It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump volunteers are signing a lifelong contract never to criticize him

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sounds like he's setting up future law suits since those seem to be part of his standard operating model.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Versus the current transparency?????

Nothing like the government making you do things you don't want to do *cough**Obamacare**cough*

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Where was the part where people were forced to sign these agreements? oh right they volunteered.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm sure that was an expectation.

And based on the responses in this thread, it was probably a good one. I guess people can't fathom the idea of not stealing information.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Will the deflecting of Trump to Hillary and or Obama ever slow down? It's tiresome and very boring. Look, you're preaching to choir about our current gov'ts lack of transparency. I lost all hope for Obama when he didn't fight for it like he said he would back in 08.

So Obama aside, can you imagine this man, who sues anyone if they hurt his feelings, our commander and chief? There's no way Trump can handle being criticized if he ever becomes president. And believe me, if he's running the show I fully expect it to be a poop show so he will be criticized night and day. It would break him and who knows what crazy things he would try to do.

Hell, as a candidate he's already said he's in favor of silencing the media and lets not forget he LOVES BIG BROTHER.

So it's no wonder he makes everyone sign an NDA. It's not a common thing to do either, making everyone who works with you sign them. Well, that is, unless you work in the intelligence field which he obviously does not.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Who mentioned Clinton?

NDA's are very common in almost any time of professional work done now a days. Even video game beta tests make you electronically sign them.

I'm not worried about a radical Trump presidency. Just keeping a sane, fair, SCOTUS.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Where was the part where people were forced to sign these agreements? oh right they volunteered.

They weren't all volunteers...

fortune.com...

Kiss transparency good bye....
edit on 2-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Americans also have a form of NDA.

I guess the term agreement could be argued but the point is the same.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's usually custom to immediately deflected to Clinton when defending Trump but in second place is Obama. Just pointing out the obvious.

It's not a common thing for presidential campaigns to make it's workers and volunteers to sign NDA's. Comparing his campaign to video game beta testers is apples to oranges and there's plenty of professional work that never make you sign them. In fact, it's the majority of professional work.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hell, as a candidate he's already said he's in favor of silencing the media and lets not forget he LOVES BIG BROTHER.

Excuse me, but those are pretty bold statements. Care to point out where he said those things?

So it's no wonder he makes everyone sign an NDA. It's not a common thing to do either, making everyone who works with you sign them. Well, that is, unless you work in the intelligence field which he obviously does not.

It's actually very common. Ever hear of trade secrets? Ever hear of research and development? Ever hear of business strategy? All of these are intellectual property that becomes worthless if leaked to competitors.

Ever hear of campaign strategy? Same thing.

Heck, I had to sign an NDA to get a part-time grunt job working for an inventory service! They used proprietary equipment. I will not even discuss a potential project with a collaborator unless there's a blank NDA lying there ready to be filled out and signed.

You either do not understand how campaigns work, have zero respect for intellectual property, or are upset because these NDA's are making it hard for Hillary to find out what Trump's next move is.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Excuse me, but those are pretty bold statements. Care to point out where he said those things?

It's actually very common. Ever hear of trade secrets? Ever hear of research and development? Ever hear of business strategy? All of these are intellectual property that becomes worthless if leaked to competitors.

Ever hear of campaign strategy? Same thing.

Heck, I had to sign an NDA to get a part-time grunt job working for an inventory service! They used proprietary equipment. I will not even discuss a potential project with a collaborator unless there's a blank NDA lying there ready to be filled out and signed.

You either do not understand how campaigns work, have zero respect for intellectual property, or are upset because these NDA's are making it hard for Hillary to find out what Trump's next move is.

TheRedneck

You know, if you're gonna support a candidate it's best that you know these things about them.

Donald Trump: We're going to 'open up' libel laws

Donald Trump said on Friday he plans to change libel laws in the United States so that he can have an easier time suing news organizations.

During a rally in Fort Worth, Texas, Trump began his usual tirade against newspapers such as The New York Times and The Washington Post, saying they're "losing money" and are "dishonest." The Republican presidential candidate then took a different turn, suggesting that when he's president they'll "have problems."

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected," Trump said.

Yes, it's very common in some businesses but it's not common amongst all. In any case, who cares about that because his campaign isn't a business. Well, actually, I guess it is since he's made millions already off of his donors. Instead of taking money from the rich (and he tried so hard to) he's taking it from everyone else.

In any case, please find examples of Clinton's campaign, Bernies campaign, Cruz's campaign, any campaign ever doing this.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They weren't all volunteers...

Are you accusing Trump of using slaves?

“When people are chosen by a man to go into government at high levels and then they leave government and they write a book about a man and say a lot of things that were really guarded and personal, I don’t like that,” Trump said in March.
Source: fortune.com...

Kinda makes sense to me...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Oh, I see you interpreted his statement.

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We're going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected," Trump said.
Source: yours; Bolding: mine

Freedom of the press is not freedom to slander. The purpose of the press is to report news, not spin articles.

This is a far sight different than "silencing the media," and I see no reference to a love affair with "Big Brother." I do understand why you would be against this, because he wants to make what you just tried to do illegal.

Yes, it's very common in some businesses but it's not common amongst all.

I thought that was obvious. It's common wherever the business has proprietary or sensitive information and needs to protect it. Apparently, Trump feels his campaign strategies need protection. I don't blame him.

In any case, please examples of Clinton's campaign, Bernies campaign, Cruz's campaign, any campaign ever doing this.

No.

It's irrelevant and a waste of my time. If she has one, I don't care because it makes as much sense as Trump having one. If she doesn't, then that's her call (even if I think it's a bad call).

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It sounds as though constructive criticism would be off limits with Trump, given it would be negative. Yes men only need apply.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It sounds as though constructive criticism would be off limits with Trump, given it would be negative. Yes men only need apply.

It seems to have found it way down even to ATS judging from the responses. It almost feels like an attempt at censorship which is exactly what Trump is doing.

So much for individual freedom.....
edit on 3-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Maybe not standard in politics, but it is in business. I've signed several that read the same way.

The deal is that once the employment is terminated, most courts recognize that the contract is terminated as well. As for future employment, that clause self-destructs once the campaign is over. Employers do this to try and protect themselves against espionage and disgruntled ex-employees out to make a quick buck off their back. If someone were to work for Trump, get fired, and then six months later start spreading info that they were entrusted to keep secret, then Trump has a legal claim through the contract, due to real damages.

Nothing to get excited about. SOP.

TheRedneck

Sorry but this is someone running for public office, not a job in a private buisness.

Unless it relates to national security, everything should be open to transparency, at least after the campaign.

This is why politicians get away with lying, corruption and even treason and murder, because people close to them are unable or unwilling to call out there BS.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

He could kick Obama's ass.
Talk about a weak man,if THAT is what passes for a "man"these days and the 20 somethings hit us ,WE get their stuff when we kick their collective asses.
Progs and their progeny are weak in their knowledge and expression...YOU GET that when you ignore HISTORY.
"Age and treachery will always out do youth and zeal".

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I had alittle laugh at your post.

What do you mean? Physically or politically? If Physically, no, Trump looks totally out of shape compared to Obama and his 20 years older.

Politically? Who Trump? Oh he's doing swell in these elections ain't he? I mean he only managed to get what? 45% of the total vote in the GOP primaries. That's the lowest share of a primary vote any GOP nominee has gotten since 1968. Even Romney who lost a 'winnable election' got 52% of the vote. Trump can't even find enough favour in his own party. Not to mention, he's so unpopular there was even speculation of a brokered convention for the first time in decades.

He can't even unite the GOP behind him. That's how much of a weak leader he is. He's gone through how many campaign changes? He can't take criticism from anybody. He waves the 'sue' word about like a bat every time his feelings are hurt.

No, Trump is a snowflake and so are his supporters.

Now whether Trump is really running to win these elections, that's another story I've posted other threads about.

Yep.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Talk about a weak man,if THAT is what passes for a "man"these days and the 20 somethings hit us ,WE get their stuff when we kick their collective asses.
Progs and their progeny are weak in their knowledge and expression...YOU GET that when you ignore HISTORY.
"Age and treachery will always out do youth and zeal".

I suspect this very rational bit of dialogue comes from a Trump supporter.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Was there a part where anyone read it?

*click*

or *swipe*

or whateverthehell
edit on 9/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join