It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

An ignorant driver and a note I left him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

It is an act of vandalism to slide without permission across a bonnet unless it was to avoid injury, therefore criminal.

The world you want to live in is a system of anarchy not one based on law and order.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

It is an act of vandalism to slide without permission across a bonnet unless it was to avoid injury, therefore criminal.

The world you want to live in is a system of anarchy not one based on law and order.

I didn't slide across the bonnet.. Did you not read the post.. I had to go into a busy road with my children.
I just said that in the note for the purpose of preventing him from doing it again..

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It is not about having fun or being miserable.

It is about doing things in a correct manner.

I did stipilify that your note should convict. Hence proper wording can cut to ones heart deeper than treating them as a jerk they may be acting like.

You once again made a judgment on the person from appearances which is a dangerous thing to do because you could be totally wrong.

If judged as you did by the appearance of the car, I would not even have left a note. Because guys who have cars like that are the one who usually carry illegal firearms and aren't afraid to use them.

Like I said the return may be worse than you may expect.

Knowing it could be worse is it really worth it?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I quote your note.

Hi,
Just wanted to leave you a note to express my gratitude.
Normally I would be annoyed at someone parking like a complete prick and blocking the pavement, but on this occasion I must thank you for giving me the opportunity to fulfill a childhood dream, of sliding across a bonnet like they do in the movies.
And the fact it is a brand new BMW driven by an ignorant [snipped] makes it even more special.
You should try it sometime, it was awesome.
Anyway hope you have a nice day and are enjoying the sunshine.

Kind regards,
Mr slidey sliderson.

Having reread your note I don't see where you informed the car owner of having to walk around it with your children. That came from you in a later post.

And you said you slid across his bonnet see bold print in your OP.

So Now you are either lying or distorting the truth. And if you just said it. It really makes you just as bad if not worse than he.

Either way you will loose credibility with ATS users as to being trustworthy in what you post.

edit on 3-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Sep 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I quote your note.

Hi,
Normally I would be annoyed at someone parking like a complete prick and blocking the pavement, but on this occasion I must thank you for giving me the opportunity to fulfill a childhood dream, of sliding across a bonnet like they do in the movies.
And the fact it is a brand new BMW driven by an ignorant twat makes it even more special.

Kind regards,
Mr slidey sliderson.

Having reread your note I don't see where you informed the car owner of having to walk around it with your children. That came from you in a later post.

And you said you slid across his bonnet see bold print in your OP.

So Now you are either lying or distorting the truth. And if you just said it. It really makes you just as bad if not worse than he.

Either way you will loose credibility with ATS users as to being trustworthy in what you post.

The opening paragraph of my post is below. . Which you have chosen to ignore and quote from the note instead..

So.. I take the kids to the park yesterday on their micro scooters and some ass has parked blocking the pavement/sidewalk.
We all had to walk into a busy road to cross which quite frankly infuriated me.
With no sign of the driver to express my displeasure I decided to leave said driver a little note.

As follows:-

I didn't say I said across the bonnet, only the note did.. Anyway I'm getting the feeling you are just trolling here and wasting my time.

edit on 3/9/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I didn't say your OP didn't mention you walking around it. It mentioned no children. Though that could be ifered it still is not factual to the OP.

But I digress and nit picking you.

Just remember your actions were not better.

I rest my case.

What ever happen to "judge not lest thee be judged". Oh I forgot that only applies to Christians.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

No I was nailing you on not being the better man.

edit on 3-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I didn't say your OP didn't mention you walking around it. It mentioned no children. Though that could be ifered it still is not factual to the OP.

But I digress and nit picking you.

Just remember your actions were not better.

I rest my case.

What ever happen to "judge not lest thee be judged". Oh I forgot that only applies to Christians.

Again.. You are not reading the post correctly.

So.. I take the kids to the park yesterday on their micro scooters and some ass has parked blocking the pavement/sidewalk

Maybe it's lost in translation but kids are children..

And you just need to rest your idiocy not your case.. And why bring religion into this.. What does that have to do with our discussion?
Oh.. Actually your nonsense does make a bit of sense now..
Can't be bothered anymore.. Go and check out the religion forum, you may find some heathens there that will react to your bs..

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

No I was nailing you on not being the better man.

Your only nailing yourself my friend.. Now please stop with the derailment jesterjohn.. A name more apt to a joker like yourself.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
So.. I take the kids to the park yesterday on their micro scooters and some ass has parked blocking the pavement/sidewalk.
With no sign of the driver to express my displeasure I decided to leave said driver a little note.

Hi,
And the fact it is a brand new BMW driven by an ignorant [snipped] makes it even more special.

Kind regards,
Mr slidey sliderson.

I would love to have seen the face of the driver when he saw it..
And did have a little chuckle to myself when I passed earlier and saw the car had moved all the way down the road.

Well, aren't you the entitled arschloch. Everyone should behave according to your rules because you have children, right?

Get a life.
edit on Sat Sep 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Hi,
And the fact it is a brand new BMW driven by an ignorant twat makes it even more special.

Kind regards,
Mr slidey sliderson.

I would love to have seen the face of the driver when he saw it..
And did have a little chuckle to myself when I passed earlier and saw the car had moved all the way down the road.

Well, aren't you the entitled arschloch. Everyone should behave according to your rules because you have children, right?

Get a life.

They are not my rules mate.. They are laws.. And basic consideration for others.
And yes if someone's actions put my children's life in danger than I do have a problem with that.. Simple as.. And any I'm sure any parent will have the same response.
Put yourself in this situation.. Your mother and father is elderly and require care.. you take them out and have to cross a road but someone has blocked the path, causing you to go into a busy and dangerous Road with them. You are panicked because you have 2 people to aid in this situation, there are cars whizzing past and they can't move that fast and you need to be holding both of them along with bags ( 2 scooters in my situation)
Are you not going to be disgruntled by someone putting you in this situation?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

No derailment I am on topic with your note.

You just want kudo's and pats on the back and an atta boy to keep your inflated ego from being convicted of being a jerk yourself.

And it seems 123143 agrees you were not any better.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'm with you Brother. Some people need a lesson in decency.
I'd love to see that person's reaction if the tables were turned.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hey, man, I agree with what you did. You got him to move his car and hopefully he learns from it and won't do it again. But I think you're dwelling on it too much. You don't need to argue with an internet stranger just to justify yourself. He moved his car, you've already won. Just thankful your kids weren't injured.

Have a nice day

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just walk around the car and carry on with your day?

Man, you're going to give yourself a heart attack if you let things like this get on top of you.
edit on 3-9-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

edit on 3-9-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Good for you to leave a "happy" note. I'll sometimes do this as well. Most of the time, it's in my own complex.

The apartment building sits in the middle of an oval shaped drive; there are parallel parking spots on both sides of the alley. The oval drive is a one-way on both too: Due to it being narrow, you can only come in one entrance, and leave by another.

I've wrote two notes: The first was to a rather special breed of stupid that, despite having two signs that say "wrong way", and all the other cars were facing in the right direction, took a spot in the middle of the one way facing the wrong direction. Told them if I saw the person who parked that way, I'd report it to the police next time.

The second was to yet another ignorant moron - While I give him credit for parking in the right direction, he somehow found a way to park between two validly-parked cars over a no-parking section (those cars were essentially blocked in because of him). I left a diagram as to how to park like a human, and told him he should probably lock his car (it was locked, but if you prove to me you don't even look at your surroundings before going inside, I will mess with you).

Now, why didn't I call the police? Quite simply - I would have...if they proved to be so stupid to do it a second time. So far, the same vehicle's tenants are still living in the complex, but as of today, they are now following the rules. If I met them in person while doing it, then they would not like me either, because I'd be filming it and then reporting them to the cops.

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

so youre a kind and loving father and yet see no wrong in vandalism. What lessons are you trying to teach your children in taking matters into your own hands. How does scratching his car teach him a lesson or stop him from doing it again. Like I said you are special, and very angry

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Later he admits to lying in his note and didn't really slide across the hood. So he says, I am not sure which is really true.

So then he taught his youngin's that lying is ok whey trying to get a point across.

He seems to practice situational ethics and sees no error in lying or vandalism as long as it is to prove a point.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is a good parent, just a parent. Even the wicked love their own. Proof is in the pudding.

edit on 4-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

so youre a kind and loving father and yet see no wrong in vandalism. What lessons are you trying to teach your children in taking matters into your own hands. How does scratching his car teach him a lesson or stop him from doing it again. Like I said you are special, and very angry

I think you may have a problem with reading and proccesing information..
No car was scratched or vandalised.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join