It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake just woke up Kansas City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
2 days ago we had 2 of them here in kyushu japan

Well I woke up all the sudden at 7:06am here in Texas and
wasn't sure why. It was like someone slightly pushed the bed
and left quickly.
Quoting you Japan because I LOVE your avatar !
It's so funny and awesome .

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
According to cnns website

"recent report released by the USGS showed that people in parts of Texas and Oklahoma now face similar ground-shaking risks from human-induced activity, such as fluid injection or extraction, is creating a similar risk that people face from natural earthquakes in California.
The agency outlined the risk of these so-called "induced" earthquakes, noting that Oklahoma City and the surrounding region face a 5 to 12% chance of damage from an earthquake in 2016.
The Oklahoma Corporation Commission, a regulatory agency that examines the state's fuel, oil, gas, public utilities and transportation industries, is "reviewing disposal wells in the vicinity of the earthquake near Pawnee," Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin said via Twitter."

I think this is real bad, let's not start creating earthquakes in the world just to let oil corporations make more money

edit on 3-9-2016 by Thenail because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Sep 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

They have been fracking there for some time now and waking up ancient fault lines. Whereas once we worried about a big one on the New Madrid

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow !!stay safe everyone...looks like they've had 7 earthquakes today , they just had another smaller one 30 min ago. A 3.2 quake ....

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

all of the dogs in the neighborhood were barking last night (all freaking night!) and I couldn`t figure out why. Maybe this was the "why".

How much sooner were they barking to when you felt the first one (or the first one shows up on USGS?)

It's fascinating that animals can hear or otherwise sense something like that and we're oblivious.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

It's fascinating that animals can hear or otherwise sense something like that and we're oblivious.

Not all of us are oblivious. My lady here in the land of Enchantment jumped out of bed this 1:00 AM and said "there's a disturbance in the Force" She is very sensitive and does extremely well at the BlackJack tables.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

They started approx 6 hours prior to the main shock.

It was extremely odd behavior for the whole neighborhood dog population going off like that. It was almost like they were talking to each other.

I also noticed (on one of my many trips outside overnight to try to quiet the dogs down) that the neighbor was outside with a flashlight (about 3 hours prior to the quake) looking for her cat. She said that the cat had gotten her up and was "demanding at the top of her voice" to go outside. I talked to her a little while ago and she said she had never found the cat after letting her out last night. The cat spends 95% of her time inside, so its very odd.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I thought it might have been Yellowstone.....which would have meant it was the end for us.....

Eesh
That must have been a scary thought!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
From.... www.zerohedge.com...

The USGS has said on its twitter account that it hopes the M5.6 quake is not a foreshock of a similar or larger quake. The Prague earthquake of 2011 was preceded by a strong 4.5 M quake. Hopefully this 5.6 was not a foreshock of a similar or larger quake. — USGS in Oklahoma (@USGS_Oklahoma) September 3, 2016

Also.. one of the comments caught my attention as well.

900 miles north of the Oklahoma temblor zone is the Snake River Yellowstone formation, where there is an underground hot spot. These Oklahoma earthquakes can trigger currently unknown faultlines. About 5 days before the giant Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami on Boxing Day in 2004, there was a much smaller earthquake off Tasmania on Thursday, December 23 that triggered the later more massive movement on the Indo-Austalian plate. If there is even a small chance that Oklahoma fracking can trigger a mantle plume in the Yellowstone caldera, the U.S. Geological Survey should recommend shutting down fracking in Oklahoma. But the empty suits at the USGS are paid off shills for the petroleum industry. So expect nothing from them.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The first well was fracked back in 48.
No quakes for 40 years, until now......
Has it caused water well and other minor problems near well sites ??
Yep, did it back then as well.
Does it trigger major quakes ??

I'll quote Jacob McCandles on that, " Not Hardly ".

edit on 3-9-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've never paid a lot of attention to Dutchinese before but I will now. Check this out. It (Oklahoma quake) was predicted and has said to predict them ( Earthquakes) before but I never paid attention.

Say's now that this has happened the East Coast could see a 4.0 in the next few days.
edit on 3-9-2016 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hit the wrong button.
I apologize.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
just noticed, yeah

the Balcones fault line runs from down yonder all the way to chalk hill in Dallas....1000 miles yea....and it is lit-up on the shake report chart.....I went to school in San Marcos just south of Austin....it's built on the side of a hill.....a big hill....Balcones....so they didn't report it around there I guess....

so all the way to Austin....some kind of a record.....
edit on 3-9-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Rather than waste a good post.
The West to East movement makes far more logic.
Thanks for vid.

Back in 50s, 60s, 70s ( before the days of horizontal drilling ) there were literally thousands of fracked wells.
Numerically speaking, there should have been dozens of quakes all across the Ark-La-Tex-Okl region.
There wasn't.

Buck

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm in OKC and it woke me up this morn. I'm usually in a deep sleep on Saturdays mornings, caught the tail end of this one. I thought I was done with them when I left Ca., guess not. Whole lotta shaking going on here.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

edit on 3-9-2016 by PATriKPATriKPAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I live in Southeastern Oklahoma City and It woke me up out of bed. Heard something hitting the wall over and over and I woke up and the whole house was shaking. I am from California and havent felt something like that in a long time.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
the one I felt at 7:06 was in Nevada......I'm in Dallas.....and the s waves were east west.....so I felt the Nevada quake from all that far away?

I live in Dallas. The one we felt was from Nevada?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join