It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics and religion;-- Jehu and the death of Jezebel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short
He's been accumulating it over a number of different account names.
Some people are like internet jackdaws, flying around, picking up bright and shiny things and taking them back to their nests.

edit on 5-9-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

originally posted by: Taxiarch

Interesting fact, archeologists have found ancient inscriptions that say Yahweh and his Asherah, so that makes sense of the fact that Asherah was a major part of Temple worship until some extremist decided that Asherah and the Brazen Serpent were idolatry and forever changed the way people view the Goddess wife of El, then Baal (who is confusingly the exact same deity as Yahweh just under a different name).

I hope everyone realizes that the Bible is not a history book but a book originally only for the people who worshipped the god of Israel, who is not the same as The Most High and therefore not God.

Just a fictional god who behaves like a malevolent dictator and quite frankly treats his so called chosen people like rodents.

Just because the Catholic Church included the Old Testament in the Bible I can't take it seriously as everything that the RCC has ever done has been corrupt and devious.

The only reason it was included was to combat the works of Marcion, one time financier of the church turned unwelcome heretic (once they got his money and his Pauline letters that he wrote himself).

WHERE do you get this stuff???

I read these things called books and articles written by reputable scholars.

Asherah was worshipped in the Temple along with the Brazen Serpent, that IS IN the Bible, maybe you need to stop worrying about where I get my information and do some reading. You aren't going to learn anything from threads like this so maybe get off the boards and grab a book, then you won't be confused and have to ask me my sources.

Ras Shamra tablets

Bible

Church history

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Lazarus Short
He's been accumulating it over a number of different account names.
Some people are like internet jackdaws, flying around, picking up bright and shiny things and taking them back to their nests.

Is information gathering bad now? I always knew that learning was frowned upon in Christianity but you just took it up a notch by making it insult worthy by calling me a jackdaw.

Insults, really? And jackdaw, is that supposed to hurt my feelings? As far as I am concerned it's a compliment because in context you just slighted me for being learned and that's actually a good thing as I won't spend my life worried about hell and I am still a good God revering individual.

I just don't delude myself into believing that the evil Yahweh of Tanakh fame is God or that 1/3 of "God" came to earth as a baby and grew up and got murdered to pay for my sins.

Also I can see you lack character because you make false allegations without thinking twice hoping to save face. I wasn't personally attacking you but you did personally attack me AND learning itself.

On the other hand you obviously know that I am correct and have said nothing untrue, which begs the question: "Who are you trying to fool?"

You know that Asherah was the wife of Yahweh and of Baal, as you have shown by not daring to correct me obviously because you don't want me to prove it.

Which means you know that Yahweh is just the Hebrew name of Baal (the Lord).

So why are you still pretending that this Yahweh is God when you know that it's b.s.?
edit on 7-9-2016 by Taxiarch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

originally posted by: Taxiarch

Interesting fact, archeologists have found ancient inscriptions that say Yahweh and his Asherah, so that makes sense of the fact that Asherah was a major part of Temple worship until some extremist decided that Asherah and the Brazen Serpent were idolatry and forever changed the way people view the Goddess wife of El, then Baal (who is confusingly the exact same deity as Yahweh just under a different name).

I hope everyone realizes that the Bible is not a history book but a book originally only for the people who worshipped the god of Israel, who is not the same as The Most High and therefore not God.

Just a fictional god who behaves like a malevolent dictator and quite frankly treats his so called chosen people like rodents.

Just because the Catholic Church included the Old Testament in the Bible I can't take it seriously as everything that the RCC has ever done has been corrupt and devious.

The only reason it was included was to combat the works of Marcion, one time financier of the church turned unwelcome heretic (once they got his money and his Pauline letters that he wrote himself).

WHERE do you get this stuff???

Church father Tertullian wrote in 207 AD in his Against Marcion that Paul was a self proclaimed apostle which was insufficient, that he was a false prophet and the "Apostle to the heretics."

I knew this before I started reading the church fathers just from reading the New Testament. Anyone who reads the New Testament and doesn't notice that Paul preaches Paul's Gospel and not the one Christ taught isn't reading it properly.

The Protestant churches of today are Marcionite essentially elevating the teachings of Paul over those of Christ even claiming that the Gospels were written for the Jews and the Pauline epistles for Gentiles, even Paul admits that his Gospel was not taught him but that he received it from Christ (read: he made it up, which is why there is nothing of any value in them, they are not prophetic). All Paul does is lie and complain about the Jews which is why I think Marcion wrote them.

Funny that Christ never told the Apostles or his own brother James, and that when James finds out that he has been teaching against the Torah he summons Paul to explain himself and undergoe a Nazirite purification ritual which Paul submits to before being rescued by Roman soldiers, later appealing to Caesar to save his life.

Such faith!!! Instead of asking his friend Christ to save him from the Jews he appeals not to God but the Roman Caesar.

How you gonna ask me where I get my information when most of what I said is in the Bible? I think that just shows how little you actually read (or retain what you read) and doesn't mean that I am making up stuff.

Notice the OP only insults my desire to educate myself and not the facts I spoke of, that ought to tell you something.
edit on 7-9-2016 by Taxiarch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join