It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Deploys HIMARS On Turkey/Syria Border; Fires Into Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Shame is that everyone is brainwashed into believing this is a civil war when in actuality it is an armed invasion of a sovereign nation by proxy. No civil war going on here.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The Syrian aircraft were intercepted when they ignored repeated attempts by US jets to make contact with them. The US contacted the Russians, who said they were Syrian aircraft and to contact Syria. The aircraft were shadowed until they left the area without attacking anything.

Attacking ISIS has been approved by the Syrian government. That includes US aircraft in Syrian airspace, which the Syrian FM has stated on numerous occasions that US forces were welcome to do so. At no point has US forces targeted Syrian government forces.

Your op states the deployment is against ISIS. ISIS has just about lost all of their captured territory along the Syrian-Turkey border.

What exactly is the issue?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Shame is that everyone is brainwashed into believing this is a civil war when in actuality it is an armed invasion of a sovereign nation by proxy. No civil war going on here.

Its also a shame people ignore the fact Syria has approved foreign nations to attack ISIS inside Syria, including the US and its coalition.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

AFTER the appropriate passage from the Koran....

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This campaign is far from over, and the issue is the price to pay will soon be greater than any potential gain in our national interest. I don't even think it would be helping Israel either. Russia is not letting go. Its time to call it.

Syria approved airstrikes, not ground forces. Why do you want to see our warriors sacrificed to a corrupted cause?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Special forces have been deployed from numerous nations and again Syria has no issues as long as its directed at ISIS. At one point Syrian wanted the US to attack all groups, and we know that was not going to happen.

Why do you confuse special forces with ground troops? We know air power alone cant win a war against isis. You must have ground coordination. Hence special forces.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Im not confusing anything. They are under the Department of Defense. They are given their orders from the Pentagon and the President, not the Company. Frankly they don't much care for the spooks most the time.

If they are operating as soldiers under American jurisdiction, that would make these soldiers ground forces. It also makes them human with families, not chess pieces to throw away for a failed PNAC OP. Lets end the hemorrhaging of money this damn thing is causing and just chill for awhile, go back to the old formula.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Welcome and thank you for your friend request, I've added you as well.

With Obama out of office in about 4 1/2 months, and the new POTUS-elect in about 65 days. Other than this 'all for show' bombing from Turkey in to Syria is just a smoke screen. Our occasional sorties is another smoke screen. As some one stated earlier.

This WAS NO civil war. This was all part of the cover ARAB Spring that was developed by our State Dept. Intelligence Agencies and the DOD. All the arms were sent from Benghazi to turkey to a bunch of disgruntled and defeated Al Qaeda members who then gave the US the big finger and it created ISIS. So, it is not totally wrong to say Obama/Clinton were the founders of ISIS. The ME, Northern Africa is a mess. Iran has gained the upper hand. North Korea is unstable and could unload at any time...........and our White House has no plans as we still learn about 'secret' concessions that were given to Iran that were never discussed with Congress and the American public.

We will just have to wait and see what happens in the election. Whatever, one of the biggest world messes is waiting for the next POTUS. Obama, IMO has failed in every aspect of being President. And I never voted for him, so I can argue and complain about the mess we are in.

Peace

KD

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Trying to argue special forces are somehow the same as ground forces is disingenuous as their is a distinct difference between "ground forces" and "spec ops". Trying to argue they are ground forces is an attempt to somehow paint them as something they are not in an effort to make the argument the US is violating the conditions laid out by Syria for fighting ISIS.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Unfortunately Syria is an artifical country with very recently made up population . From Turkish point of view , last 40 years Syria was mostly a bed of terrorism.

Esad should have made those [Central Banking]reforms in time and that would have helped his country avoid this messy and costly invasion.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I really am hoping that you don't have a daughter name Lisa .

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You're safe.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wasn't it al-Baghdadi who was imprisoned by USA, later to emerge as recipient of a large cache' of TOYOTA trucks and various small arms, then to use them against Iraq govt forces...visa-vie that visit by McCain?

This was a Sunni foothold in the north of Iraq, subsequently supported by Gulf States money. At this time, US started double-dealing with Iran after not getting involved in their election fiasco years before. Baghdad was declared the home of the Caliphate, as the Iraq govt was tailspinning from Al-Malaki's "breakdown", with Iranian influence peaking.

That's how memory serves me.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

So nows a good time to give us all the official definition of each. As far as I know, either or are both instrumental in the execution of US foreign policy in place of diplomacy.

Help me to understand.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

ground forces = regular troops / units.
special forces = small number of specialized troops / units.

Ground forces would be tasked with an invasion / holding territory / large scale engagement of enemy forces.
Special forces would be tasked to working with locals / disrupting enemy operations via clandestine methods / intelligence gathering / acting as advisors to locals.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Well I understand those definitions in regards to allocation of responsibilities. But special forces still operate on the ground, and so are technically still ground forces. You may disagree with me, thats cool. But Special forces are still ground forces.

None of this should distract that this is essentially still a war against Syria itself. Daesh is just the excuse to make sure our soldiers can be justified in operating on the ground.

In November 2015, The Obama administration began the deployment of U.S. special forces to Syria, on the mission of assisting anti-Assad rebel forces in their fight
In March 2016, it was revealed that British forces had helped in the building up of a mechanised battalion in southern Syria, consisting of tribal fighters to combat Bashar al-Assad’s army.

How convenient that ISIL shows up where NATO soldiers need to be, just like AL-Qaeda in the first decade of the New American Century. It is not as if the American people don't see the smoke and mirrors game anymore. I am not even sure why the MIC continues the charade at this point. With how numb the citizens mind have become, just outright openly stating the purpose is to impose a vassal leader for a vassal state to open another Central Bank that answers to the BIS. It may actually get more support
and less hesitation.
edit on 9-5-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

You think they are at war with ISIS and not Syria?

Funny.. they created ISIS.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Nukes arent in Turkey anymore-they were moved to Romania several weeks ago.

Heres comes the No Fly zone for Syria:

en.trend.az...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: princeofpeace

cool, thanks for that.
US sends 50 servicemen to Turkey southern Gaziantep province, bordering with Syria, where the US High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) was earlier deployed.

A no fly zone would basically solidify and perpetuate this war on Syria, as it would give the proxy forces being used against them a place to regroup and recover, while any ground forces that go after them would be bombed out by NATO. The only way I can imagine this being allowed is if Russia and Syria cede that territory, or Russians say "yea lets make it a true No Fly Zone, anything in the air, NATO or Syrian or Israeli will be destroyed by AA batteries." Interesting to see where this goes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join