It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's visit to a Detroit African American Church Saturday 3rd September

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DBCowboy
For 50, 60, 70 years, democrats have run the cities where there are large populations of minorities.

For 50, 60, 70 years. . . things have gotten worse.

This year, once again, democrats promise again to make things better in the inner cities. They make the same promises every election cycle, and after every election cycle, things get worse. The democrats lie, they break promises, they make promises that they never intend on keeping.

But's it's obviously the Republicans fault

Depends. Since WW2 the years in power are pretty even. In the last 50 years it's been 30 years Rep to 20 Dem.

Democratic 'Strong Mayors' have run those cities for 50 years.

So? Not what you were taking about here.

I'm just pointing out that Democrats have in fact run those cities for 50 years - which is the message Trump will no doubt be giving to the people of Detroit.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Please don't insult the flag of my forefathers by showing that abomination...

Please?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

For 50, 60, 70 years, democrats have run the cities where there are large populations of minorities.

This year, once again, democrats promise again to make things better in the inner cities. They make the same promises every election cycle, and after every election cycle, things get worse. The democrats lie, they break promises, they make promises that they never intend on keeping.

Depends. Since WW2 the years in power are pretty even. In the last 50 years it's been 30 years Rep to 20 Dem.

So? Not what you were taking about here.

I'm just pointing out that Democrats have in fact run those cities for 50 years - which is the message Trump will no doubt be giving to the people of Detroit.

So throw everything against the wall and see what sticks. Got it. SOP.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

That's what I meant.

Yes.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That's what I meant.

Yes.

Yep, I think someone else is confused.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
With Trump's background in major scale real estate and construction, I'm VERY curious to see what ideas he has for what can be salvaged and how from the ruins that is poor old Detroit. The De-Motorized City.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Trump got a standing ovation and cheers through his speech today in the Detroit Church.

His message was one of jobs and togetherness, with America renewed through the leadership of Christian values. He also said he was there to learn.

The media kept telling us for days that he would not speak, only do an interview, but he stood up in front of the congregation and he spoke for some 10 minutes.
edit on 3/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

It's going to be quite a visit and I would suggest even more dangerous than his trip to Mexico.

How was his trip to Mexico dangerous? "Into the lion's den" drama queen much?

This one could be a visit too far - Trump has been relentless in his campaigning but I wonder is this wise.

Does Trumpy have a reason to fear blacks?
Of course this will be a dangerous trip it's Detroit it's dangerous for everyone that goes there even more so for the people that live there.

And how long has it been run by Democrats?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: intrepid

No. I'm not arguing with you. Wasted energy. If you don't know about the Kaepernick incident research it. It was big this week.

Yes the professional football player who didn't stand for the national anthem citing oppression. I'm just curious what that has to do with Trump and pandering to minority voters.

And in response Trump's reply to that oppression:

“I think it’s personally not a good thing, I think it’s a terrible thing. And, you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him. Let him try, it won’t happen.”

Shows about how much he considers Black people. Then this outreached hand? It's BS.

Why is it that everytime Trump goes after a specific person, you guys extrapolate that to mean he's going after an entire group of people?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

It's a good thing rednecks don't have tear ducts, or I would have shed a tear. He talked about togetherness, equality, and a desire to learn about their problems. The pastor gave him a shawl and Bible, and Trump was so respectful and quiet during that... speaking only to express his gratitude.

This is a man who is truly color-blind, who cares about people.

Of course, the complaints are already coming in from the pundits... he was making an infomercial, he didn't mention 'the issues,' he wasn't sincere, the applause was just a 'polite church-clap.' I think the American people will see what I saw though...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: intrepid

No. I'm not arguing with you. Wasted energy. If you don't know about the Kaepernick incident research it. It was big this week.

Yes the professional football player who didn't stand for the national anthem citing oppression. I'm just curious what that has to do with Trump and pandering to minority voters.

And in response Trump's reply to that oppression:

“I think it’s personally not a good thing, I think it’s a terrible thing. And, you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him. Let him try, it won’t happen.”

Shows about how much he considers Black people. Then this outreached hand? It's BS.

Why is it that everytime Trump goes after a specific person, you guys extrapolate that to mean he's going after an entire group of people?

Identity politics 101.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just saw an on-the-street interview with Ben Carson on CNN. According to him, Trump didn't just visit the church... he also visited Carson's boyhood home and some of the blighted areas in Detroit. He talked to people living there... actual people on the street.

Has Hillary done anything like this? Just walked out and talked to folk? Ever?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Just saw an on-the-street interview with Ben Carson on CNN. According to him, Trump didn't just visit the church... he also visited Carson's boyhood home and some of the blighted areas in Detroit. He talked to people living there... actual people on the street.

Has Hillary done anything like this? Just walked out and talked to folk? Ever?

TheRedneck

Saw that too - he was out and about.

One of the really important things he said was that 'we need a civil right agenda of our time' and referenced African American rights to education and jobs as part of that. Clearly, that is already part of the Civil Rights Act, but sounded like he wanted to strengthen some areas. Will be interested to hear more on that.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I like the fact he said he was there to learn... not just show up in a press conference and declare he has all the answers. The first step in solving any problem is to understand the problem. He also said we were talking past each other, not to each other (how true... prime example of this will doubtless show up soon as they get their talking points straight) and that was a large part of the problem.

After this, I am actually shifting my attitude of Trump from the (far) lesser of two evils to maybe not so evil after all.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
nvm - looking for a full video link

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Very interesting, the entire media which of course on every station repeats the same stories with the same comments and same footage, not one of them tried to portray things in a bad light today,

FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN THIS THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN, the media was actually touched, BIZARRO WORLD HAS SET IN.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Very interesting, the entire media which of course on every station repeats the same stories with the same comments and same footage, not one of them tried to portray things in a bad light today,

FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN THIS THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN, the media was actually touched, BIZARRO WORLD HAS SET IN.

Some of the media outlets have taken a different approach, by focusing on other negatives, presumably because there is nothing they could find to criticise except the protesters organised outside by the Democrats.

For example, Van Jones suggested Trump has treated Pastor Mark Burns differently to Corey Lewindowski and suggested Trump was racist because of it. This despite Trump not commenting on Pastor Burns. The same Van Jones has said very little about Trump's visit to Detroit, despite bashing him for not visiting African American communities a week ago.

The MSM strategy seems to be to downplay and then switch the topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join