It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you happy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I used to work with advertising, and in fact i can say i was really good at it.. I specialized in the field of sports and understanding different markets and their cultures. Small events and tiny projects became big venues and gigantic marketing strategies.. I started out as a simple designer with a passion and a dream and became a junior art director within a year. The following year i was promoted to a senior art director and my work slowly integrated into being a Senior creative director. I could both micro manage and macro manage, i could advise the younger or the less experienced with simple ideas and thoughts.. My Nordic background was essential, a flat structure with a five man team. If someone fails, the team failed not a individual.. The teams got specialized and my role became more of a mentor, i wanted them to develop what they had a passion for and integrate it into every project..
But one day a person i mentored said to me;" Are you happy? " I thought to myself;" i achieved what i wanted and I remembered where i started "

Thirty days later i sat in school once more, learning instead of teaching. I wasnt needed anymore. The skills i learned i taught to twenty others, they did my job and some even better..

My students that once were, took me to the Gates of Heaven and i opened the Bible for the first time and i felt at home.
edit on 201692 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

If a student surpasses a teacher, who is the student?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.
~ Aristotle

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

A great testimonial to how far we have to go in life regardless of how much we think we know.

Old saying...the more we learn, the less we know

How fortunate you are.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I think there are two types of happiness, although most are unaware.

I am always spiritually happy. I can always turn in-words and say I did my best even when I make a mistake.

Worldy I am unhappy. I have been in 2 failed marriages. I would like a new relationship but I am a shy introvert who has anxiety because of his failed marriages. I have been hurt and I carry that pain as a reminder to be patient.

So I am happy because spiritually I am complete and in Love with God. But also unhappy at the same time because I lack what I feel I need to be complete in my worldly life.

edit on 3-9-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I think you are blessed. I also believe that anyone who is in a position to learn -- or teach -- is also blessed, because that dates back to the entirety of human history.

I have said before, "if I choose to stop learning, I start dying." Every. Single. Day. offers an opportunity to learn something, to grow, to acquire an experience that benefits a person.

Nothing is static -- everything changes. I am happy, which is "content's" cousin. I didn't just arrive here as a leaf floating on a river; I decided the person I wanted to be and built that brick by brick. I think you are doing that also.

top topics

join