It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

An ignorant driver and a note I left him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Plain clothes cops are allowed to use their own vehicles.

Still no excuse for giving bad behaviour in return for bad behaviour.

Rendering evil for evil only begets more evil.

Evil will only end when we stop playing into its desire.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Check-outs too. I'll always let someone in front when they have a a few items and I've got a bunch. Not many people do that anymore and I include people of all ages in that.

So there are at least 2 of us left...
Carry On

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

a reply to: JDeLattre89 Is it our duty to do such? Acting even worse than the offender? Call a cop and report it then let the tow truck fetch it off the walk. A greater lesson is learned in paying for towing and a fine?

No, not your duty . . . but does it really hurt you to remind others to think?

How is bringing a dangerous and stupid act to the attention of the offender acting worse than the offender?

No lesson is usually learned from the towing of a vehicle. However, it does remove a hazard such as that presented to the OP.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Misterlondon
Have you given thought that it could have been a plain clothes cop in pursuit of a criminal and had to park it so "ignorantly" to continue to pursue his subject?

I have found it much easier in life to let such slights of people to go and not sweat it.

There is enough to in life to sweat over and that is not one of them.

I have found in life what goes around comes around. So expect your up and comings.

That's fine.. If I ever Park like a [snipped] and someone leaves me a note I'll know why that karma had a hand in it.
And believe me, this was no undercover police car.. It was jazzed up with aftermarket alloys and tinted windows..
Looked like one of those cars where you hear the bass before you see the vehicle..
edit on Sat Sep 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
And see above about cops not affording BMWs. Well, unless it is a broke down one from the 80's.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

If we all follow the example of the OP then we live in Anarchy.

We have laws, and yes people learn not to violate laws when confronted with the fine, towing and impound fees for their violation.

But if everyone takes matters into their own hands society devolves into Anarchy, structured or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Plain clothes cops are allowed to use their own vehicles.

Still no excuse for giving bad behaviour in return for bad behaviour.

Rendering evil for evil only begets more evil.

Evil will only end when we stop playing into its desire.

The only bad behaviour is parking in such a manner... Something to do with this has touched a raw nerve with you.. Maybe you had done something similar in your car and had a repercussion because if it.

And comparing leaving a sarcastic note and being evil do not equate in terms of an example.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So you justify your criminal and poor behaviour and promote others to do likewise.

You are an Anarchist and care not for the laws of the land.

The return could be worse than a note.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So you justify your criminal and poor behaviour and promote others to do likewise.

You are an Anarchist and care not for the laws of the land.

The return could be worse than a note.

Sometimes I just don't understand some peoples thought processes..
The fact of the matter by parking like this he was putting people's lives in danger.
I could have left a note that was worse or more aggressive but instead opted for a sarcastic note. My thought proccess at this time was that by leaving an aggressive note he may have retaliated and parked like that again in response.
There is little chance anyone would Park again like that after reading that. And he did move the car to another location..

So my friend I am not an anarchist, I may have actually saved a life due to my actions..
It's all a matter of perspective my friend.

What would your reaction to me be had I posted this thread saying I saw this car, did nothing and a child was killed shortly afterwards.. What would you have called me then?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Leaving a note is not criminal, and is in fact recommended by law enforcement when an offender is not present.

You seem to be the only one here not caring about the laws of the land.

And as I stated above, I would call the cops to have them towed (typically it would take a few days before the car would get towed but since it was parked in a manner which made a hazard it would be towed).

As for learning from this . . . well as a former cop I can tell you that idiots like this do not learn from being towed and fined. It is usually the same people over and over and they come pay their fine and then do it again while thinking they are more privileged than others.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
"matter of perspective" just another coin for "situational ethics" But makes you no better than he.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
I can totally relate to this in so many variations that I see almost daily.
For example, a heavily pregnant woman gets on the train full of people, no seats empty.
I'm sitting near but looking out the window distracted, a few minutes go by and I turn to see her standing with people all sitting in front of and around me looking straight ahead, seeing her right in front of them.
NO ONE has stood up to offer her their seat.
My brain immediately goes 'holy sh*t' and I get up and walk over to her and say, you can have my seat.
And I feel bad, but as I stand there looking around at all the people that MUST have seen her standing right in front of them, the anger builds....

Not exactly the same point as yours but a question I would like to pose to other members here.

This happened again yesterday in the park after this BMW incident..
The park we go to has a huge climbing area where the kids play and further back is a seating area for parents.
From the seating area you cannot always see the kids, now as one of mine is only 3, I tend to follow his movements so I can see him all the time.

Every now and again another child falls over or trips due to the running around.
When this happens I always find myself with a dilemma of what to do.. Do I pick the child up from the floor? Or wait to see if their parent has noticed?
Because of social taboos regarding male adults and children I find it a difficult situation.
The father and kind hearted person in me wants to help the child up and make sure they are OK but the rational mind in me suggests it's better to wait and see if the parent notices.
I hope this makes sense.. Now.. If I pick the child up, then the parent notices and sees me comforting their child without knowing why could cause some kind of reaction from them..
Or if I ignore the child I could be deemed as a heartless ass hole that left a child on the floor.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found it an awkward situation to be in.. Anyone else had this problem?

Well if the kid is screaming in pain, totally go over and say, "hey are you ok?".
You can do that without entering their personal space.
You are there with your kids, and have the best of intentions...
Don't overthink things like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

"matter of perspective" just another coin for "situational ethics" But makes you no better than he.

Ok.. I've heard your opinion now which I don't agree with.. So good day to you sir and I shall be more pc in the future with my actions.. Just in case it offends an ignorant driver that puts people lives in danger or some random guy on the Internet.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

I can totally relate to this in so many variations that I see almost daily.
For example, a heavily pregnant woman gets on the train full of people, no seats empty.
I'm sitting near but looking out the window distracted, a few minutes go by and I turn to see her standing with people all sitting in front of and around me looking straight ahead, seeing her right in front of them.
NO ONE has stood up to offer her their seat.
My brain immediately goes 'holy sh*t' and I get up and walk over to her and say, you can have my seat.
And I feel bad, but as I stand there looking around at all the people that MUST have seen her standing right in front of them, the anger builds....

Not exactly the same point as yours but a question I would like to pose to other members here.

This happened again yesterday in the park after this BMW incident..
The park we go to has a huge climbing area where the kids play and further back is a seating area for parents.
From the seating area you cannot always see the kids, now as one of mine is only 3, I tend to follow his movements so I can see him all the time.

Every now and again another child falls over or trips due to the running around.
When this happens I always find myself with a dilemma of what to do.. Do I pick the child up from the floor? Or wait to see if their parent has noticed?
Because of social taboos regarding male adults and children I find it a difficult situation.
The father and kind hearted person in me wants to help the child up and make sure they are OK but the rational mind in me suggests it's better to wait and see if the parent notices.
I hope this makes sense.. Now.. If I pick the child up, then the parent notices and sees me comforting their child without knowing why could cause some kind of reaction from them..
Or if I ignore the child I could be deemed as a heartless ass hole that left a child on the floor.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found it an awkward situation to be in.. Anyone else had this problem?

Well if the kid is screaming in pain, totally go over and say, "hey are you ok?".
You can do that without entering their personal space.
You are there with your kids, and have the best of intentions...
Don't overthink things like that.

Which is exactly what I do.. And maybe your right I've over thought a problem that doesn't really exist.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Totally relate to becoming even more of an asshole than said asshole.

/sarc

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

From what you posted and from what other think the PC thing was to leave the note.

I say leave a note but don't act as bad as the offender.

Leave a note that doesn't show you a complete hypocrite.

If you leave a note leave one that clearly puts them in their place by kind conviction of placing children in danger, rather than evidential supposed superiority and self-righteousness. And acting as judge, jury and executioner by sliding across his bonnet.

You were wrong in every instance and have shown yourself to be nothing more than immature.

Ask yourself next time as you write, "will this offend in like matter or edify them to do the correct thing next time?"

edit on 3-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I wouldn't say the OP was in any way a "good man" he showed himself just as much a criminal than the offender.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't say the OP was in any way a "good man" he showed himself just as much a criminal than the offender.

A criminal?! Honestly mate.. What world are you living in?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

From what you posted and from what other think the PC thing was to leave the note.

I say leave a note but don't act as bad as the offender.

Leave a note that doesn't show you a complete hypocrite.

If you leave a note leave one that clearly puts them in their place by kind conviction of placing children in danger, rather than evidential supposed superiority and self-righteousness. And acting as judge, jury and executioner by sliding across his bonnet.

You were wrong in every instance and have shown yourself to be nothing more than immature.

Ask yourself next time as you write, "will this offend in like matter or edify them to do the correct thing next time?"

If I had left a note saying your inconsiderate for parking this way.. He probably would have just screwed the note up and chucked it on the floor.
If he cared about peoples safety and his consideration he wouldn't have parked like that in the first place..
Now judging by the car he had and the obvious amount he spent modifying it, he would have cared about his car.
Now by using the tactic I did would ensure he would never Park like that again and in future would check his parking because he obviously cares so much for his vehicle.
You can call me what you want.. But I stand by my actions on this occasion..
And yeah.. Sometimes I am a little immature.. And tend to have fun in life rather than being a miserable fart.
edit on 3/9/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join