It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

It's MADNESS I tell you!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yea, it is. Political madness. Somehow every 4 years this happens in America. I don't know why or how, but since there are really only 2 options for president the country becomes divided each and every time. my bowl of $#!^ is better than yours!

Um, no. They both suck, and you suck for supporting either of them. I don't care about your thoughts of rationale or personal subjective feelings. You vote for either and you are a sucker. A herd following sheep and nothing less.

There are 2 other candidates this year, and oh boy are they great!!! Yea, not. People love Gary johnson, but really people, have you ever watched a single interview/debate of his? It's freaking comedy gold, the guy is literally so stoned each time he just fires from the hip like Trump does, but his commentary is amusing at best. I'll be honest I don't know much at all of Jill Stein other than if her platform were truly worthy I would have seen some worthy threads here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You're not wrong...

The best we can hope for is that one of these idiots wins, and enough people are mad about it that we spiral into a civil war.

But that won't happen- clinton was chosen at least four years back for this one. They've bent the system around it for her.
She will lose the popular vote (well, maybe- I'm seeing a lot of people vote for her out of fear of the sweaty dynamite guy. I'm ashamed to share a species with them more than I'm ashamed of the other camp), but she still win- just like bush.
Then she'll be exposed by everyone for everything, and the rest of the goobers will just let it slide.

Some people will protest about it, but nothing will change. A year will pass and nobody will even remember this #, we'll be neck deep in whatever crisis they create to keep us distracted while they continue to ramp up the freedom train, taking away our rights in ever increasing chunks.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

A year will pass and nobody will even remember this #

That to me is literally the funniest part.

Nothing will change either way regardless of who is elected.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It will continue as long as the state is in control of education. Each successive generation is indoctrinated with a religious zeal for "civic participation" which, if you're one of the lucky ones, takes decades to undo. It's a losing battle.

Few people want to hear it, but that's what happens when you have the state controlling what your children learn--the unquestioning devotion to that system which is the source of their own mind-slavery. By the time you figure out what happened to you, it's too late.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The best we can hope for is that one of these idiots wins, and enough people are mad about it that we spiral into a civil war.

The best we (you) can hope for is a civil war?

Are you serious?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
It will continue as long as the state is in control of education. Each successive generation is indoctrinated with a religious zeal for "civic participation" which, if you're one of the lucky ones, takes decades to undo. It's a losing battle.

Few people want to hear it, but that's what happens when you have the state controlling what your children learn--the unquestioning devotion to that system which is the source of their own mind-slavery. By the time you figure out what happened to you, it's too late.

Ding Ding Ding!

And when you are faced with ridicule and belittlement for not following the status-quo, you are more likely to follow it.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

And they'll still win if we sit around and do nothing. Complaining while refusing to vote literally does NOTHING to help the situation. And while it's easy to complain about a flawed system, it's a lot harder to create solutions to fix it.

And at least through voting, we can choose the candidates who are most likely to represent our personal ideals. Or more importantly, we can choose the candidates who are least likely to harm our priorities.

For example, there are only 2 of the 4 national candidates who've caught my attention. The first one, Jill Stein, advocates my preferred policy positions the most. But I know she's a flawed candidate & I don't think she's even slightly prepared to run the country if she were miraculously elected President. Still, I'll most likely vote for her 1) because I want the Green Party to get more support and 2) because I prefer to vote my conscience.

The other national candidate that has caught my attention is deplorable and would harm my priorities the most. I loathe his policy positions, have lost all respect for him on a personal level, and will find extreme happiness in seeing him lose the presidency in humiliating fashion. And he will definitely lose in humiliating fashion. So if the election is close in my State, I'll likely vote for the candidate that has the best chance of beating him. And my State's not even needed to beat him lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Complaining while refusing to vote literally does NOTHING to help the situation.

And complaining while going out and voting has the same effect. Nothing.

US America is great, but was never set up to be ran "for the people, by the people"

I was told in 2000 that my vote meant less than other peoples votes.

But yes, the electoral system keeps it fair and balanced....especially seeing as there are 245 electoral votes available that are not bound to popular vote standards.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You don't vote for state and local candidates?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Local voting per district is so targeted that yea, your vote means little.

Maybe you will be the deciding vote on that judge re-elect, but not likely.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
We don't elect our judges.
But mine is a very strong Democrat state though, so any other vote doesn't do much in the way of electing anyone. Though we did have a GOP governor a while back, a woman, no less. So odd things can happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Complaining while refusing to vote literally does NOTHING to help the situation.

And complaining while going out and voting has the same effect. Nothing.

US America is great, but was never set up to be ran "for the people, by the people"

I was told in 2000 that my vote meant less than other peoples votes.

But yes, the electoral system keeps it fair and balanced....especially seeing as there are 245 electoral votes available that are not bound to popular vote standards.

You do realize there's more to voting than just presidential candidates, right? Every ballot has numerous candidates for numerous different positions, some of which are decided by dozens or hundreds of votes. Not to mention any other measures that are on the ballot, like local initiatives, referendums, and amendments to State constitutions.

And even if you're just talking about the presidential candidates, I still think you're wrong. Only a fool would refuse to vote against a candidate that directly threatens their interests. And if each candidate threatens their interests, it would make sense to vote for the one who'd cause the least harm.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nevada does. We also have one and only one talk radio station, and it's right wing. Nevada will vote republican this year.

Local councils and magistrate votes mean nothing. Congressional votes are a bit different, but Reid had it locked so hard that even the most staunch (R) was voting for him. Thanks Sharon Engle.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ok.
Roll over then.

Voting is a really hard thing to do. Easier to do...nothing but bitch.

edit on 9/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Um, yes?

A ballot comes up every year for insignificant positions, every 2 years for more significant positions.

What never changes though? The names on said ballot.

When even at the lowest level of an election you are faced with the same choice over and over, why bother?

Oh! We get a Jesse ventura type who won on a whimsy and does literally nothing in a tenure but collect a check, then your typical voter relents back to their safe space voting (D) or (R)

Yea, count me out.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Ok.
Roll over then.

Voting is a really hard thing to do. Easier to do...nothing but bitch.

It's better than feeling like you did something only to be slapped and laughed at.

Yea, the 2000 election did that for me.

Then looking into local elections and the BS involved in career politics made me realize voting is a joke in general.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
They meant a revolution.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I've never been laughed at over my vote. Maybe because I could present an argument for why.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

No, no revolution, just a FU to the electoral processes in America.

Does my non-vote mean anything?

It means more to me than my vote for Gore in 2000 did.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Nothin' ain't worth nothin'.

But it's free.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join