It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

An ignorant driver and a note I left him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So.. I take the kids to the park yesterday on their micro scooters and some ass has parked blocking the pavement/sidewalk.
We all had to walk into a busy road to cross which quite frankly infuriated me.
With no sign of the driver to express my displeasure I decided to leave said driver a little note.

As follows:-

Hi,
Just wanted to leave you a note to express my gratitude.
Normally I would be annoyed at someone parking like a complete prick and blocking the pavement, but on this occasion I must thank you for giving me the opportunity to fulfill a childhood dream, of sliding across a bonnet like they do in the movies.
And the fact it is a brand new BMW driven by an ignorant [snipped] makes it even more special.
You should try it sometime, it was awesome.
Anyway hope you have a nice day and are enjoying the sunshine.

Kind regards,
Mr slidey sliderson.

I would love to have seen the face of the driver when he saw it..
And did have a little chuckle to myself when I passed earlier and saw the car had moved all the way down the road.

edit on Sat Sep 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

You could have done worse

Some people don't have the clue it requires to even know how stupid they are.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Haha...classic. love the signature name too

Back in high school, a friend and I went to the mall to hang out. As we walked in, we saw, some Delta-Bravo parked his BImmer convertible, top down in the center of 4 spaces, just past the handicapped spaces.

As we passed by, commenting on our thoughts about the individual behind such arrogant lack of respect for others, my buddy couldn't resist it..."No." He said, as he turned back to his car, retrieving a half full bag nacho cheese Doritos. He crushed them in the bag, sprinkling them throughout the white leather interior.

Not cool, of course, but it felt like a good lesson taught. Whether he came out to just greasy chips on his leather, or grease stains, bird claw scratches and bird poop, I don't know. I do know, he'll never do it again, and I hope for his sake he bought the interior protection package/warranty.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I can totally relate to this in so many variations that I see almost daily.
For example, a heavily pregnant woman gets on the train full of people, no seats empty.
I'm sitting near but looking out the window distracted, a few minutes go by and I turn to see her standing with people all sitting in front of and around me looking straight ahead, seeing her right in front of them.
NO ONE has stood up to offer her their seat.
My brain immediately goes 'holy sh*t' and I get up and walk over to her and say, you can have my seat.
And I feel bad, but as I stand there looking around at all the people that MUST have seen her standing right in front of them, the anger builds....

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
For example, a heavily pregnant woman gets on the train full of people, no seats empty.

Those days seem to be gone. Time was when you were taught from infancy to be polite and thoughtful.

It used to be common practice for even 6-7 year olds to offer their seat to old people and pregnant women. It'd even be mildly shaming *not* to offer a seat. So many people don't have a clue. They're not always being rude; they're being oblivious and were never taught to think of others.

Check-outs too. I'll always let someone in front when they have a a few items and I've got a bunch. Not many people do that anymore and I include people of all ages in that. The oblivious ones have made everyone else regress to their low level of selfishness.

Bastards.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I feel very good about the way I am raising my children now. Teaching them to hold the door open for women, elderly people, military personnel, cops, and firefighters. They have actually raced each other for the chance to hold the door open.

It's such a shame that this shocks people when they do hold the door. Some more than others.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: YachiruKusajishi
I feel very good about the way I am raising my children now. Teaching them to hold the door open for women, elderly people, military personnel, cops, and firefighters. They have actually raced each other for the chance to hold the door open.

It's such a shame that this shocks people when they do hold the door. Some more than others.

Greetings-

You 'might' include including "random females" too or don't visit McDonalds™ in Lost Wages, Nevada.. Here is a link to an article of a Man killed for not holding the door open for some "Lady"...

www.theroot.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
sa reply to: Misterlondon

so if he didnt drive a BmW it wouldnt have done it for you- talk about over reaction You and your scooters are so special

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I don't know what generation you are from. But it seems like people today do not like confrontation. So note leaving is generally is the preferred MO.

However much is lost in written communication, though in yours you anger was still present even while claiming not to be angry. Though the reader does not have your intonation. facial or body language.

I wonder how much courage you would of had if the person was present?

It is a lot easier to call people names in notes/texts/posts than it is to someone's face.

Also it makes the note writer feel in control, but it is a false feeling and further adds to ones own ego.

If you did slide across the Bonnet then your note implicates you in an act of vandalism and is admissible in a court of law.

There is much gratitude for the note writer in that you lift yourself to judge, jury and executioner upon the note receiver.

Your juvenile behavior does nothing to further a peaceful society but only furthers ANARCHY.

The note was not the best thing to do. But at least your were satisfied

edit on 3-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
sa reply to: Misterlondon

so if he didnt drive a BmW it wouldnt have done it for you- talk about over reaction You and your scooters are so special

My children had to walk into a busy road to get passed it.. It doesn't matter what car it was but the fact it BLOCKED a public pathway with little regard for pedestrians, pissed me off..

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I don't know what generation you are from. But it seems like people today do not like confrontation. So note leaving is generally is the preferred MO.

However much is lost in written communication, though in yours you anger was still present even while claiming not to be angry. Though the reader does not have your intonation. facial or body language.

I wonder how much courage you would of had if the person was present?

It is a lot easier to call people names in notes/texts/posts than it is to someone's face.

Also it makes the note writer feel in control, but it is a false feeling and further adds to ones own ego.

If you did slide across the Bonnet then your note implicates you in an act of vandalism and is admissible in a court of law.

There is much gratitude for the note writer in that you lift yourself to judge, jury and executioner upon the note receiver.

Your juvenile behavior does nothing to further a peaceful society but only furthers ANARCY.

The note was not the best thing to do. But at least your were satisfied

Yes I actually did feel an element of satisfaction from leaving the note..
And believe me I am never one to shy away from confrontation, in fact it has got me into a lot of trouble in the past.
If the driver was present I would have told him exactly how I felt and it wouldn't have been as polite as that note.. Especially when I feel the ignorance of others has put my children's life in danger.
Now i could have approached this situation in many different ways including a real act of vandalism, but I decided to leave a sarcastic note which I felt would prevent this ass from blocking the path again..
Which in essence worked a treat because he moved his car, which would allow the elderly and people with young children and pushchairs to cross safely..

So.. To be fair.. I'm not the one in the wrong here, it was the person who parked so thoughtlessly..

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Do you mean anarchy? Well, maybe by spelling. But in reality I think you mean chaos, not anarchy.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Have you given thought that it could have been a plain clothes cop in pursuit of a criminal and had to park it so "ignorantly" to continue to pursue his subject?

I have found it much easier in life to let such slights of people to go and not sweat it.

There is enough to in life to sweat over and that is not one of them.

I have found in life what goes around comes around. So expect your up and comings.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc
Sorry the spell check didn't get it. Chaos, Anarchy but two sides of the same coin.

Chemicals and elements can be chaotic but only humans can be Anarchist.

edit on 3-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It would have truly been funny had you got him on video polishing the hood for an hour after reading the note.

to ChesterJohn:

I guess you missed the whole point of the guy not being there. Yes, the only way to let them know of your displeasure and hopefully perhaps maybe helping them think of the consequences of their stupidity in the future is to leave a note. Personally, I would have left a note explaining about my kids having to go in the street and reported his car to the cops as well as a hazard (hopefully getting him towed in the process).

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No not at all. Read up. Anarchy is order without structure. Very different.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Is it our duty to do such?

Acting even worse than the offender?

Call a cop and report it then let the tow truck fetch it off the walk. A greater lesson is learned in paying for towing and a fine?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
I'm sitting near but looking out the window distracted, a few minutes go by and I turn to see her standing with people all sitting in front of and around me looking straight ahead, seeing her right in front of them.
NO ONE has stood up to offer her their seat.
My brain immediately goes 'holy sh*t' and I get up and walk over to her and say, you can have my seat.
And I feel bad, but as I stand there looking around at all the people that MUST have seen her standing right in front of them, the anger builds....

Not exactly the same point as yours but a question I would like to pose to other members here.

This happened again yesterday in the park after this BMW incident..
The park we go to has a huge climbing area where the kids play and further back is a seating area for parents.
From the seating area you cannot always see the kids, now as one of mine is only 3, I tend to follow his movements so I can see him all the time.

Every now and again another child falls over or trips due to the running around.
When this happens I always find myself with a dilemma of what to do.. Do I pick the child up from the floor? Or wait to see if their parent has noticed?
Because of social taboos regarding male adults and children I find it a difficult situation.
The father and kind hearted person in me wants to help the child up and make sure they are OK but the rational mind in me suggests it's better to wait and see if the parent notices.
I hope this makes sense.. Now.. If I pick the child up, then the parent notices and sees me comforting their child without knowing why could cause some kind of reaction from them..
Or if I ignore the child I could be deemed as a heartless ass hole that left a child on the floor.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found it an awkward situation to be in.. Anyone else had this problem?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Have you given thought that it could have been a plain clothes cop in pursuit of a criminal and had to park it so "ignorantly" to continue to pursue his subject?

There are no plain clothes cops in BMWs. Departments can't afford them and neither can cops. Well, maybe the crooked ones can, but they wouldn't be chasing anyone. As for departments, if they impounded a BMW, they would sell it rather than use it.

Oh, never rely on spellcheck, it sets you up for failure. I'd rather make my own mistakes than the computer's.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Is it our duty to do such?

Acting even worse than the offender?

Call a cop and report it then let the tow truck fetch it off the walk. A greater lesson is learned in paying for towing and a fine?

Maybe you can do that in America but here in the UK it's a bit different.
Firstly a traffic Warden would need to see the car, then they would ticket it.. We don't just tow cars away here like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join