It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

It's MADNESS I tell you!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Actually complaining is pretty much all a person can do. Aside from armed insurrection complaining and trying to wake people up to the fraud of the two party system is the only legit way of challenging the system.

Nope. To be blunt, that response just shows your personal limitations. You believe that those are the only things you can do, which is why you feel powerless. I, on the other hand, am working with people to start our own lobbying firm, PAC, and the databases and political infrastructure necessary to get people who share my ideals into positions of power. The biggest hurdles right now are financing and learning the legal limits of each type of organization (as in, some actions are legal to some organizations but illegal to others).

Voting will do nothing at all. Nothing!

If that's how you really feel, then simply don't vote.

I used to be an idealist on voting, literally wanting a world where every adult in the world had an equal say in the rules of the districts and environments they live in. But I guess I'm getting jaded with that. Threads like this & the last 8 months or so of my real life have proven to me that most adults simply don't give a crap about rules, politics, or being a part of any real solution. They just want to live their daily lives and entrust the rule making to people like me LOL. Well so be it.

Even when people complain, they won't do anything about it. They'll just piss & moan, get distracted by the latest bogeyman or manufactured crisis, and then believe the next politician who comes around saying they'll fix these make believe "problems".

Waking people up is the only chance, solutions are secondary. People being aware of the nature of the problem and the extent of the problem comes first. Solutions are easy, they're already out there, ATS could whip up any number of solutions within 24 hours. Just reversing the untold damage the globalists have already done would go a long way.

BS. The information to "wake people up" has been out there for decades, depending on the topic. And in my real life, I work a lot on activism for the causes I believe in. But no matter how much people act like they're "waking up", they continue to fall for the same crap over & over & over again. That means they're either still "asleep" or they willingly go back to sleep when it's time to actually do something.

That's cute. You still think these personalities - these actors - represent their own beliefs in office. Right.. when are people gonna learn that policy does not change even a little bit. They don't get to do their own thing, if that was the case all their policies wouldn't reflect the wishes of corporations, their lobbyists and the ultra rich. Monsanto has more input on policy than any president personally has.

That's a flat out lie. I watched my state implement cuts to social programs, introduce "anti-Sharia laws", and gut education spending. I've seen the increased militarization of our police; the fallout from idiots passing new laws to allow guns in bars; the screwed up groundwater (but lower gas prices) because of fracking policies; the Bush tax cuts become permanent; and the effects of new voter suppression laws & redistricting. I've also seen new medical and recreational maryjane laws pass & have seen both pro- and anti-LGBT measures pass at different levels of govt. If you really think voting doesn't matter and that no policies change, then you're clearly still asleep & are part of the problem.

However, if the right wing really thinks that policies don't change regardless of who wins elections, then they should quit whining about Obamacare, Obama's executive orders, the Bureau of Land Management, and every other federal program you claim to be against. Because by your own admission, those same exact policies would've happened under right wing politicians, right?

That also means you'd believe Libertarians like Gary Johnson & candidates like Trump will also enact the same policies as every other politician. I don't even think you believe what you just posted.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

You're right, there are other avenues for change. But voting is severely limited.

That's a flat out lie. I watched my state implement cuts to social programs, introduce "anti-Sharia laws", and gut education spending.

Micromanaging every minor politician is too much work, they prefer constructing the whole political consensus in the first place. That way the overwhelming majority will stay in one of two predefined and limited boxes controlled by a party. I would imagine that the president have less leeway than a local politician, sure he may be able to put his own spin on things to a certain extent but if they want an act like the Patriot Act or an agreement like the TPP to pass they will apply enough pressure to get it done.

However, if the right wing really thinks that policies don't change regardless of who wins elections, then they should quit whining about Obamacare, Obama's executive orders, the Bureau of Land Management, and every other federal program you claim to be against. Because by your own admission, those same exact policies would've happened under right wing politicians, right?

You fail to appreciate the dialectic aspect of this process. The left and the right still play their roles. The synthesis is more important than the thesis or the anti-thesis. The police state in the US has grown incrementally no matter which administration was in charge. It's also unknown exactly how compartmentalised the information about the agenda of this network actually is. We just don't know, we can see traces everywhere but they're not gonna talk openly about organisations and hierarchies. There's also the possibility that there are vying factions within this cabal network and that the two parties are actually representative of this. And.. importantly, there might be people that are in the know that are opposed to these plans.

This common monolithic view of the NWO is not very nuanced, I understand why people view it as cartoonish. It's often presented in a very all-encompassing way. They don't control everything, that's mostly a straw man view of the conspiracy although a lot of people buy into it.

As for Trump, I honestly don't know what to believe about Trump. Is he dark horse? Hell if I know.. I doubt a billionaire like that would be completely unaffiliated, he's been running in those crowds for so long and now all of a sudden he's an anti-establishment rebel? Where did that even come from? Has he ever even displayed a serious interest in politics before? He's a giant self-promoting narcissist and I'll leave it at that.

BS. The information to "wake people up" has been out there for decades, depending on the topic.

Sure but for how long have we had the internet? How many people were conspiracy theorists in the 90's? Those 3 nerds in the X-Files and Mulder. And before the 90's, how many people really wrote or talked about these things then?

This type of progress takes a long time especially when the information is of this nature, people have an aversion to such uncomfortable truths. But we have come a long way, I don't doubt that for a second. Hillary Clinton didn't say they were losing the information war without reason.

Threads like this & the last 8 months or so of my real life have proven to me that most adults simply don't give a crap about rules, politics, or being a part of any real solution. They just want to live their daily lives and entrust the rule making to people like me LOL.

True, but the totalitarian tip-toe has a way of galvanising opposition don't you think?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Wait a second. At first you were saying that voting does nothing and that policies don't change regardless of who's in power. Your last post seems like you've changed your tune. I don't mind discussing this further, but I need to know which one it is?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There are different avenues for change but unless the root problem is thoroughly addressed we're only dealing with symptoms of the sickness.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I haven't really changed my tune. I've addressed your points in my earlier lengthy post.

As long as they can expand the police state, pass the laws and acts they want passed and go to war with whomever they like the type of cosmetic change in small communities you're talking about is irrelevant.

Have anyone challenged the patriot act in a meaningful way? The TPP or the NSA spying? How about those wars in the Middle East that general Wesley Clark warned us about? Hillary changed her tune about the TPP after Bernie made it an issue, how credible is that? Earlier she called it a "gold standard".

The root problem needs to be addressed, otherwise we're stuck reacting to their crafted narrative. Problem, reaction, solution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join