It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Colin Powell and Hillary Clinton....I lost all respect for Colin Powell.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Namedropping is important.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What's another way to describe a colon? A sack of s#!!

TBH, there aren't very many senior leaders of the US military worth a crap. The ones that are stand out very distinctly. The only thing Colon ever brought to the table was Political Correctness.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As big as it is, what does it matter? Our national press is corrupt and completely in the tank for Democrats and Hillary. They will not make a big deal of this if they report about it at all. We are living under a left-wing tyranny at the moment.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: theantediluvian

Namedropping is important.

Of course because that shows people who you know and it's all about who you know right? I just don't understand how so many people are so surprised time and time and time again.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
As big as it is, what does it matter? Our national press is corrupt and completely in the tank for Democrats and Hillary. They will not make a big deal of this if they report about it at all. We are living under a left-wing tyranny at the moment.

Blah blah blah. It's actually been the same neoliberalism for decades now but whatever melodramatic inaccurate hyperbole floats your boat.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
thing is, they're ALL a bunch of crooks.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

In his reply to Clinton via email, Powell told Clinton to "be very careful" because the work-related emails she sent on her BlackBerry could become public record. "I got around it all by not saying much and not using systems that captured the data," Powell said.

So, I guess he could not be saying that because of security reasons, right? I mean, if he was doing dirty dealings where are they? If nothing, you are all admitting she did something wrong and she is trying to blame someone she discussed it with when plans were already in motion.

His server was hacked also and I do not see anything incriminating coming out...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Powell never sent nor received classified information from his personal email. He also did not tell Hillary to use a personal email server as she claimed.

The warning is not an attempt to bypass any laws. Its Powell telling Clinton that using a private email for any government business can result in those private emails becoming a matter of public records.

Clinton did this all on her own. She knew the consequences and she is trying to blame anyone she can to try and get out of this. If the FBI / DOJ arent going to do their job then its incumbent on the American people to make sure she is not elected.

Powell did not run a pay for play scheme as secstate.
Powell did not use a private email server set up in his residence.
Powell did not send nor receive classified informat0on via a personal unsecured email.
Powell turned over all emails.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

This is why I think we need to take the government out of government. Maybe put some regular people in charge. People who hold honesty and integrity above money and power. I know I'm dreaming again, and when I wake up Ill be back in the nightmare.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You mean they're all the same; they're all crooks and criminals?

In other news, water is wet.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

This is why I think we need to take the government out of government. Maybe put some regular people in charge. People who hold honesty and integrity above money and power. I know I'm dreaming again, and when I wake up Ill be back in the nightmare.

This is EXACTLY what our founding fathers had in mind. They had no intention of creating a ruling aristocracy.

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately.

A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Source
edit on 2-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Powell never sent nor received classified information from his personal email. He also did not tell Hillary to use a personal email server as she claimed.

As you choose to believe.

We really do not know 100% what Powell did or didn't do. Do we?

You choose to believe one, but not the other.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We do know.

Just like we know Clinton sent and received classified material via unsecured email.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

We do know.

Just like we know Clinton sent and received classified material via unsecured email.

NO, you don't know.

You're accepting what you want. Closing a blind eye to anything else.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Is there a single honest, reliable, moral person in Washington?

No. Governments don't run on morality and honesty.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Is there a single honest, reliable, moral person in Washington?

No. Governments don't run on morality and honesty.

Of course they don't.

I think some watch too many movies.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

We do know.

NO, you don't know.

The FBI has confirmed more than once she sent and received classified material.

Yes, classified at the time

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

So Hillary uses the kindergarten excuse "Well, he did it too."

Not really, that's just how things are done. Nowhere in a massive bureaucracy are things done by the letter, everyone lets things slip. Sometimes those are minor things, sometimes they're major things, but that's how the world works.

We do know.

Unless of course, Powell has secret emails that haven't been discovered. That is always a possibility.

Of course they don't.

I think people just idolize politicians of years past. Because things work themselves out given enough time, it's easy to look back at the 50's and see how things have gotten better, or at the 1800's and see that we tackled the issues of back then though the work of people that appear to be mostly upstanding.

Politics in the moment is always very ugly though, 99.999% of what goes on today isn't going to be remembered 10 years from now, and today will appear to be civil compared to what's happening then. Politics and the associated politicians always look better once emotions have settled and there's a couple decades between the action and how it's received.

Anyone who is successful tends to be remembered fondly.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

We do know.

NO, you don't know.

The FBI has confirmed more than once she sent and received classified material.

Yes, classified at the time

She's the only one being investigated.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ever researched some of the things are forefathers did to get elected?

Who ever had the most liquor was usually a good bet.

The "Good Old Days" is memory & choice selective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join