It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporters Blamed For Being Racist And Supporting Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... 5513835

Say what ???

The article has 3% truth and 97% lies, it's hoping to sell the 97% of lies with the 3% of truth it states.

It is true there a was collation of people in 2008 that realized the very best way forward politically was Ron Paul, that grew in 2012 as well.
Many were on ATS posting back then making this very relevant to ATS.

But the establishment threw them all under the bus, twice. They had to go somewhere. When generally the same people that attacked Ron Paul attacked Trump and some of the more prominent people that supported Ron Paul in both 2008 and 2012 supported Trump the lines began to be drawn, and the parallels are there. For the first time some feel there is chance to push the neocons back in this war that has been ongoing between Americans internally since the PNAC drove policy from 1997. Trump is an Alpha silver back gorilla, once in office he won't let himself be pushed around like some beta, like Bush did with Cheney as he used the ideology from PNAC for 8 years, it worked so well they dissolved it, mission accomplished indeed.
William Kristol was the founder of that, who does he support this election cycle Clinton, who does he attack Trump.

Bottom line that article is BS and once again the media is going after anybody from any group that supports Trump and labeling them as racists.
The smear of the politically alternative people is stronger than ever before in 2016 simply because they have a voice for the first time, that made it as far as he did, and actually has a chance to win, so the attack of any supporters are media talking points. And these include former supporters of other people like Ron Paul. Hillary has directly attacked the basic constituency of the people posting on ATS.

If you are posting on ATS in 2016 you should be able to see this, if you were posting on ATS in 2008 and 2012, and you still can't see it, I would say you might have an issue with cognitive dissonance about the size of the star Betelgeuse.

edit on 3-9-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

"Trump is an Alpha silver back gorilla, once in office he won't let himself be pushed around like some beta"

Bwahahaha. Trump couldn't even hold his ground in the GOP debates.

Instead of simply going on about how the article is 97% false, why don't you point out specifically where the author is wrong?

I'm going to post this link for the third time this week because apparently a lot of "alt-right" types don't know that the figurative cat is already out of the bag. Don't take my word for it, read the article co-authored by Milo Yiannopoulos and published on Trump News, I mean Breitbart news:

An Establishment Conservative’s Guide To The Alt-Right

There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence. Skinheads, by and large, are low-information, low-IQ thugs driven by the thrill of violence and tribal hatred. The alternative right are a much smarter group of people — which perhaps suggests why the Left hates them so much. They’re dangerously bright.

The biggest distinction is that unlike "old-school racist skinheads" the new school (of racist skinheads?) is smarter? If I said to you that the biggest difference between you and the average skinhead was that you were smarter, would you take that to mean that you were or were not a racist just like the skinhead?

Apparently unlike other racists, they're not driven by "the thrill of violence and tribal hatred" but rather by "natural conservatism." What's that you might ask?

Natural conservatives can broadly be described as the group that the intellectuals above were writing for. They are mostly white, mostly male middle-American radicals, who are unapologetically embracing anew identity politics that prioritises the interests of their own demographic.

The conservative instinct, as described by Haidt, includes a preference for homogeneity over diversity, for stability over change, and for hierarchy and order over radical egalitarianism. Their instinctive wariness of the foreign and the unfamiliar is an instinct that we all share – an evolutionary safeguard against excessive, potentially perilous curiosity – but natural conservatives feel it with more intensity. They instinctively prefer familiar societies, familiar norms, and familiar institutions.

For natural conservatives, culture, not economic efficiency, is the paramount value. More specifically, they value the greatest cultural expressions of their tribe. Their perfect society does not necessarily produce a soaring GDP, but it does produce symphonies, basilicas and Old Masters. The natural conservative tendency within the alt-right points to these apotheoses of western European culture and declares them valuable and worth preserving and protecting.

How on Earth would anyone possibly conclude that white nationalism is central to the alt-right, a movement which was largely supportive of Paul and has almost completely coalesced behind Trump? It's not like prominent members of said movement are saying exactly that.

Oh wait, they are!

Doh.
edit on 2016-9-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well of course, I'm guessing that Ron Paul is probably also "dog whistle" to someone, somewhere by now.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I hate people who use the damn race card all the time.

People that do that need to go jump off a friggen cliff!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Dont see how Trump and Ron Paul have anything in comon.

Trump is a Authotarian who is pro big goverment.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

There are some Ron Paul people who support Trump but most Ron Paulers are Libertarian leaning.

We supported Rand in the primaries and will be voting Johnson in the election.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

"Just obey us, promote globalism, promote censorship, and we'll stop calling you racists."
-Establishment leftists

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
It is true there a was collation of people in 2008 that realized the very best way forward politically was Ron Paul, that grew in 2012 as well.
But the establishment threw them all under the bus, twice. They had to go somewhere. When generally the same people that attacked Ron Paul attacked Trump and some of the more prominent people that supported Ron Paul in both 2008 and 2012 supported Trump the lines began to be drawn, and the parallels are there.

I'd say:

Go to 8:00, and see Ron Paul argue how libertarianism destroys racism:

BILL MOYERS: No. They don't-- no, they don't. But there's just-- there's some pieces I've been reading on it that accuse you of illiberal sentiments on race, Israel and other topics. They say that you've demeaned black perhaps by some of your references, the Civil War and to slavery. And that you are always attacking the Jewish lobby-- the Israeli lobby--

RON PAUL: Oh, I think that that's completely wrong. And, you know, libertarianism is the enemy of all racism, because racism is a collectivist idea is that you put people in categories. You say, "Well, Blacks belong here, Whites here, and women here." Well, we don't see people in form-- or gays. You don't have rights because you're gays, or women, or minorities. You have rights because you're an individual. So, we see people strictly as individuals. And we get these individuals in a natural way. So, it's exactly opposite of all collectivism. And it's absolutely anti-racism, because we don't see in those terms.
www.pbs.org...

edit on 3-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's just the regressive left. Everyone who isn't them is a racist, sexist, islamophpbic homophobe. It's really childish and It gets quite tiresome after a while.

At least come up with some decent insults.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your post has 495 words, yet only 2 of them are Ron Paul. Only one sentence is even "about" Ron Paul!

A most impressive Straw Man attempt no less.

And the hypocrisy even if any that that had real relevance when considering all the angles 'your side' in particular.
edit on 3-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

There are some Ron Paul people who support Trump but most Ron Paulers are Libertarian leaning.

We supported Rand in the primaries and will be voting Johnson in the election.

It honestly makes me want to puke when people compare Donald Trump to Ron and/or Rand Paul.

Ron Paul is nothing like celebrity Don.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is always funny when people call others racist online. It is an easy ticket out for the debate. People are becoming numb to it. It turning into a big joke.

Media is a joke also. I'm laughing all the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ron Paul led the fight against the establishment for 2 election cycles but he was to kind and nice to win.
American politics is dirty and ugly, you have to go there to win, just look at that traitor Romney how he castigated both Ron Paul and Trump, after Trump endorsed him.

They share some of the same the same political enemies noticeably Romney, Kristol and Krauthammer and the list goes on.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ron paul's ties to fascists here.
ron paul, outside of this place and stormfront had no chance.
those same paulbots are now trumpbots, coincidence?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Yep! Right on cue ...

Ron Paul is officially confirmed to be dog whistle!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: ketsuko

It is always funny when people call others racist online. It is an easy ticket out for the debate. People are becoming numb to it. It turning into a big joke.

Media is a joke also. I'm laughing all the time.

How do you shut someone down who says anything critical about Israel? ....call them anti-Semitic.

How do you shut someone down who says anything critical about the establishment?.....call them a racist.

Coincidence? Or just laziness.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

What baffles me is that the majority of people playing the race card these days are white! LoL

new topics

top topics

join