It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mandela Effect & The Mama''s & Papa's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We used to cover it when I was in the band and I thought it was began but after I got the sheet music I was corrected yes it always was pretend.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Nightwish - Fishmaster is another good one for mishearing lyrics

Although I wonder if it's more you're hearing what you read than what you actually see.

Somebody should do a scientific study on this phenomena (mishearing lyrics, not mandela)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And there's this other song with a line that goes 'There's the bathroom on the right". I swear it always was that way. Somehow, it turned into 'There's a bad moon on the rise'.

Except I've seen a VIDEO where the same guy sings "there's the bathroom on the right" and then SMILES! PROOOF!!!1!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

And there's this other song with a line that goes 'There's the bathroom on the right". I swear it always was that way. Somehow, it turned into 'There's a bad moon on the rise'.

LMAO!

Priceless brother...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
New lyrics make no sense. Why would anyone want to make a song without good intentions?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Can you or anyone please explain to me why "Mandela Effect" has become a thing on ATS? I'm serious almost every five or six posts its "something something something Mandela effect" kind of annoying. It's been months since I came on this site and didn't see at least one thread with those words in the title.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Can you or anyone please explain to me why "Mandela Effect" has become a thing on ATS? I'm serious almost every five or six posts its "something something something Mandela effect" kind of annoying. It's been months since I came on this site and didn't see at least one thread with those words in the title.

Because that is the arrogance of being human..

Its more likely that a timeline shifted vs someone hesring, remembering, reading , seeing something incorrectly..

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Another pop culture example to prove what. You do not hear well at times? Some singers don't pronounce as well as the should? As in they might be high and / or drunk? Some recordings are a little rough. Humam memory is fallible and influence by current activity.

Or... there is some mechanism that randomly releases huge amounts of energy triggering persons from one time line to slip into another time line at the same relative point in time causing a group of persons to have the same false memory with no physical effects other than in pop culture only perceived by those with the special perception to witness the time slip?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Except I've seen a VIDEO where the same guy sings "there's the bathroom on the right" and then SMILES! PROOOF!!!1!

Was his name weird al?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I've always heard it as pretend. Now if you'll excuse me while I kiss this guy...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Was his name weird al?

I actually saw Fogerty on tour once and he got to the chorus and sang 'bathroom on the right' and almost got too tickled to finish.

Pretty sure there's at least one youtube from that concert showing it.
edit on 3-9-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
yet another forum clogginf thread please stop

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I loved this song when i was young and would swear it was BEGAN to pray but if you listed to youtube videos you will find 2 versions as someone is mucking about with it imho

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Yes you are going mad. It's always been pretend, it makes no sense otherwise, it's a comment on the shallow falseness of things in California. Thus pretending to pray rather than actually praying.

What? No...that actually has nothing to do with it at all. Not even close. The song was written by Michelle Phillips because she was a newlywed transplanted to NY from CA, and she was extremely homesick and could not stand how cold and desolate it seemed up there by contrast.

No one is going mad. There are quite a number of cover versions of this song, and two different versions by the Phillips...one was for a movie. The version the OP remembers is also correct, and definitely exists.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall
Um, isn't it "the Mama's and the Papa's"?

Indeed. Was looking for someone to point this out on the ME thread.

Irony slides home for the win!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

What about the song that used to go "Scuse me while i kiss the sky" now it says "Scuse me while i kiss This Guy" I was listening it today.... Freaky

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZenHorse

What about the song that used to go "Scuse me while i kiss the sky" now it says "Scuse me while i kiss This Guy" I was listening it today.... Freaky

Or like when Freddie Mercury said he kicks his cat all over the place?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I always heard it as 'Began to pray'.

I love this from the sketch show.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It's one of the many misheard lyrics.

Linkypops

And Credence Clearwater sang "There's a bathroom on the right"
And Jimi Hendrix wanted us to excuse him so he could "Kiss this Guy".
And Sting and the Police told us "I'm a pool hall ace".

edit on 2016-9-5 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Iron Butterfly:
I'm the god of Velveeta, baby.

Anyone know what the pompetous of love, is?
edit on 9/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join