It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American citizens need to grow up!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am disappointed with my fellow Americans. We have devolved into a nation of spoiled, entitled children. This country is in distress and WE DID IT TO OURSELVES!!! Being apathetic and selfish, acting out in our own self interests, allowing the corrupt to lead us, blindly believing we are better than anyone else - American Exceptionalism-.

The idea which created this nation is a grand notion which if allowed to follow its true course would not have led us to where we are today. No we shirked our responsibilities and left it for 'the other guy' then complain when things don't work our way. We have reached a point where the choices we have for our 'LEADER' is a corrupt criminal sociopath, a grandiose, vitriolic rich guy, a pot smoking ex-governor, and a sensible physician who is not capable of leading a nation. GOOD JOB America!

This didn't happen overnight. We allowed it to happen over decades perhaps the past 100 years or so. We don't take the fact the government is for the people, by the people to heart. It takes work to allow it to run the correct way and we have been lazy in our duties. The politicians know and count on this fact. They have over time taken advantage of OUR APATHY! We now have a political class in this country. Which really should not exist in context with what our constitution and declaration of independence put forth. Yet it does.

Folks like Barack Obama and Paul Ryan who really have never worked in anything other than a political capacity their whole adult lives. The idea of citizen/representative is all but gone at this point. The idea of Mr. or Mrs. Smith going to Washington and SERVING their constituents for a period of time then going back to their previous endeavor is lost. The checks and balances which are critical to keep our type of government working as designed has been compromised perhaps even lost forever. We did it to ourselves. You-me-every living breathing American citizen who has been able to vote!

So it is time we GROW THE "F" UP! or SHUT UP and lie down like the sheep we have become. I for one am very very troubled by this. I am one and can only do as one. We have the strength in numbers but lack the resolve. Beaten down with the rat race to accumulate the worthless fiat which is a must have in a world which frowns upon any form of SELF RELIANCE. We are slaves by our own device. Shame shame. Accept it, acknowledge it, attack it, or be doomed by it. APATHY GREED INSOLENCE INTOLERANCE will result in the further erosion of our society.
So much more to say but I think I made my point.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Bravo good sir, I could change Americans to Canadians and you would still be spot on.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

I am disappointed with my fellow Americans. We have devolved into a nation of spoiled, entitled children. This country is in distress and WE DID IT TO OURSELVES!!! Being apathetic and selfish, acting out in our own self interests, allowing the corrupt to lead us, blindly believing we are better than anyone else - American Exceptionalism-.

Wait till the generation of adult children 'raise' the next generation. They were never taught how to behave, imagine what their kids will be like.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Wait till the generation of adult children 'raise' the next generation. They were never taught how to behave, imagine what their kids will be like.

Said every generation.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

When you have leaders voted in by people who deliberately try to find ways to negate the Constitution and Bill of Rights, you have to assume that at this point the America that we might have remembered no longer exists.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am afraid that is the truth and it makes me very sad.
a reply to: DBCowboy

edit on 9/3/2016 by americanbuffalo1 because: space bar

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Said every generation.

Every generation it gets worse.

Because 'mom and dad' both have to work extra jobs and longer hours to make ends meet, they are gone more so can't be there to raise their kids.

Thats the vacuum of teaching. If people got decent wages this problem wouldn't be getting steadily worse.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Part of the systemic dysfunction of living in the wealthiest country on earth.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I want my grandiose, vitriolic rich guy in charge. He does not care to follow the last bloodline's plan on subverting entire chunks of the world. He understands it is better to focus on small spots one at a time. Seriously, how could trying to simultaneously subvert the ENTIRE Mid-East, North Africa, Central Asia, and Pacific Rim on borrowed money make any kind of sense??? We are supposed to keep to the old formula, of one place at a time, until the vassal leader whips everyone into formation. And THEN we move on to another. Then these fools jump started 9/11 and used the mind control chemicals they discovered 5 years later and clever programming with tactically placed tones, rhythms, patterns, colors, and word placement that 100 years of psychology and neuro-science has provided the world to influence minds with ease. Of course that was after the majority of independent media was consolidated into a consortium of multi-nationals which reached its premise on y2K.

In any case, the old formula worked better, one at a time.
edit on 9-3-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1

Systemic is right. Trickle down dysfunction brought upon us buy the very wealthy at the top of corporations, banks and the gubment.

The wealth is at the top, the workaday struggle to keep them wealthy.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
americanbuffalo1

Funny you post this..I just felt the same last night and went into my daughters bedroom and told her I was sorry. Sorry that I didn't care enough to ensure that she had a good future to look forward to. Sorry that I was soo busy working and trying to chase the all mighty dollar .. so stuck in the "now".. trying to make ends meet..I forgot to look ahead..to make sure there was a "later" for her.

This is my fault..my error..my mistake. And I wanted to let her know I was responsible. Hardest thing I ever did..to look her in the eyes and admit to my daughter I failed her..but I did fail her..and I needed to take responsibility for it.

Now..what to do from that? How do I help correct my mistake and turn the tide... how do I try to at least correct some of this madness? As you said..I am only one person..but it sounds as if many others are feeling the same. And that gives me some hope...

Thanks for posting this,
blend57
edit on 3-9-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What to you think about the Standard of the Nordic countries?

Dysfunctional trickle down system, wealthy oligarchs, King and Queen, Banks..

Yet i dont have to worry about anything, bad, bad, system..

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1

Systemic is right. Trickle down dysfunction brought upon us buy the very wealthy at the top of corporations, banks and the gubment.

The wealth is at the top, the workaday struggle to keep them wealthy.

See what happens when capitalism is unregulated; And the corporate Oligarchy decides social policy in conjunction with almost unlimited political power.

And so the solution is to elect a corporate billionaire CEO to lead us out of this mess?

The irony is delicious.

edit on 3-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21200919]blend57[/post

Your trying to survive in a society which places a premium on earning money. It happens to way too many of us and it is very difficult to have the correct balance. Everything is about balance. Look around and you will see how out of balance so many dynamics of this world we live in are.

You just do the best you can for you and those you love within the framework as it exists. Someone posted earlier about one thing at a time and that is just it. One thing at a time. I for instance use cash as much as possible, vote all incumbents out, all the time everytime. Limit my interaction with government. I try to make due with less money than I am capable of making due to what I trade of myself and what I feel is really important is worth more than dollars or things.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

teach your kids not to waste their twenties partying. And instead take that decade being serious about real life, always putting away money for their future, to leverage themselves against the fiat system, to recognize the thought control. To not BUY into the consumer lifestyle. To build success with service to our community in mind always. To get involved in their community at the civic level and network with others in their city who have chosen a similar path.

The one recurring behavioral anomaly I have been studying is he wanton across the board waste by several generations of their third decade of existence (the 20's). Our population is taking this most productive decade of our existence, and channeling it into a YOLO experience. Foreigners have realized this, and take advantage of our educational institutions for specialized learning and take it back to their home lands to benefit their communities.
Not enough of our people are doing the same to reproduce the results here at home.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
This is my fault..my error..my mistake. And I wanted to let her know I was responsible. Hardest thing I ever did..to look her in the eyes and admit to my daughter I failed her..but I did fail her..and I needed to take responsibility for it.

It was more than an individual responsibility. Way more. It WAS orchestrated herding.

If you dig right there at the spot marked X ... you, too, will buy up a few guns and the ammunition required for your role in putting things back on track.

ETA: "Growing up" is gonna be hard this round.

edit on 392016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes it is deliciously ironic.

We support them with our labor, enable their vanity, greed and power tripping with our taxes, bail them out when they screw up and elect more of them to office.

Who was it said we would willingly enslave ourselves in a stronger, smaller cage?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

"....a pot smoker ex-governor...", how does that at all relate to his ability to lead, shape policy, unite the country, etc., etc? The last 3 presidents would've never taken the oath with that complete and utterly, ridiculous nonsense as a prerequisite for POTUS. What does smoking pot "do" that disqualifies one for being president?

That remark in your OP is so transparent and pathetic, I am sure it's lost on you the irony of suggesting as much, when the thread title is "American citizens need to grow up". How about you do so more 'growing up' and come back with some substance and a topic that can be taken seriously after reading the first 60-80 words of your OP? I won't hold my breath that intelligence spontaneously imparts on/visits your grey matter, but in the small chance it does, I'll be more inclined to read more of your posts.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

" What does smoking pot "do" that disqualifies one for being president?'

Absolutely nothing. Its a rant.
edit on 9/3/2016 by americanbuffalo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You forgot "Now, get off my lawn."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join