It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something strange below Orion's Belt this morning.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

No one could see the actually object. If you cover it in obvious blue photoshop dot the dot and the rays around it were both digitally implanted.

Next time just put a circle around it.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I believe you are missing the point
There would have been no time to photograph the object

The image posted is to show the region where the object was seen

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

No one could see the actually object. If you cover it in obvious blue photoshop dot the dot and the rays around it were both digitally implanted.

Next time just put a circle around it.

I didn't take that picture. It was pilfered from google and I marked the location of where I seen the light. Hence being a mock up.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Satellites usually gradually build up in luminosity and then fade away relatively slowly. I see those all the time.

The thing I've seen made a single pulse of light. A single flash.

Maybe it was the solar panels of a satellite rotating on itself - the panels would only reflect the sunlight back at me at a precise moment. As the satellite continues on its trajectory, the next earth-ward reflection will hit just off of my location, and the flsh wouldn't repeat.

That's the best theory I've got.

was just about to suggest this, if the sat is pointing toward earth and geostationary then it should be repeatable. If it is spriraling [ not sure of the term] such as a mapping satellite or military then you might not be in line of sight for a while again.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think that Sirius is below orion, and for years I have watched it pulse / flash blue and red, like a cosmic police car. It has become more pronounced over the past decade IMO. But, if it disappeared, that would not be a star. Unless a cloud covered it maybe?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
The object you saw ... could it possibly have been a short lived Orionid meteor

I would agree with that as well. The main stream of Orionids start on October 2 and run to November 7, so the Earth has not intersected that orbit yet. Could be a rogue, and coming straight toward you.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I believe what you saw was an Iridium Flare.

I changed my location in Heavens-above.com to Cincinnati, OH, and scrolled back to 03 Sept 16. At 5:44 a.m., there was a center flare of -6.1 magnitude. That is a very bright, but momentary flash.

If you log onto the above site and register (I'm not affiliated with them, just a happy user), you can find out when Iridium flares are going to be visible from your location, as well as ISS flyovers and other observable celestial phenomena.

I think you saw an Iridium flare. Some of them are very bright, as they are communications satellites, and since they are in a stable orbit, the reflections from their surfaces can be accurately predicted. They are beautiful, in as much as they're a momentary flash in the sky.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
A blue ball below his belt between his legs and near the tip... perhaps Orion was hunting for something other than all the animals on Earth!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus
The OP describes a bluish, and momentary flash, which seemed to be stationary. Iridium flares are white, and typically last a few seconds, while also moving across the sky.

I don't think it was an Iridium flare.

Heavens-above.com however is really a good site to check for what you're seeing in the sky.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

I love watching Sirius also ...But it is not in the area pointed out by the pic which is near Orions Sword (a stellar nursery)
Sirius is almost in a line with the belt stars of Orion but to the left and much further down and is seen to rise after Orion

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

This guy...
rofl
You are too much... please, stop now before you put my life in danger.
Don't even reply to this, I'm not prepared for what you might say next.
This guy, man... I'm telling you.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Iridium satellites are moving, but the flares are singular, stationary from the viewer's perspective. I've seen lots of them and they appear bluish sometimes, depending upon the depth of Earth's atmosphere through which it is viewed. Orion, being low in the sky before dawn, is perfect for that phenomenon.

I also have vast experience with being wrong, so that's a strong possibility
; the clues seemed to line up for me.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Iridium satellites are moving, but the flares are singular, stationary from the viewer's perspective.

No, they aren't. Like I said, Iridium flares last a few seconds (fading in and out gradually), and the satellites causing them are seen moving.

Here's a video of one: www.youtube.com...

I've never seen a bluish satellite flare, and don't see how any atmospheric condition could cause one.
edit on 5-9-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No worries. We disagree.

Maybe you can find data to support a different celestial phenomenon for that time. Hey, that's the fun of it, right? To get us looking and learning.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Dear sirs, Good day!
Im new here on ATS but reading some posts from time to time.
This post aroused my interest cuz i saw a light blue pulse of light in the night sky too but around 9 pm German time.
The opener described very well what i saw!
The light pulse was fix in the night sky and not moving.
What i saw couldnt be a sattelite cuz i know how they look like.

This evening i will check the location in the night sky.

Im curious what this could be!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join