It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell and Hillary Clinton....I lost all respect for Colin Powell.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Annee

We do know.

Just like we know Clinton sent and received classified material via unsecured email.

NO, you don't know.

You're accepting what you want. Closing a blind eye to anything else.

The FBI has confirmed more than once she sent and received classified material.

Yes, classified at the time

She's the only one being investigated.

Must be football season. Goalpost surely being moved.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

So rather than be up in arms about the corruption and demand an end to it by NOT voting for more of the same -- although I think a pretty darn good case could be made that voting for Hillary is voting for more of the same (corruption as usual) PLUS some -- we should just stick with it because... "What the hell? Good chance they've all doing it?"

Come on Annee - I KNOW you're smarter than that. Look past the left vs right, female vs male, Hillary vs Trump paradigm you must surely be locked into at the moment -- and try and see the bigger, more wiser and mature picture.

Even if you're unwilling to accept that Trump may well be a better option than Hillary (all I can say about him is that I'd rather give him a chance over Hillary) -- there are the third party options -- or even the option of just not voting at all, which would still be better than fighting/voting for someone that will inevitably lead to more of the same corruption, at best.

I know it can be all too easy due to life's circumstances to get caught up in the game -- but I urge you and anyone else with your current sentiment -- to at least try and think about this a little deeper.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

So rather than be up in arms about the corruption and demand an end to it by NOT voting for more of the same -- although I think a pretty darn good case could be made that voting for Hillary is voting for more of the same (corruption as usual) PLUS some -- we should just stick with it because... "What the hell? Good chance they've all doing it?"

Come on Annee - I KNOW you're smarter than that. Look past the left vs right, female vs male, Hillary vs Trump paradigm you must surely be locked into at the moment -- and try and see the bigger, more wiser and mature picture.

Trump better then Hillary????? That's serious delusion.

I'm a progressive - - there's only one way to move and that is forward.

"Make America Great AGAIN" - - - You don't see the problem with that?

What do you propose? Resurrect the steel industry?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: xuenchen

We do know.

Just like we know Clinton sent and received classified material via unsecured email.

NO, you don't know.

You're accepting what you want. Closing a blind eye to anything else.

The FBI has confirmed more than once she sent and received classified material.

Yes, classified at the time

She's the only one being investigated.

Must be football season. Goalpost surely being moved.

Did you just jump into the middle of the game?

Your comment really doesn't make any sense in the context of what the discussion was.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Based on what we know about Hillary and what we know/don't know about Trump - absolutely my opinion is that Trump would most likely be a better option.

But please don't disregard my last paragraph (which you conveniently left out) regarding better options outside of Hillary vs Trump.

Your insinuation that voting for Hillary is a vote "forward" is no less vague and unsubstantiated as Trumps insinuation that voting for him will "make America great again".

What either of the candidates say/promise is not even in the equation for me. We need to go back to basics and make the removal of corruption from politics our number one priority before we can even dream of moving "forward".

Look at the candidate's history, and current circumstances -- within the context of deciding who the more corrupt -- and if you still think Hillary is the better choice (no knee-jerk reactions) -- then I'm afraid to say you are no better than the countless uninformed sheeple that vote purely based on any one of the artificial paradigms that the establishment/media have created for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Sure it does, go back and see.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Ever researched some of the things are forefathers did to get elected?

Who ever had the most liquor was usually a good bet.

The "Good Old Days" is memory & choice selective.

Oddly enough, it's not an area I've read up on much. I know that the most successful politicians are typically the ones who turn the process into entertainment just as Trump is doing now, but beyond that... not really.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Based on what we know about Hillary and what we know/don't know about Trump - absolutely my opinion is that Trump would most likely be a better option.

But please don't disregard my last paragraph (which you conveniently left out) regarding better options outside of Hillary vs Trump.

Your insinuation that voting for Hillary is a vote "forward" is no less vague and unsubstantiated as Trumps insinuation that voting for him will "make America great again".

What either of the candidates say/promise is not even in the equation for me. We need to go back to basics and make the removal of corruption from politics our number one priority before we can even dream of moving "forward".

Look at the candidate's history, and current circumstances -- within the context of deciding who the more corrupt -- and if you still think Hillary is the better choice (no knee-jerk reactions) -- then I'm afraid to say you are no better than the countless uninformed sheeple that vote purely based on any one of the artificial paradigms that the establishment/media have created for you.

I swear some of you never leave your own porch.

The world is changing. It's changing every where.

Politics is a lot of "Fluff and Shuffle" on a Global stage. It's not "Leave it to Beaver".

You want naive and inexperienced politicians still trying to hold on to integrity? Do it locally. Cuz by the time they get to this high a level - - they won't be.

The difference IMO between Hillary and Trump? I believe she honestly cares about America. Trump cares about Trump.

Both "Sharks" - - different focus.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I swear some of you never leave your own porch.

The world is changing. It's changing every where.

Politics is a lot of "Fluff and Shuffle" on a Global stage. It's not "Leave it to Beaver".

You want naive and inexperienced politicians still trying to hold on to integrity? Do it locally. Cuz by the time they get to this high a level - - they won't be.

The difference IMO between Hillary and Trump? I believe she honestly cares about America. Trump cares about Trump.

Both "Sharks" - - different focus.

The way forward is not experienced politicians as most of America through Trump/Sanders have clearly shown.

There is proof on both sides that each candidate has personal monetary stakes in the game, to say otherwise is a lie.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

There is proof on both sides that each candidate has personal monetary stakes in the game, to say otherwise is a lie.

Did I say otherwise?

Did I not call both of them Shark?

Do I want a naive inexperienced idealistic politician at the level of America's president? Hell NO!

He/She'd be eaten alive by the rest of the world leaders.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, how many career Republicans did Trump have to beat to get the vote of the people?

Also, how legit was Clintons win over Bernie?

Clinton has been trying to forcer her will with her policies, except the ones that donate to the CF.

Trump on the other hand has been dealing with many countries in a business capacity for how long now?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Do you have a short memory?
Why are you surprised about Colin Powell - wasn't he the one who brought the "Iraq has yellowcake" lies to the UN in 2003?

Thats his track record.

Colin Powell's Fabricated UN Iraq War Speech Was Fine With "Bomb, Bomb" McCain and Graham

www.truth-out.org...&ac tion=collapse_widget&id=0&data=

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, how many career Republicans did Trump have to beat to get the vote of the people?

I don't care.

Also, how legit was Clintons win over Bernie?

Bernie is an Independent. What's he doing running as a Democrat? He got what he deserved.

Clinton has been trying to force her will with her policies, except the ones that donate to the CF.

Not sure what you mean.

CF? Doesn't seem to be anything illegal. Sad when a charity that actually does help people is stopped from helping people.

Trump on the other hand has been dealing with many countries in a business capacity for how long now?

Trump is a typical bully. He can dish it out . . . you know, as long as he's in charge. What happens when he can't fire someone?

I bet his behavior during this campaign will be enlightening to those he might want to have future business deals with.

I live near the Palos Verdes (Los Angeles) Trump golf course. Oh man, were the local papers a wealth of knowledge on Trump tactics.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

originally posted by: RickinVa
LOL

Original Classification Authority (OCA)...

On July 2, the FBI interviewed Clinton. Clinton was aware that she was an OCA at State, however, she could not recall how often she used this authority (never) nor could she recall any training or guidance provided by State.

Clinton could not give an example of how the classification of a document was determined.

Priceless.

LOLOL, I guess this will also be her defense when she starts waging war on Russia.

"I cannot recall dropping the bomb on Donetsk. I don't think I was contemporaneously present for that situation. I could be wrong, but woe is me, because I had a concussion in 2012."

Hahaha!

"I launched the what?!"

"But Madame prez, we can't invade Texas, again!"

edit on 9 2 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It's cute how you throw all your "feelings" to the forefront while dismissing the facts. Trump might do this, might do that. Meanwhile Hillary is skating thorough her a mudpit of her own making while her supporters willingly smear the mud on their faces. Toodaloo buckaroo

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

15, which is also how he won. He never would have made it through a small field. Larger fields mean you need a smaller base to vote for you. What Trump did was the Huckabee strategy except he recruited racists and bigots rather than evangelicals.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It's cute how you throw all your "feelings" to the forefront while dismissing the facts. Trump might do this, might do that. Meanwhile Hillary is skating thorough her a mudpit of her own making while her supporters willingly smear the mud on their faces. Toodaloo buckaroo

Cute is not a word I would use for me.

Who's facts?

You mean what you believe?

edit on 2-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Please do not mistake my intentions.

I never said Colin Powell did what Hillary did.

What I am seeing is a man who I respected as a General, basically telling someone how to avoid having information released under FOIA by keeping quiet about their private email and to avoid using systems that would capture that data.

He basically instructed her on how to avoid turning over work related information to the government.

Doesn't matter to me if she was already using her server a year prior.

That does not negate the fact that he attempted to coach her on how to avoid laws concerning the FOIA.

Like I said before, I respected him as a General, and I used to think he would be a good president. Now I would not vote for him to be a dogcatchers assistant.

Do other people do it? Sure I assume they do. But now I know for sure that Powell is just as bad as any other politician.
edit on R592016-09-02T22:59:32-05:00k599Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

We do know.

Even as a civilian she had classified email on her server.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: RickinVa

Is there a single honest, reliable, moral person in Washington?

Which is probably why nobody in the GOP but Rep. ISSA is serious about going after Clinton. They're all doing something wrong. If any Congressman starts digging too much, some of their own skeletons will be uncovered as well.

Outsider Trump looks "cleaner" with every e-mail release doesn't he?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join