It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Still Believe "Anti-Establishment" Trump Will Clean Up Politics?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

All 200 of them? Come now. You've linked to more than 200 alt-right sources in your threads this year.
edit on 2016-9-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Here I made it easy. Because I care.

Alt-Right White Nationalism Straight From Milo

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Forgive me for jumping in, but in my mind, this nationalist vs globalist poll is the wrong question.

My problem is the with 'nationalist' portion; it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am a patriot, not a nationalist.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Are you a nationalist or a globalist? Easy question.

That's a false dichotomy.

I'm a proud and patriotic American and I'm also what might be described as an alter-globalist.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Nationalism tends to be loving and defending ones own nation, whereas patriotism tends to be blind faith in the propaganda its pumping out at us (especially in war time, by the POTUS er public figurehead).

Which would explain this:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I'm a proud and patriotic American and I'm also what might be described as an alter-globalist.

As there is a globalist war being waged against this nation, and the public figurehead of it is currently the POTUS.
edit on 3-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Are you a nationalist or a globalist? Easy question.

That's a false dichotomy.

Not to mention the thinly veiled insults referring to not being a "true patriot."

Fallacies are rampant with Trump supporters.

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Most racism is either fear or ignorance. Both can be conquered by knowledge. But knowledge requires communication, and the surest way to destroy communication is to make it painful.

That's what this is all about: keeping the people afraid to communicate. Keeping them so concerned about saying the wrong word or supporting the wrong thing that they finally give up and live in ignorance and fear. And the same process can be used to control as well. Just make the view opposite to yours one of those painful things to support by tying it to racism.

I'm not a staunch Trump supporter (although threads like this keep me moving toward it). I support prosperity, justice, and peace. The status-quo is antithetical to those ideals. Trump scares the holy chicken soup out of everyone in government, so I am attracted to his campaign. These new attack strategies just make me move farther and farther toward the Trump camp, for that lone reason.

I wish we could have a discussion on policy. Unfortunately, one cannot have a meaningful discussion all by oneself.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Alt-Right....is an attempt to label the white conservative portion of Trumps voters as racist. Now if you are any other race its ok to have a publicly known organizational advocacy group with stern sounding name and threaten militancy.

Whites and the rest have been brainwashed into believing that only clearly white racist advocacy groups represent whites as a whole. But make no mistake the libs and maybe the rest are after that large segment of the population that is white.....by dividing it, tagging it ect that does not have any affection politically for much of anything but the constitution and its historical role in same. Thats really what makes them ALT-RIGHT is their historical investment in the constitution and willingness to defend it.

edit on 3-9-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Most racism is either fear or ignorance. Both can be conquered by knowledge. But knowledge requires communication, and the surest way to destroy communication is to make it painful.

Thank you! Destroying communication, common ground, and so on is all they do with their brash, hateful, all-time merit awards of hypocrisy, and complete inability to compromise or respect their adversaries.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Good illustration.

I think a nationalist is someone proud of their country, where a globalist is more of an "open borders" type who wants a one world government.

I like my country. I think it has flaws. But that doesn't stop me from being proud of the good and positive things within it.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

All 200 of them? Come now. You've linked to more 200 alt-right sources in your threads this year.

And there's the confirmation: Any and all opposition to PC / progressives / Hillary (and I'm sure Obama too) are all to be lumped into their conspiracy theory version of the "alt-right" to be demonized as racists.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Just because you hadn't heard of the Alt-Right up until now, doesn't mean it did not exist. It's been around since about 2008, that is their own umbrella label. It wasn't made up by leftists or liberals or by the Democrat establishment. They are openly racist, openly white supremacist, openly misogynistic and a whole laundry list of other things.

Then there's Steve Bannon, Trumps campaign CEO and chairman of Breitbart Media:

"We're the platform for the alt-right," Bannon told me proudly when I interviewed him at the Republican National Convention (RNC) in July. Though disavowed by every other major conservative news outlet, the alt-right has been Bannon's target audience ever since he took over Breitbart News from its late founder, Andrew Breitbart, four years ago.

Mother Jones

Can we be done with the denial now?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That's what this is all about: keeping the people afraid to communicate. Keeping them so concerned about saying the wrong word or supporting the wrong thing that they finally give up and live in ignorance and fear. And the same process can be used to control as well. Just make the view opposite to yours one of those painful things to support by tying it to racism.

I'm not a staunch Trump supporter (although threads like this keep me moving toward it). I support prosperity, justice, and peace. The status-quo is antithetical to those ideals. Trump scares the holy chicken soup out of everyone in government, so I am attracted to his campaign. These new attack strategies just make me move farther and farther toward the Trump camp, for that lone reason.

I wish we could have a discussion on policy. Unfortunately, one cannot have a meaningful discussion all by oneself.

TheRedneck

I definitely understand the appeal of Trump, and there are undeniably those out there who genuinely believe he is different than what we've always been exposed to and essentially forced upon in the form of government.

A close friend of mine throughout college, who he is now in law school, is a staunch Trump supporter - but he offers very deep substance and analyzes what Trump has to say, and offers a very detailed and commentary-esque discussion as to the pros and cons, and needless to say I enjoy engaging in discussion with him.

My main concern with Trump is the simple notion that he is given just as much, if not more, airtime on mainstream media channels, as well as social media. I'm very cynical when it comes to politics, so for me this raises a very large red-flag. Dr. Ron Paul was the victim of what I call a "media blackout," yet the same treatment has not been applied to the supposed "outsider," who is going to "shake things up in D.C."

I don't watch television, and don't have cable. Haven't had it for years and don't plan on it. My girlfriend had surgery about a year ago roughly, and I remember sitting in the waiting room with three large televisions on CNN... and I waited for about four hours, and I simply could not drown out the noise after some time.

I vividly remember seeing the words "Washington outsider," "shake things up in D.C.," "anti-establishment," and "against career politicians," and that alone right there set me off from his entire campaign. Never - would ANY major news outlet carry such headlines and titles if they truly were an "outsider." In my opinion, that just would not happen. Those with vested interests in government and its propoganda mouthpiece (media) would NEVER plaster "anti-establishment," messages... that would entail them drawing attention to themselves and drawing a target on their own chests.

.... Or perhaps this is some sort of social experiment. Put up a crook and criminal versus a conman and megalomaniac. Make the American people and let them know they have no control.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That coming from someone who defends a BLA cop killer, whom even Obama's FBI added to the Most Wanted Terrorist list.
Why?: Former Black Panther Assata Shakur Added to FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorist List

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I believe she is innocent, problem?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't care if it was coined by Moses and written out in papyrus leaves. It is used as a substitute for blanket, unfounded, undefineable racism accusations and as such is a divisive, underhanded tactic that should be as frowned upon as that infamous word that starts with 'N.'

Anyone who uses it is a racist. Period.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Don't get pissed at us for using it correctly. Embrace ignorance all you like and please by all means keep your head buried in the sand.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I see Trump's airtime as a plus. He was able to trick the media into giving up that asset free of charge. All of the wildness he displayed early on was purposeful to get media attention.

The result? He won the primary race and spent relatively nothing to do it.

I wish, like you, that Ron Paul could have gotten the airtime he needed. I still believe it was due to a conspiracy between the MSM to keep him off the airwaves. But there's nothing I can do for him now; I can support Trump's policies where I think they make sense, and will probably vote for him.

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't implement some of Ron Paul's policies, like backing off our crazy international butt-in-where-we-shouldn't-be policy. Dunno if he'll call for a Fed audit... maybe?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Translator engaged:

"correctly"... ... ... ... ..."to use covert racist charges to discredit our enemies"

Translation complete.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Yea think back how the press handled the Tea Party! "Look folks they are all white and you know what that means" ! Then Obama put the IRS on them.

What was their real problem? Constitutionalists. Worst sort of scum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join