It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Still Believe "Anti-Establishment" Trump Will Clean Up Politics?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You still remain unlabelled. You still accuse me of labeling you. I have not and you have not. I can't discuss anything with you if you keep making false accusations.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm honestly not sure how to translate that...

"I didn't manage to label you yet, so don't complain"

or

"I'm labeling other people right now, so don't complain"

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He knows there's campaign finance corruption because he's been there done that. he's donated to the Clinton foundation and others, in the past.

I'm confused you'd rather have the one that owes favors and gets bought out by the donors, rather than one who paid for the favors?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Who am I labeling?

You've surpassed absurd.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Are you now claiming "alt-right" is not a label?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It is a label created by and applied to the people that claim it for themselves. If you are not claiming it for yourself it does not apply to you.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So you are claiming that no one is using or has used it to classify others?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Because Donald Trump has no depth on politics or political issues, he has had to turn his will and mind over to The Rasputin Rascals: "Destroyer of the State" Bannon, SuperiorSpinner Conway, FauxFox Ailes. And now along comes The Untruth Teller Bossie to join them. David “The civil war has begun” Bossie is so steeped in cow tea that he makes Karl "Turdblossom" Rove look like a choirboy. When the Republican Party sold their soul to the Devil decades ago and danced to his fiddle tune, they now suffer the wrath of his henchmen.

This is now the last stage of the oligarch battle (What Do the Koch Brothers Want?) for America. In a battle, artillery is used first to soften up the enemy. In politics, this softening up has been done with money rained down upon not just politicians but think tanks, corporate astroturf groups, and media. The Koch far right extremist ideology took over the RP after this pounding with money. Trump is the unwitting fool of one of the most powerful men in Republican politics that nobody is talking about.

How One Family’s Deep Pockets Helped Reshape Donald Trump’s Campaign

They have given to libertarian organizations, such as the Cato Institute, and political organizations like the Club for Growth, which spends millions of dollars each election cycle in Republican primaries, hoping to promote orthodox conservative policies on taxes and spending. The Mercers are also significant donors to the sprawling political network overseen by the political activists Charles G. and David H. Koch, which is also libertarian-leaning.
A Mercer-backed super PAC supporting Mr. Trump is now being shepherded by David Bossie, a conservative activist whose own projects have been funded in part by the Mercers’ family foundation, according to tax documents.

Big Brother Bossie is watching

Bossie said his group might use “geo-fencing,” software that relies on mobile-device data to determine, for instance, whether users attended a Bernie Sanders’ rally. The super PAC then can target them with messages that tie Clinton to Wall Street in an effort to drive down her poll numbers among young liberal Democrats who drawn to Sanders’ populist message during the Democratic primaries.

The man behind Citizens United gears up for Hillary Clinton attacks

Someday in the future, when people are tired of the corporate oligarchic running their lives, they will want to rise up to make it end. But this time around, when corporations rule, there is no freedom to do that.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

As far as I know, no. When someone says that's an alt-right news source or person or group it's because that's what that site, person, group has proclaimed themselves to be.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It is the title given to some new ideology by some fringe elements, which was mostly obscure until The Hill set about making it the new smear label for her / etc opposition.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Take it up with Richard Spencer and the people that claim it for themselves.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Then you might want to read more...

If you read the writings of leading alt-righters, it is impossible to come to any other conclusion. Some are avowed white supremacists. Some eschew talk of supremacy and instead focus on the need for racial separation to protect "white identity." But one can't talk about the alt-right knowledgeably without recognizing their racism.

And yet that is exactly what some conservatives seem intent on doing. For example, my friend Hugh Hewitt, the influential talk radio host, has been arguing that there is a "narrow" alt-right made up of a "execrable anti-Semitic, white supremacist fringe" but also a "broad alt-right" made up of frustrated tea partiers and others who are simply hostile to the GOP establishment and any form of immigration reform that falls short of mass deportation.
Source: www.baltimoresun.com...

Those are seeds being planted. The "alt-right" is a small group of racists, but then there's a larger group of the "alt-right" that aren't really defined yet. When they do get defined, they will include anyone who supports Trump (but Trump believes in mass deportation, so his supporters must be alt-right)... which can evolve to mean anyone who doesn't support Clinton. It's called "incrementalism" and has proven to be a very effective tool for both parties over the years.

Again, not this time. This time I will stand up against this attempt to slur people with lies and nonextant ties to hate groups before that weed can spring from the seed. Guard your seed all you want; we'll see how well it grows in the bright light of truth.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Damn. Voting for Hillary now, you got me. She is so qualified, and has a vagina.

Anyone supporting Trump knows that he plays the game. You do not become a billionaire in this country without gaming the system. Yes, he filed BK, another legal tool. Yes, he made deals with politicians for personal gain.

This is the system our country operates on. He understands the system, and will surround himself with the best people for the job, as he has proven that he is a leader, and that's what a leader does.

People always talk about how he is inexperienced in politics. It's as if they believe the president sits in the oval office alone and makes every decision by himself, instead of having a cabinet and huge group of hand selected advisers.

From what I can tell, part of his reason for running is to get a type of revenge against the political rich ruling class in this country. I want that same revenge.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It's really not an obtuse concept. They can only be defined by the people who claim to be alt-right. I'm not sure how you expect to have discussions on the internet without labels let alone political discussions. You've already proven this yourself with your (false) accusations of it being the Left and Leftists like me and the OP who will lump all,what am I supposed to say here, Americans that want border security.... Border-Americans! Is that a label? Whatever. It's been a twisty convo of semantics and goal-post moving but the facts remain unchanged by your need to not be wrong and your inability to admit when you are.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
People are so disenchanted with the current BS, they want to believe Trump is different, I don't for a second think he will make anything great or better..his brand perhaps. Still I don't blame anyone for wanting so desperately to believe.
I would sooner vote for the cookie monster than the 2 steaming piles presented.
edit on 5-9-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Labels are used regularly to try and attribute beliefs to those who do not hold them. Deny that if you want; you're the one who has to look at yourself in the mirror. He's a "conservative" = he wants to make all abortions illegal and destroy welfare. He's a "liberal" = he wants to make corporations illegal and give all money to the poor so everyone can be equal.

Snowflake
Progressive
SJW
Nazi
Denier
Flat-earther
Birther
Truther

They're all BS.

Border-Americans... why is it so bloomin' hard to just say, " wants to enforce the border"? The answer is, it's not. It's just more effective to use a term you can assign a connotation to. That way one position can be demonized by associating it with another. The ultimate ad hominem attack, complete with the ability to claim your opponent used it on himself.

If you can't debate without using labels, you are one extremely poor debater, just like a biker who can't ride without training wheels is one extremely poor biker.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Using labels doesn't mean you have to engage in opposing propaganda it just means that you understand that without descriptors we could be talking about gobbledygook or gibberish and no one would ever know.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: TheBulk

Guess I better for for Hillary then!

I don't particularly care who you vote for. I'm just trying to give some of you willfully unabashedly ignorant ATS Trumpeteers a little something to ponder.

Three responses in and not one shred of substance. No arguing the facts or debating my assessment, just personal attacks and mindless one-liners.

Look, I hear ya. Trump did not become a billionaire by being some kind of angel. You don't build skyscrapers in Atlantic City/Manhattan if you don't pay homage to the local mafia. And his association with criminals like Rudi Guiliani (just do a web search on 'Presidio Pedophila Giuliani' to get an idea of how evil this guy is), and Chris 'Momma State' Christie doesn't leave a warm and fuzzy feeling either.

But I'm also not stupid, and I KNOW the crimes the Clintons have been up to, and there is NO WAY anyone who is best friends with the Bush family is getting my vote. NFW.

And I also don't think that trying to change everything in one vote like the Presidential election is smart either, because it has never worked once in US history. What people have to do is, whenever they go to vote, vote for ANYONE not a member of the Republican or Democratic parties. Start from THERE. Not in a Presidential election!

So, yes, at this point I am voting for the lesser of two evils, as I have done umpteen times already. Because unless Trump starts twisting his neck ala the Exorcist and spitting up green pea soup, there is no way I'm voting for Clinton.

And let me add, that 6 years ago, before I learned of Building 7 falling into its own footprint, though no plane hit it, and had friends I grew up with who are NYC firefighters insist to me that bombs went off that day, this ENGINEER would have voted for Clinton. But now I KNOW what is going on, as do millions of other people in this country...
edit on 5-9-2016 by nomoredemsorreps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Did you really just say that fluid labels are more accurate than exact wording?

Really?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Using labels doesn't mean you have to engage in opposing propaganda it just means that you understand that without descriptors we could be talking about gobbledygook or gibberish and no one would ever know.

You use as many labels as almost anyone on this site does in the last year, are you saying it was all gobbledygook and gibberish and you never meant all of it because no one ever knew ??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join