It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

It's MADNESS I tell you!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vector99
I've never been laughed at over my vote. Maybe because I could present an argument for why.

Not an in your face laugh, but really? Florida decided the 2000 vote. That was a TPTB laugh in my face if I ever saw it, and i hate unfounded conspiracies, but c'mon...

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

But it's free.

No, it costs me time, and time is money.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I waste too much of both.
Voting takes little of either.

You've spent more time in this thread than it takes to vote. Are you getting paid to post?
edit on 9/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ehh, yea you are right, BUT, I live by the thought of screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.

My vote/non-vote will literally make zero difference.

If I were to apply my vote on a local level I would have to invest time in researching who to vote for, as I wouldn't ever vote for a political party just because. That means I have to look into many people running for many positions, compare their history, compare their campaign platforms, and make an intelligent decision on one or the other. And my vote likely will still have zero effect. Way too much time for me.

You've spent more time in this thread than it takes to vote. Are you getting paid to post?

are the polls open? can I vote from home?

edit on 3-9-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Too bad everyone doesn't feel the same way.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

No, it's a good thing that the democratic process ensues, but it's nothing more than a cycle.

I've said a few times before, I will actually care about voting once congress is hit with term limits.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Know what? My guess is that if it wasn't term limits you have some other excuse.

It's cool. Don't vote. And don't bitch.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

No no, don't assume, you know what that does.

Presidential and local elections have zero effect on the country when it's the congressional votes that actually matter. And for some reason those people keep getting elected.

I wish I could do a horrible job and make bad decisions and keep on truckin' but i live in reality.

Change the people that decide the laws of the country on a regular basis and I'll definitely be motivated to vote.

It is congress itself that defines the term "career politician", even you cannot deny that.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I've never been laughed at over my vote. Maybe because I could present an argument for why.

Are any of our elected leaders actually worth the vote ?...

I mean why vote for a party that has their own best interests at heart and not the peoples ?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The only thing I'm denying is that it makes any sense to proclaim, "I'm not voting!"

You want Congressional term limits. How's that supposed to happen? Magic?
So guess what? You're safe? Don't vote and you will continue to have a reason not to.

edit on 9/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Congressional term limits would have to be proposed by congress itself.

Who the F* is going to realistically vote themselves out of a job?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Like I said. You're safe.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

You dodged me on that one though.

I know I'm safe, nothing will change, same ol' status-quo

Now, how do you convince a group to pass a measure that would effectively fire them? You can't

it's not the president who makes laws, it's congress. They also are the ones that would have to decide to set term limits. It won't happen. It's a travesty of a flaw in the USA voting system and it won't be changed anytime soon.

I'll vote, and happily vote once the error is corrected.

I give 2 #s about the figurehead person in charge, I care more about the lifetime politicians. Politics should NEVER be a career choice, but it is.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
pff dbl
edit on 3-9-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Um, yes?

A ballot comes up every year for insignificant positions, every 2 years for more significant positions.

That's simply not true. There are numerous special elections that also happen in between a bunch of other elections. I've had to vote twice this year alone and my State hasn't even had early voting for the presidential race yet. (And technically, I think I missed a special election earlier in the year.)

ETA: And wait, you think the midterm elections are for insignificant positions?! LOL The entire House of Representatives is up for election every 2 years! And 1/3 of the Senate is up for election every 2 years, too. State congressional elections are the same (as in, all State Representatives have elections every 2 years and generally 1/3 of all State Senators are up for election every 2 years). Other ballot initiatives like votes on medical maryjane, changes to State constitutions, and much more can also be added to any of the elections.

What never changes though? The names on said ballot.

Wrong! The reason those names "never change" is because people like you don't vote in the special elections or primaries! Those are the elections that decide who's going to be the nominees. If you reject establishment candidates the way you claim you do, you need to be focusing on every special election and primary that you can. Otherwise, it'll be voters like me who choose the candidates that get on the ballot, and voters like you who only see the chosen candidates.

As a tip, this is the step where people should be supporting 3rd party candidates and new candidates the most. If they can get enough votes here, they'll oust the establishment candidates, which will either force them off the ticket or force them to run as 3rd party candidates.

When even at the lowest level of an election you are faced with the same choice over and over, why bother?

I don't know what districts you're in so I can't comment on your situation. But in my district, it's the opposite. Many local & state positions aren't even contested/challenged, which means the incumbent wins by default. And many of the positions that do get challenged are won or lost by a margin of a few hundred votes.

In fact, that's one of the things that's pissed me off the most about the Green Party. They have virtually no presence in my State, particularly at the local level. We're suffering from an absence of people willing to become candidates, which leaves us with insiders running for new positions. I'm actually working with some people to try to change that in my State, though I won't hold my breath on that one.

Oh! We get a Jesse ventura type who won on a whimsy and does literally nothing in a tenure but collect a check, then your typical voter relents back to their safe space voting (D) or (R)

He and others like him have done more than you & the others who complain but refuse to try to fix the problem. So I'll side w/them on this one. It's easy to complain about a problem, but it's much harder to try to fix that problem.

Yea, count me out.

Fine by me. That's one less potential vote for the candidates I oppose. So that works out for both of us. Though I encourage anyone else reading this to vote, especially since I'm convinced that people on the internet who claim they won't vote are lying. Usually people say we shouldn't vote in order to convince others not to vote, even though they firmly intend to do it themselves.
edit on 3-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Actually complaining is pretty much all a person can do. Aside from armed insurrection complaining and trying to wake people up to the fraud of the two party system is the only legit way of challenging the system.

Voting will do nothing at all. Nothing!

Waking people up is the only chance, solutions are secondary. People being aware of the nature of the problem and the extent of the problem comes first. Solutions are easy, they're already out there, ATS could whip up any number of solutions within 24 hours. Just reversing the untold damage the globalists have already done would go a long way.

And at least through voting, we can choose the candidates who are most likely to represent our personal ideals.

That's cute. You still think these personalities - these actors - represent their own beliefs in office. Right.. when are people gonna learn that policy does not change even a little bit. They don't get to do their own thing, if that was the case all their policies wouldn't reflect the wishes of corporations, their lobbyists and the ultra rich. Monsanto has more input on policy than any president personally has.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Usually people say we shouldn't vote in order to convince others not to vote, even though they firmly intend to do it themselves.

I haven't voted for anything since year 2000. This year will be no different.

Nothing in my life will change regardless of who is elected. I just don't care about it anymore.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Its f'd up as to how maddening and concerning but as well as to how entertaining this election is.

Almost looks like a second world election with there political solutions.

Riots and downtown shootings.
edit on 4-9-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Usually people say we shouldn't vote in order to convince others not to vote, even though they firmly intend to do it themselves.

I haven't voted for anything since year 2000. This year will be no different.

Nothing in my life will change regardless of who is elected. I just don't care about it anymore.

Like I said, that's fine by me.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hey Vector99:
I surely appreciate your op. Frankly, (I seem to be using that word a lot this evening, LOL. sry Frank.) I think it's pure distraction and theater. It's become (politics) increasingly more sensational and less and less realistic, somehow. I hate to say it, but i don't think it matters if we vote at all, and whether you do or do not doesn't qualify nor disqualify you for objecting or speaking of the matter, really.

There's always a hidden agenda and already planned for outcome, it seems, which negates our vote mattering at all....
While we are divided and conquered by agendas and rhetoric, so we won't see whatever the other "hand" of government (as in I.e., the military industrial complex or various alphabet agencies) is really up to....

Just my opinion, after all.
tetra

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join