy-Ops. Last year We got 'The Ebola Scare' w/the chartreuse green associated w/any info airing on the news. The only other time I've seen 'surrogate' used is on some Lifetime™ tv movie, where the cute couple can't have kids so the "surrogate" carries the child for 9 months and then at the end changes Her mind. Yikes! I just described this scenario..

Is this Pastor a liar? "Yes, I'd betcha" And I'd go further out on that limb and opine that His biggest lies have to do with $$$ He says the donations are for 'The Flock' (another thing that coincides w/this election) yet there He sits eyeballing the organist all the while wearing a $35k watch when a $80 watch and the rest for the Church™ would've been for TheFlock..

Edit: I've just gone and looked and "nailed it" Money grubber.. Now Mr. Trump will have to have His lawyers show the former Pastor how to file a bankruptcy or 4...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So many "Trump surrogates" being invented!

Trump surrogate this!

Trump surrogate that!

It must be so frustrating not to have anyhting to actually pin on Trump himself.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
At this point I just laugh and shake my head when people try to make Trump (or by association) look dishonest.

Did you forget the context in which we're looking at this?

Hillary F# Clinton.

There is nothing you can accuse Trump or his associates of that will put him in the same league as Hillary when it comes to being a dishonest scumbag.

In fact, continuing to stump for Hillary, at this point, makes you into one.

Chuckles.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've seen almost no one here expound their faith in Hillary while they were denouncing Trump, so stop extrapolating that like its some sort of given. I think most of us can't stand either one of them.

The guy that said he'd hire 'the best people' and then runs through several top campaign staffers in a matter of weeks, and has all sorts of small scandals associated with them (and who would have ANYthing to do with that vampire Katrina Pierson) should be held to account for the people he associates with.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
At this point I just laugh and shake my head when people try to make Trump (or by association) look dishonest.

Did you forget the context in which we're looking at this?

Hillary F# Clinton.

There is nothing you can accuse Trump or his associates of that will put him in the same league as Hillary when it comes to being a dishonest scumbag.

In fact, continuing to stump for Hillary, at this point, makes you into one.

Chuckles.

Your turd is better than there turd, congrats.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I'm actually voting for Hillary, believe it or not.

But for reasons I can't expound on ATS without breaking T&Cs.

Cheerio.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There's no problem here at all. I think he just forgot what was on the website and didn't intentionally do it.
Time to move on, right? I mean, at this point, what difference does it make?

Basically, the usual left wing media character assassinations are without teeth until the biggest liar and most corrupt human being on earth, Hillary Clinton, is put through the same investigative process.

Why this man is known as 'Trump Surrogate Pastor Mark Burns' is unknown to me. Surely it is just Pastor Mark Burns?

edit on 3/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There's no problem here at all. I think he just forgot what was on the website and didn't intentionally do it.

Did you even bother to look at the website or are you just speculating based on... well... nothing?

Basically, the usual left wing media character assassinations

It's 100% true that he lied and lied big. That's not a character assassination.

Why this man is known as 'Trump Surrogate Pastor Mark Burns' is unknown to me. Surely it is just Pastor Mark Burns?

From my post above where I answered this question:

spoke at the RNC convention, speaks at Trump rallies and can be seen regularly on TV and in interviews promoting Donald Trump, apologizing for Donald Trump, etc.

What really makes him a "surrogate" is that he speaks *wait for it* on behalf of Donald Trump in concert with the Donald Trump campaign.

Breitbart - Pastor Mark Burns: Trump Going to the Black Community to Solve Problems, Not Say ‘See You in Four Years’ Like Democrats

“Mr. Trump will be speaking, and answering questions on the only African-American owned and operated national Christian TV network, which is the Impact network. And he’s going to be interviewed by the CEO and president of the network, Bishop Wayne T. Jackson, in the heart of Detroit, at the Great Faith Church in Detroit,” Burns announced.

Burns said Trump would have a sizable all-black audience at the church, providing him with an “opportunity to just pour his heart out, and the same person that I’ve grown to love, and to know his compassion for all Americans, the whole world’s going to be able to see come this Saturday, September 3rd, at 11:00 A.M. from Detroit.”

If you have such a problem with the word "surrogate" because you think it's an invention of the liberal media like a lot of you seem to be convinced that "alt-right" is, then go right on over to Trump Central aka Breitbart. Open up the search box and type "surrogate" and then come back and tell everyone what you saw.

Here's an article from yesterday on Breitbart where they are referring to the much less visible Marco Gutierrez as a surrogate right in the title:

Trump surrogate warns of taco epidemic if Republicans lose

top topics

<<   2 >>

join